Seo

zerozerozerozero Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
I haven't really read through all of the suggestions in this forum (my laptop sucks and the forum scrolls/loads very slowly for me,) but Zok brought up a very good point in one of his posts on Zoklet regarding this forum;
I rarely find myself agreeing with ox, but I really do in this case. I've seen it happen several times. Way back in the day Nox and Messerschmidt started a forum LIA (lifeisannoying) as an alternative to totse. It was awesome for a solid month, then people slowly stopped visiting and nobody new came. Before it's death, people were posting threads once every MONTH.

Part of what made totse so awesome was how many people it had. There were always new members coming and old members returning. Most of these totse-clones only have a few hundred members at most. They have no SEO to bring in new members, and they don't hold new members very well because it's seen as a "developing community."

I think the admin should look into getting an SEO system set up. I know VBul has an entire system you can add on. It's expensive, however, it's not too difficult to get a free version, if you know what I'm saying.

Zoklet did try to do it, but Zok was stupid and left all the gay bullshit in like twitter and digg related shit, which pissed everyone off. I'm 100% sure all that be gotten rid of with the right editing of php/template files.

I think it would really help to actually increase traffic here, and actually give this place a chance at development and standing on it's own legs. I'm sure the Totse articles will help too, but going the extra mile to get forum-specific hits on google and such will help even more. The main reason, I believe, for setting up SEO would be so that random keywords found on the forum would show up on google.

I know I'm not that popular here and all, but I WOULD like to see this place actually develop, as I enjoy browsing/learning, and Totse is a great and very unique community.

Sorry if this has already been suggested.