The Dark Tower

CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
How many have read this series? This thread is for discussion about Stephen King's Dark Tower series. If you haven't read it...do it.

And try to use spoiler tags if you're discussing things, this is not a series to get fucked over with.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I'm about 40 pages into the first book and I'm loving it so far.
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I want to read it, whats the plot about? Apparently, didn't he cold turkey the third book? Is it addicting?
  • edited July 2010
    PM me for an invite to demonoid. Most of the series is on there.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm about 40 pages into the first book and I'm loving it so far.

The first book is great, but it's a little different from the rest of the series, as it was originally a short story. So details are kinda vague since he had no plans of extending it.

Regardless, I like all of the books and their respective styles.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nightside wrote: »
    I want to read it, whats the plot about? Apparently, didn't he cold turkey the third book? Is it addicting?

It is the kind of series that changes your view on life and literature. Especially once you finish the whole thing and take it all in.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In the story, Roland Deschain is the last living member of a knightly order known as gunslingers and the last of the line of "Arthur Eld", his world's analogue of King Arthur. Politically organized along the lines of a feudal society, it shares technological and social characteristics with the American Old West but is also magical. Many of the magical aspects have vanished from Mid-World, but traces remain as do relics from a technologically advanced society. Roland's quest is to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be the nexus of all universes. Roland's world is said to have "moved on", and it appears to be coming apart at the seams. Mighty nations have been torn apart by war, entire cities and regions vanish without a trace and time does not flow in an orderly fashion. Even the sun sometimes rises in the north and sets in the east. As the series opens, Roland's motives, goals and age are unclear, though later installments shed light on these mysteries.

The series is so fucking good. It is my favorite series, hands down. It will suck you in like a motherfucker.