Glidecam DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Life
HD-Series_Glow_Web.jpg

[VIMEO]13636797[/VIMEO]

Canon 5D Mark II + Sigma 20mm
Glidecam HD-1000
As soon as I announced I was going to test the Glidecam HD1000, many people have been leaving me messages waiting. So here’s my quick run through, i’m sure you all know how to assemble and balance these things. There’s already plenty of video tutorials on balancing, so i’m just going to show you sample use of the HD1000. Thanks for my sister-in-law for allowing me to chase her around while she (not very skilled) rides a skateboard around to show fast moving shots. Yes I was lightly jogging with the Glidecam HD1000 and Canon 5D Mark II + Sigma 20mm F/1.8.

I did a demo of the Glidecam 2000 Pro, and now I normally fly the Glidecam HD4000 which is a beast, but truly a top performer when loaded up. I love the Glidecam HD4000, but sometimes it’s a bit overkill. The way I have the Glidecam HD4000 setup, I wouldn’t want to run that way without my Steadicam Merlin Vest. So I wanted to really push the smallest Glidecam to see how much weight it can carry. It can balance the 5D Mark II + Sigma 20mm F/1.8 using all the available weights (compact mode). If you extend the base further down, you can shift the center of balance making it more bottom heavy and possibly add-on a very small LED light or Sennheiser MKE400 microphone.

Full Details

Product Site

Power going out, I will add details later.