Tramadol(Ultracet)...Your thoughts?

LaceDwithDelightLaceDwithDelight Semo-Regulars
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
I'll start off by saying I love tramadol (ultracet).
For those who don't know about it, its a semi opioid only binding to the mu receptor iirc.
For those, like me, who get a very speedy high off of it; it also acts as an anti-depressent to an extent giving an even more 'happy high'.
Personally I'd pick it over many other opioids including OC's.
Anyone else have an opionion on this drug?

[First post since totse was no longer, GLAD IT'S BACK!]

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    its pretty good. i used 2 snort id say 6 of um and go 2 school. they made me happy and kinda floaty feeling. they are not that bad. except the fact that if you use them 2 excess then they can cause seizures. i prefer Deladin now
  • LaceDwithDelightLaceDwithDelight Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    Deladin?
    Do you mean dilaudid (hydromorphon)?
    And if you do then well of course dude thats a very strong opioid.
    However though, unless you bang I'd still choose Trammys over dillies the oral bioavailability of those is like 10 percent, snorting maybe bumps it up to 15.
    Making them pretty much useless, and dillies have a short half life. Thats why I love trammies, those things last bout 8 hours.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Eh personal preference i gues. and ya i meant hydromorphone. i love opium and barbs. but the only reason i did tramidol so much is because its redily available in alot of places. also its cheap as hell.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I've been on it for 5 years and if anything it makes me fucking miserable. Being off it releases the pent-up seretonin.
    edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I've been on it for 5 years and if anything it makes me fucking miserable. Being off it releases the pent-up seretonin.

I took it once for about a week straight about 500-600mgs throughout the day I see what you mean, by the end of the week it wasn't enjoyable at all.
    However, sparingly and for recreation that's a different story.
  • Bob_DoleBob_Dole Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    I would watch out with Ultram. Tramadol in high doses has been known to cause seizures. I've only really taken tramadol when I was dope sick and I only stuck to around 200 mg.

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/TramSerious.htm
  • Tenage wastelandTenage wasteland New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    Hahahah! ultracets aka "ultras" suck balls. I used to take 4-5 at a time (with no acet.) and just get a light buzz. I think they are synthetic opioids designed for giving to suspected opiate abusers. in other words they block alot of pain but are designed to only give a small buzz even when you take alot.

i <3 erowid.
  • 80mg Oxycontin80mg Oxycontin Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    I fucking love tramadol, it's my favourite drug. I feel sorry for people who don't get as high as i do from it. I usually take 1g and it keeps me high for almost 2 days. It makes me so happy while im awake and then when i sleep i have the best dreams. I've never had seizures or anything bad happen on it.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sensitized to opiates due to old habits, so maybe a couple of tramadols would be fun. Hell I feel a buzz from 32mg codeine (T3), the only problem is my liver is huge, no really, I'm a total lush, and it processes dope so damn fast I barely have time to enjoy it before the fade starts.
    Is there a name for tramadol in Canada, because it sounds mighty familiar, but I can't place it.
  • edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »

So, you did a little research, good on ya'! I'm quitting smoking, which means I have to quit booze for a while too, and the serotonin imbalance combined with decreased gaba receptors is really making me twitchy as fuck, with weird morning nightmares to boot. Fortunately I am fried as fuck on 2cb and MDMA right now. Surprisingly the nicotine gum is doing it's thing, and I only need a piece every two hours or so to stop me from climbing a water tower and thinning out the excess population.
    C/O
    "adapt or die"
    edited January 2011
    Hahahah! ultracets aka "ultras" suck balls. I used to take 4-5 at a time (with no acet.) and just get a light buzz. I think they are synthetic opioids designed for giving to suspected opiate abusers. in other words they block alot of pain but are designed to only give a small buzz even when you take alot.

i <3 erowid.

