DAMN, I have no idea how to file for tax return!

DNA4everDNA4ever Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
:hai:

Totse you should make yourself useful for once 'cause I actually can't find a simple answer to this on google. It's not like you guys are talking about anything important or funny anyway.

(Unacceptable answers include but are not limited to:
"Tits or GTFO"
"Google, dumbass"
"STFU fag"
or any of the above just because you think that'll be clever and original; it isn't.)

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    First you know the rules so tits or GTFO also try google dumbass:facepalm: now fuck off and stfu fag.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dude, I don't think anybody knows how to "properly" file their tax returns without fucking up and leaving yourself exploitable to the IRS. I just make shit up, I figure fuck it someday they are going to come at me whether I spend a minute filing or an entire month prepping.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    STFU Acolyte
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited January 2011
    u mad bro?

edit: good luck b/c i dont think anyone here will give you good advice
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    In the spirit of this thread and to build on what duude has accomplished:

acolytes.png
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yoda wrote: »
    Your tax, collected by the Sith to be used for their designs to dominate your planet, will be. Wise to pay them what they claim is owed for now, is it. Yes, hmmm.

Constructed the alliances necessary to free your planet from their dark hand, there attention should be avoided until the Jedi order has. Yeesssssss.

So more is not given than need be this time, wise it would be to wield this Ancient artifact of the Jedi temple. To you this ancient Jedi tool I give. Yeesssssss. To deny the Sith anything you can use it. Cloak you from their dark eyes, it will.

This is going to get old, really quickly. :o
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    This is going to get old, really quickly. :o

It's no worse than that faggot Rolf:o
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    DNA4ever wrote: »
    :hai:

Totse you should make yourself useful for once 'cause I actually can't find a simple answer to this on google. It's not like you guys are talking about anything important or funny anyway.

(Unacceptable answers include but are not limited to:
    "Tits or GTFO"
    "Google, dumbass"
    "STFU fag"
    or any of the above just because you think that'll be clever and original; it isn't.)
    Do you live in the US?

www.turbotax.com

Honestly what I do is get the current year's tax booklet for my state as well as the federal one from a grocery store or the public library. You need all the W2 forms from your jobs. If you only work one job, it'll be easy. You only need the one W2. If you earn interest on bank accounts your bank will send you a 1099NT form you'll need to include.

Most likely you'll file a 1040EZ unless you need to itemize deductions. Since you're on totse I doubt you need to do that.

What to do:
    Get the forms I just told you to get.
    Fill out the 1040EZ. This is your federal return. It should take you about 5 minutes or less.

Federal return

You need to figure out how much money you owe. The tax booklet has a table. It tells you where to look. You may get money back or you may owe money. Follow what the 1040EZ form says to do and you'll figure it all out.

You can either mail it in or go online and find a site (like turbotax) that will let you do a FREE federal filing. Don't pay for it. Since you've already filled out a paper form and double checked everything, enter that info online. Check it for accuracy. Submit. You just finished your federal income tax return.

State return

You need to file your federal return before your state return. Use the state tax booklet for the current year. You're going to do the same thing you did for the 1040EZ. You fill out a form, look up how much tax you owe based on your income level (there's a table in the booklet), and then you can either mail the completed form or go online and submit it through whatever site your state uses.

Advice

You don't need to pay for a tax service because it's easy to do on your own. You should start early rather than later. Once you get your W2 or W2s, you should start getting ready and get it over with. I suggest doing direct deposit for your refund. It's faster.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    Actually, quite a few of us are tax attorneys and know how to file for a tax return, just check The Marketing Forum.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=65&order=desc

http://www.totse.info/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=65&order=desc&page=2

Feel free to contact any of those users.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's no worse than that faggot Rolf:o

Yoda is Rolf, double fail.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Yoda is Rolf, double fail.

:facepalm:

I think I actually like Rolf better.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited January 2011
    Gov + $ = convoluted bullshit - - Luck is all you have.
  • DNA4everDNA4ever Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Do you live in the US?

www.turbotax.com

Honestly what I do is get the current year's tax booklet for my state as well as the federal one from a grocery store or the public library. You need all the W2 forms from your jobs. If you only work one job, it'll be easy. You only need the one W2. If you earn interest on bank accounts your bank will send you a 1099NT form you'll need to include.

Most likely you'll file a 1040EZ unless you need to itemize deductions. Since you're on totse I doubt you need to do that.

What to do:
    Get the forms I just told you to get.
    Fill out the 1040EZ. This is your federal return. It should take you about 5 minutes or less.

Federal return

You need to figure out how much money you owe. The tax booklet has a table. It tells you where to look. You may get money back or you may owe money. Follow what the 1040EZ form says to do and you'll figure it all out.

You can either mail it in or go online and find a site (like turbotax) that will let you do a FREE federal filing. Don't pay for it. Since you've already filled out a paper form and double checked everything, enter that info online. Check it for accuracy. Submit. You just finished your federal income tax return.

State return

You need to file your federal return before your state return. Use the state tax booklet for the current year. You're going to do the same thing you did for the 1040EZ. You fill out a form, look up how much tax you owe based on your income level (there's a table in the booklet), and then you can either mail the completed form or go online and submit it through whatever site your state uses.

Advice

You don't need to pay for a tax service because it's easy to do on your own. You should start early rather than later. Once you get your W2 or W2s, you should start getting ready and get it over with. I suggest doing direct deposit for your refund. It's faster.

You're a badass. :thumbsup:
  • DNA4everDNA4ever Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    First you know the rules so tits or GTFO also try google dumbass:facepalm: now fuck off and stfu fag.

Clev-ERRRRRR! :eek:
  • electric wizardelectric wizard Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    You fill in the amounts on your W-2 (federal, state income tax, wages and tips, etc), do some basic fourth grade addition and subtraction, and then write the total...