Spiders!

IrukanjiIrukanji Acolyte
edited August 2010 in Life
Well I'm sure SHARP will be here soon, so I will start by posting a pic of my resident spider at the moment.

168g94i.jpg

It's been quiet a while since the one or 2 big resident Huntsman Spiders were seen, and now there is this little guy, maybe 6 months old, he was just chilling in the toilet near the roof where it is warm(it's winter). Smart critter that he is, or she.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Well, it's nice to see people actually care about Spiders. If that spider was in my house. It would have been killed along ago. Stay stong little buddy, stay stong.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I respect spiders for what they do because they kill off other bug's. But those things scare the living shit out of me even that picture in this thread caused fright. I once wouldn't even open my back door because a rather large spider had a web there. I dont even think the threat of death could scare me more. Its completly irrational and odd but it's how it is.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I think its weird how most people that are scared of spiders aren't scared of the spider biting them, but they're scared of the spider crawling on them. I keep tarantulas and I've had them run up my arm and stuff before but it never really bothered me. Now if it was a spider that could give me a nasty bite and/or giving me a threat pose.. I get a little nervous.:(
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I think its weird how most people that are scared of spiders aren't scared of the spider biting them, but they're scared of the spider crawling on them. I keep tarantulas and I've had them run up my arm and stuff before but it never really bothered me. Now if it was a spider that could give me a nasty bite and/or giving me a threat pose.. I get a little nervous.:(

Thats how I am its fucked up I know. I honestly see the tarantula as scarier than a black widow due to the hair and size factor lol. There ok if there confined though.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I think size is a big factor in scariness.
    Also, I know that I won't die if one of my tarantulas bite me. I don't handle them because I'm more worried about their safety if one were to bite me. I'm pretty sure my first reaction would be to try and fling it off, thus injuring or killing my spider. :(