I get kidney stones, and I ask for tramadol once it passes and they send me home...Instead of 8-12 5 maybe 7.5mg hydros I'll get 15-20 trammys and be able to get stoned as balls for days, instead of one dose of hydros... Kinda like said below...Trammies dont do shit for some people, others like me get high as fuck.
    You either love em or hate em. No real middle ground.

I fucking love tramadol, it's my favourite drug. I feel sorry for people who don't get as high as i do from it. I usually take 1g and it keeps me high for almost 2 days. It makes me so happy while im awake and then when i sleep i have the best dreams. I've never had seizures or anything bad happen on it.

Exactly!
    I get so happy and the dreams/nod is amazing <3
    I would be careful with 1 gram doses with the risk of seizures, but it depends on your body. I don't get seizures, though if you were to take 1g for a week straight then you'd be playing with the risk of having one.

I'm pretty sensitized to opiates due to old habits, so maybe a couple of tramadols would be fun. Hell I feel a buzz from 32mg codeine (T3), the only problem is my liver is huge, no really, I'm a total lush, and it processes dope so damn fast I barely have time to enjoy it before the fade starts.
    Is there a name for tramadol in Canada, because it sounds mighty familiar, but I can't place it.

This is what I found...
    Ralivia, Tramacet, Tridural, Zytram.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I hate! tramadol. Once I took 5 50mg pills and an hour or so later I felt pretty good like weeee then it went away so I took 5 more then man I was wasted and I ended up taking more through the night but the number of how many will ever be known... So day turned to night and I was getting tired but afraid to go to sleep for being so fucked up for the fear that I wouldn't wake up so I waited a while until I was satisfied that most of the effects wore off and I ended up getting a really bad headache.. So I went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning I had an even worse headache.. I stepped out of bed and not more then 2 steps I was racing for the toilet to vomit and it was the most violent disgusting vomiting I ever had and not only that it was all stomach acid that burned the shit out of my throat. So that lasted for a few hours not to mention the WORST and I mean the FUCKING WORST headache I ever had in my life, I seriously thought there might be a chance that I'm going to die right here on my bed.. But after a lot more sleep I started feeling normal again and swore to never take that shit again and I never did
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I like tramadol just fine. Too bad they cause unbearable nausea for me, they're great for potentiating opiates.
  • SplamSplam Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Gave me bad nausea. Only thing I use them for is bad headaches because acetaminophen is nearer a placebo.
  • DNA4everDNA4ever Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    everybody's always been pretty different on how they like Tramadol.

In my case, fuck xanax, fuck weed... Tramadol & hydrocodone are the only things that *really* get me through when I'm wanting an OC and can't have it. :D
  • DNA4everDNA4ever Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    ...it will give you a serious tummyache though. Ick.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Goddamn Crohn's disease...picked these up today for free. Cheers, Doc! :(

img01766201101112103.jpg
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    I'll start off by saying I love tramadol (ultracet).
    For those who don't know about it, its a semi opioid only binding to the mu receptor iirc.
    For those, like me, who get a very speedy high off of it; it also acts as an anti-depressent to an extent giving an even more 'happy high'.
    Personally I'd pick it over many other opioids including OC's.
    Anyone else have an opionion on this drug?

[First post since totse was no longer, GLAD IT'S BACK!]

Glad to see old users back.

Tramadol possesses weak agonist actions at the μ-opioid receptor, releases serotonin. It also inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine causing the long half life.

I persoanlly do not like it for this reasons, it being an opioid-agonist. If you have taken other opioids it can greatly lessen their effects or block them entirely.

Users without a high opiate tolerence or no history of opioid use may like this drug. But users with an opiate addiction are going to be rather mad when they take it then suffer withdrawl symtoms. That is unless they are already in WD then they may feel better.
  • titstypedthistitstypedthis Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    once i ate 200mg as a kid in highschool, i wuz hai all dai

then i ate 300mg with alot of booze and i nearly stopped breathing, vomit all over shizzle even a cow:o