How old is old?

AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Most people have a different perception on age. In sports you are old if you are in your late 30's to early 40's. With the growing life expectancy people are able to stay alive longer. Just like in the 1800's 40 was old.

I believe someone gets "old" around the age of 70-80. It really depends on how in shape the person is, and their health condition.

So how old is "old" for you?

old-people-suck.gif
pic semi related.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    As long as cosmetic surgery works for them, I won't perceive them as old. Take Joan Rivers for example :o
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    As long as cosmetic surgery works for them, I won't perceive them as old. Take Joan Rivers for example :o

Still old, and incredibly annoying.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    i think of old as a dirogitory term. like you have outlived your usefullness and you are now becoming a burden on your loved ones and your tribe.

during bob hopes last perfomance in montreal on the just for laughs stage, he expressed to the people that; he had done all the wrong things you werent supposed to do in life, he smoked big cigars, he drank brandy, he raced fast cars, he ate cheesburgers.but he said he always had something to do, he never stoped participating in his own life. i think your old when you start to throw in the towel, right about the time you quit the race.

shit i can think of some 20 year olds who are old.

this all sounds really chiche and kinda cheesy, like maybe you were just waitin on some touchy feely philisophical asshole to say "age is a state of mind". but i think its true. :). too old is 120.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited September 2010
    Depends. You're not OLD til you're old, you look old, and you act old. The number is only the catalyst. I'd say 60. Once you hit that age, the rest of the equation comes into play. If you're 60, you look 70, and you act like you're 80 then you're fucking OLD. If you're 60, look 60, and act 60 you're old. If you're 60, look 40, and act 20 and have a vagina you're a cougar.

I don't know.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    For most people once they reach 65 imo. Anything after that and your'e old In my book.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    Old is whenever your bones and joints start to feel like shit aka "old". I'm only 26 and I feel as though I'm 40+ body wise. There is an old saying in the military, for ever year in it's 2-3 years civilian. When you just run 40 miles a week every week for years not including the other bullshit you definitely can see how it does make sense. Given the theory it would hold very accurate to how I feel given 5 years would equal 2-3 years (Infantry so probably closer to 3). I don't think looks has shit to do with it. It's your insides dying that matters more than the outside (skin).
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited September 2010
    How old is this universe?
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010

yeah but shes more plastic than a barbie, so it doesnt count
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Life in plastic
    It's fantastic
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited September 2010
    Life in plastic
    It's fantastic

:angry:That song has been dead to me for years.:angry:

......Its caused so many tears.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    ScuD wrote: »
    i think of old as a dirogitory term. like you have outlived your usefullness and you are now becoming a burden on your loved ones and your tribe.

*cough* logan's run.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    When you're no longer new?