Tool

PigPig Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Tool's a love/hate thing around where I live. So what do you guys think of them?

I, personally, love their musical style. You could definitely argue that it's repetitive, because every song's in Drop D and follows pretty similar song structures, but they deliver real well even for their redundancy. Lateralus is just a work of art.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm a big fan. There one of the few unique bands to come out in recent times. There kind of an acquired taste for some people.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    - big TOOL fan signing in. Although I've always known about the band, until I found myself chasing Alex Grey art to anything psychedelic I never had bothered to listen to them and I'm sort of glad it played out like that.
    tool_1000days_cover.jpg
  • Zaphod BeeblebroxZaphod Beeblebrox Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2010
    yeah, tools a love/hate band around here aswell. i love the band. didn't start listening to them until a friend of mine showed me them earlier this year. their drummer is amazing

• PsychonauticalPsychonautical Acolyte
    edited October 2010
    Tool makes my dick hard.

APC is excellent as well.
  • stresstres Regular
    edited October 2010
    APC is excellent as well.

perfect circle? y/y/y/y/y! !!
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2010
    I like both Tool and APC. I think Manyard has a lot of talent and agree that Lateralus was brilliant! I'm going to be a little sad when they finish their last tours. Parabola is mathematically perfect and uses vibrations which supposedly help to open your chakras. The video has several references to chakra and the kundalini and whatnot.

• blinky04blinky04 Semo-Regulars
    edited October 2010
    No matter how much I listen to tool, I'll never get sick of them.