need some help with chrome

muffinsmuffins Regular
edited August 2010 in Tech & Games
Can somebody help me with basic shit in chrome, like how do i bookmark a page? How do I import my firefox bookmarks? Is chrome safe to use?(privacy wise)

I switched to chrome because it is slightly faster than ff4 beta and I really love the fullscreen mode, all help appreciated

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Bookmarking is the same as FF I think, just hit Ctrl+D.

You can import bookmarks in the settings somewhere - either that or you can find the button in the bookmarks toolbar somewhere.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Chrome saves a huge amount of temp files so it loads faster. Mine will have 100mb or more. When I run spybot or MBAM after using chrome they'll catch spyware. If I use firefox with a few addons (noscript, flashblock, adblockplus) I get none. Needless to say I rarely use chrome.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    i love f11 for reading manga. Makes life easier.
  • edited August 2010
    Seeing as you've made the decision to switch to Chrome, you might also want to check out a few addons, such as the wonderful Adblock Plus :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, since Chrome is made by Google, you can be sure that your privacy is their #1 concern :D
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ctrl D or click the star to book mark a page. IMO firefox is just easier and has so many useful add ons.
    EDIT: firefox can do full screen too just hit F11

Actually, any browser can do full screen by pressing F11 or scrolling through the right control options. I remember I used to get frustrated many years ago when it happened not knowing how I got there and how to get out of it lol. Used to have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and lose everything.
  • edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Also, since Chrome is made by Google, you can be sure that your privacy is their #1 concern :D

You are being totally sarcastic, right? :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    You are being totally sarcastic, right? :D

• jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Chrome is really nice because of speed but that is mostly because it trys to have only needed things. It is also far simpler. But there is less security involved. I keep it because I like my google shit including my first ever android phone. But I rarely use it.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Try FF4 beta 3. It is much faster than 3.

These are always a must;
    Adblock Plus
    Adblock Plus element hiding helper
    Flashblock
    Scriptblock