Gelling hair back - how?

edited January 2011 in Life
I've always thought it would be badass to look like Gaspard Ulliel (however it's spelt), the guy who played Hannibal Lector in the movie Hannibal Rising. My hair is really thick and it's fucking hard to get it to lie back and flat.

Simmilar? Tips?

22962a68bf.jpg

Comments

• RuptureRupture Regular
    edited September 2010
    Huff raid for starters.
  • edited September 2010
    Use wheatpaste.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Stop showering.
  • edited September 2010
    You might actually be able to use a staple gun to staple it all back to your scalp, which would save hair gel and money.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Just cum on your hands and use that as gel. It's 'super hold'!
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2010
    Hover a rake 1 inch less then your current hight. Run at it full speed = Hair back.

Saves you money on red dye as well.
  • SpookSpook Regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, best bet would be to go with products containing beeswax or even maybe just wax. That should do the trick for your thick hair situation. You should be careful with the wax if you haven't used it before though, since it leaves your hair like dreads when it dries.

After a shower, make sure your hair is damp and then rub the wax on your hands then comb it through. You can add some more if there is too much volume after its dried.
  • Rapdaddy GRapdaddy G Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2010
    When you got an ache, fetch a rake, bake a cake and jump in a lake.

When you get out, you'll have foot gout, spread it in your hair, and it'll be back there!
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited September 2010
    The ancient warriors of Rolf's tribe once used the romance juice of themselves in order for hair spiking, as it is known for it's extra strength... at least the romance juices of Rolf's tribe, states Rolf, of Rolf's tribe.

Alas, it was not always to be, for the dogs of Rome came to knock on the door of Rolf's tribe, Rolf's tribe was obliterated, except for the mightiest of Rolf's tribe, Rolf.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    Rapdaddy G wrote: »
    When you got an ache, fetch a rake, bake a cake and jump in a lake.

When you get out, you'll have foot gout, spread it in your hair, and it'll be back there!

MORE PLEASE :o
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited September 2010
    It looks stupid, try and think of another idea for a hairstyle.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    You've never seen his hair. It'd work for him.
  • edited September 2010
    It's me on the right of the pic ^
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow you look just like your avatar :p

Except not badass looking :o
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited September 2010
    It's me on the right of the pic ^

Are you sure you are not the one on the left?
  • nurballnurball Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    Pomade is a good idea.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited September 2010
    I have wild ass hair and recently got a pompadour cut, wax works well. It's just a bitch to wash out.
    I hear good things about Layrite, though (Water soluble--supposedly holds like wax, washes out like gel...?).

No less than ten minutes before reading this thread, I bought a can of the super-hold variety off ebay for 16$.
    10850_gp_layrite.jpg

Results will be posted in a week or so, if I remember.
  • edited September 2010
    Results will be posted in a week or so, if I remember.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will bump the thread if you don't :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I just wet my hair and let the nature take control. :) But yeah that fails when they dry up.
  • edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I just wet my hair and let the nature take control. :) But yeah that fails when they dry up.

heh, water. I used to put water on my hair when I was a little kid and it somehow always dried up and my hair used to stay put.

Now I have long hair though, and water makes it go awesome and flicky.
    edited September 2010
    All right, this might not be what you're looking for, but if you want to put your hair in a position and leave it there until you wash it again, this is your stuff.
    ice%20spiker.jpg

It's basically hair glue. Water resistant, hair glue. When you open the bottle it smells like glue, feels like glue (very thick), and it holds your hair in place (like glue).

I've used it for years. I've tried Got2B hair glue and it's not nearly as good, although it's far, far cheaper. Pretty much all other hair products I've tried suck compared to this stuff. However, it is expensive.

If you want your hair to go into a certain position and stay there, then wash your hair, leave it a little wet, put it into whatever form you want, and then add this stuff. Voila. Your hair is now going to stay that way until you shampoo it.
  • edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    All right, this might not be what you're looking for, but if you want to put your hair in a position and leave it there until you wash it again, this is your stuff.
    ice%20spiker.jpg

It's basically hair glue. Water resistant, hair glue. When you open the bottle it smells like glue, feels like glue (very thick), and it holds your hair in place (like glue).

I've used it for years. I've tried Got2B hair glue and it's not nearly as good, although it's far, far cheaper. Pretty much all other hair products I've tried suck compared to this stuff. However, it is expensive.

If you want your hair to go into a certain position and stay there, then wash your hair, leave it a little wet, put it into whatever form you want, and then add this stuff. Voila. Your hair is now going to stay that way until you shampoo it.

I think that might just be the solution :cool:
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited January 2011
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited January 2011
    My hair is really thick and it's fucking hard to get it to lie back and flat.
    nurball wrote: »
    524-murrays-superior-big.jpg

My hair is rather thick as well, Murray's is the only product that has really worked for me.

Gel?

Hair glue?

Go with pomade
    Don't be a bitch.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited January 2011
    10850_gp_layrite.jpg

This stuff wasn't worth the money. I've only been able to bring myself to using it twice, and both times were rather disappointing.
    You know that weird slightly sticky feeling you get on your hands when you've touched water-based sex-lube? It's like slicking your hair back with that shit, and it gets crusty if you don't wash it out within a day.
    I'd rather use greasy products that are difficult to wash out, rather than some thickened KY jelly that is required to be washed out at the end of the day. :thumbsdown:

I just bought some Brylcreem and Murray's. I suspect they'll suit me better.