One of my many jobs

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited December 2010 in Man Cave
I was working on this for someone. (I haven't worked on it for a while because he ran out of money. :angry: Fortunately I can start on it again.:))
I'm only doing the engineering and refused to do the mechanical. (Had enough of that shit.:o)

Make:
Nissan Skyline R34

What it will be:
Dirt track saloon

Engineering so far:
roll cage, radiator mounting, tank mounting, radiator plumbing, head plates, side intrusion plates, isolate the tank from the cabin area (I'll add to the list as I progress)

More Pix

My Tag.:rolleyes:
fc0bb.jpg

Original tank replaced with this little stainless MoFo
vTfnX.jpg

The 2 centre pipes are the radiator and the outer are the side intrusion bars
FNsMz.jpg

Radiator relocated to the rear.
BxBKk.jpg

Comments

• muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited October 2010
    looks pretty neat OP, are there any sanctioning bodys that have to approve the car before running it?
  • edited October 2010
    Blow, hand, and rim?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    looks pretty neat OP, are there any sanctioning bodys that have to approve the car before running it?
    Ya! Each individual track around the country has it's set criteria, but they are basically the same.It needs to go through the scrutineering before reaching the track. I basically get given their safety standards and follow it through. It's a cool job because I get to do it the way I want but abiding by their paper work.
    Some tracks don't allow turbo streetstocks or boxer engines this track does. So the rules very dependant on the track.:cool:
    spazz wrote: »
    keep us updated. we used to have a dirttrack in my town, Had a few people doing superstock class. I dont have any pics I lost them all

I loved racing, we had a 67' chevelle with a 350 and 3 speed trans #73T :thumbsup:

questions?
    what do you think it weighs?
    HP?
    suspension pics plz:p
    "Streetstock" is basically boring old standard. Besides the interior gutted and fitted with the cage I'm uncertain what the weight is until we throw it on the scales. A car I worked on from another track (mechanical) weighed in at 3.1ton He ran it for 2 seasons until they got suspicious and weighed him. He was taking out max damage to other clubs cars and a minimum to his own. It turned out he had reinforced the panels behind the intrusion plates with thicker gauge plate. They pulled it off the track & told him to try again. :D
    That car was a "Valiant Charger" It normally weighs in @ 1.7 factory. He purposely built it to take out the opposition. Now he runs a much lighter 280Z. reckons now he can flip them with the Zs angled nose. {track asshole)
    The 2.0L is getting pulled when complete and a 2.5 turbo installed. Once again not sure of the HP because I'm only covering the engineering.
    A 67 Chevelle.:fap:
    I've never done major work on Super saloons. Small jobs here & there. Unfortunately my boner kept getting in the way. :o
    edited October 2010
    also, you need a cooler steering wheel
    You cant neglect the steering wheel ;)
    lol That's not my department but I will suggest to the owner to change it. Or at least put a red button on it with the words NoS under it.:D
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited October 2010
    whats the thickness of that tubing your running the coolant through? also is it common to run em along the sides?
    edited October 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    whats the thickness of that tubing your running the coolant through? also is it common to run em along the sides?
    It's just exhaust tubing but a slightly heavier gauge. Corrosion is pretty much restricted due to use of anti-freeze. Without the anti-freeze it's life is extremely short.:(
    Sorry brah...em?:o I say bonnet you say hood. :p
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited October 2010
    ...coolant...
    219018651_f1c307f7da.jpg?v=0
    edited October 2010
    How much does all that tubing increase coolant volume/cooling power?

CPR415148.jpg
    Coolant volume: Till the radiator can take no more coolant. :rolleyes:
    Radiator is a 6 core with commodore vn tanks & a decent sized electric fan keep it reasonably cool bro. He kinda patterned it on his R33 2.5 turbo he races.
    edited December 2010
    I'm working on an R32 coupe at the moment because the owner of the red R34 ran short on money. (again :mad:)

It was already built for another track, so I've had to bring it up to spec for it's home track (no biggy) Unfortunately they keep crunching up the LH rear 1/4 6 times on the track since they've owned it 5 times taken out in the same place. I've repaired it 3 times already. :angry: I realise it's more money in my pocket, but still. I hate working on the same panel. :(