In trouble with the 5-0?

TLVTLV Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
GET A FUCKING ATTORNEY. We can all give you advice but the most important thing is to get a lawyer, the best one you can afford. A good lawyer goes a long way.

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    No shit. Public defenders suck. When I was in juvenile for assault on an officer the public defender they assigned me was recommending that they keep me until trial, it was as if she was against me. I got a real lawyer just in teime and he got me out that day.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Exactly. My point was more of a "If you think you mght need an Attorney, you need an attorney" Don't ask if we think you need one, if you have to ask us then you do.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Truth. Usually the question happens to be the answer in these scenarios.
  • brutusbrutus New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    No shit. Public defenders suck. When I was in juvenile for assault on an officer the public defender they assigned me was recommending that they keep me until trial, it was as if she was against me. I got a real lawyer just in teime and he got me out that day.

The more you seen trials like this, the more it seems that the public defenders are only there because of a legal obligation. They know they're not getting reimbursed shit, so they don't care about you at all. The only way to have any shot in court is to hire your own attorney.
  • st3vest3ve Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Better call saul!
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    My lawyer is a baller. When I was 17 I got charged with underage consumption, drug paraphernalia, and underage possession of tobacco. My lawyer worked some magic and took a plea bargain, and I only got charged for the cigarettes. Bwahaha take that Mr. Po-lice man!

Another time I was charged with leaving the scene of an accident (felony), improper backing, and something else I forgot, and I only ended up getting charged with improper backing, a mere moving violating.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    "I will not answer questions about that hooker corpse until I speak to my attorney, officer."
  • DeadHamDeadHam Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I got a public defender for my Drug Paraphernalia charge, he was chill as shit. He used to do similar cases privately, but the economy had forced him to take up Public Defending, so he claimed. He basically handled all my paperwork and got me into some diversion program, and for only $25!.

Best part is, now I see him when Im buying beer all the time,
    "Wassup, Mr so&so!"
    "Hey, Deadham! Staying outta trouble?"
    "You bet!" [buying two cases of cheap beer]
    "That's good" [buys 6pack of Bud pounders]

hilarity.

seriously though, if you get in any real trouble (more than an underage drinking thing, minor possession, paraphernalia, etc), get a fucking lawyer.
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited July 2010
    Psynthetic wrote: »
    underage possession of tobacco

must have been a slow day :eek:
  • Oink The PigOink The Pig Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    DeadHam wrote: »
    I got a public defender for my Drug Paraphernalia charge, he was chill as shit. He used to do similar cases privately, but the economy had forced him to take up Public Defending, so he claimed. He basically handled all my paperwork and got me into some diversion program, and for only $25!.

Best part is, now I see him when Im buying beer all the time,
    "Wassup, Mr so&so!"
    "Hey, Deadham! Staying outta trouble?"
    "You bet!" [buying two cases of cheap beer]
    "That's good" [buys 6pack of Bud pounders]

hilarity.

seriously though, if you get in any real trouble (more than an underage drinking thing, minor possession, paraphernalia, etc), get a fucking lawyer.

you are fucking crazy if you dont get a lawyer for any legal trouble whatsoever even if it is something minor

i realize some of you are broke as fuck but id rather go in debt with a record as clean as possible than otherwise
  • i<3Shroomsi<3Shrooms Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    you are fucking crazy if you dont get a lawyer for any legal trouble whatsoever even if it is something minor

i realize some of you are broke as fuck but id rather go in debt with a record as clean as possible than otherwise
    Aint gonna matter for much longer anyways....live it up while you can. ;)
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited October 2010

What about getting charged with a DUI? Say you get charged with a DUI and your drunk/dumb enough to blow the breathalyzer wouldn't you pretty much be fucked no matter what after that??
  • edited October 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    What about getting charged with a DUI? Say you get charged with a DUI and your drunk/dumb enough to blow the breathalyzer wouldn't you pretty much be fucked no matter what after that??

If there's a way out a lawyer will find it. Don't worry about paying for the lawyer, take out a loan, it's a goddamn investment in your future as much as paying for schooling. Try getting a good job with a few felonies on your record
    you can't.