Just got Battlefield Bad Company 2

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Picked it up at Bestbuy for $20.

All I gotta say is that the game is fucking underrated as hell.

The campaign so far is beautiful. The MP gui is a bit odd but I'll get the hang of it.

Anyone else have it for the PC?

Comments

• SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited January 2011
    $20?!? How is it that cheap? I was thinking of buying it over the cheap holiday sales, but it never got under 50. Lame.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Damn. Seriously?

I asked some worker how much it was and he estimated it 40 to 50. I then took it to the cashier who charged me $21 with some cents.

Pick it up man!!!
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited January 2011
    be sure to pick up vietnam once youve got the hang of bc2. its a great expansion and for 15 bucks its worth it. i have put a ton of time into both games and the multiplayer is way better than cod.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    Bad Company 2 is not a bad game states Rolf...

... for a console game, continues Rolf. It is nowhere near as good as Battlefield 2 though, for that would be Rolf's #2 in shooter games, states Rolf.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    I got it for $7 on steam. FUCK YOU!
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Hellish wrote: »
    I got it for $7 on steam. FUCK YOU!

Fuck you for having a better computer than me:o Mine dosnt even have pixel shader 1.1 I cant play shit on this thing:facepalm:
  • edited January 2011
    I have a copy, but not a legit version :( I can't play online, but the Single Player is fantastic. Possibly the best game I've played in a long time.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dam trx, its cheap during steam sales...
  • edited January 2011
    Hellish wrote: »
    Dam trx, its cheap during steam sales...

Yeah I know, I just can't be bothered to buy the game any more. It's been too long - I don't wish to buy a game with such an awesome Single Player mode, just to play the multiplayer mode on it.
    edited January 2011
    Nvm, I hate this piece of shit.

MP is too fucking hard and all I do in-game is rage.

WDF. Does everyone hack in BC2? Evevryone superbullets me and chams so hard. Fuck it.
  • edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Nvm, I hate this piece of shit.

MP is too fucking hard and all I do in-game is rage.

WDF. Does everyone hack in BC2? Evevryone superbullets me and chams so hard. Fuck it.

Aren't there any secure servers to connect to? I know that games like TF2 and HL2 have VAC secured servers which are very hard to cheat on.

Is there any equivalent for BC2?
    edited January 2011
    I was playing on Punkbuster servers and everyone is fucking hacking. It's worse than Combat Arms.
  • edited January 2011
    I was playing on Punkbuster servers and everyone is fucking hacking. It's worse than Combat Arms.

PC, lol

It's an awesome game when everyone plays properly, though.
    edited January 2011
    NO! It's horrible. AEGHHHHHHH I just played it again and went 10-13.

WDF. I'm so pro in other FPS'.
  • edited January 2011
    NO! It's horrible. AEGHHHHHHH I just played it again and went 10-13.

WDF. I'm so pro in other FPS'.

Is everyone cheating?

Anyway, what did you play before this?
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    Is everyone cheating?

Anyway, what did you play before this?

Call of Duty or Halo :facepalm:'s Rolf.
  • edited January 2011
    Perhaps it takes a lot of practice to get good at it. I hate when people cheat in online games though, where's the fucking fun in that!
  • edited January 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Call of Duty or Halo :facepalm:'s Rolf.

Rolf is a funny motherfucker.
    edited January 2011
    I used to play Combat Arms, Alliance of Valiant Arms, and MW2 before getting BFBC2.

Even in legit servers, the gameplay is unbearable. I'm not used to realistic FPS'. Not even MW2 tops this game in realism. The RPG7's recoil is WDF.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    Not even MW2 tops this game in realism.
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    edited January 2011
    WHAT.

Have you even played multiplayer?
    edited January 2011

What the fuck are you talking about? BF2 is superior to MW2 in every way. Especially the multiplayer.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    WHAT.

Have you even played multiplayer?

Rolf was merely pointing out that Star Wars beats MW2 in realism, so the statement of thou is stupid. As for BC2, yes, Rolf has played multiplayer, quite a bit actually, it's ok Rolf supposes, it's too much like Call of Duty for fans of the older Battlefield games, states Rolf.
    edited January 2011
    Rolf was merely pointing out that Star Wars beats MW2 in realism, so the statement of thou is stupid. As for BC2, yes, Rolf has played multiplayer, quite a bit actually, it's ok Rolf supposes, it's too much like Call of Duty for fans of the older Battlefield games, states Rolf.

How in the hell is star wars realistic you idiot?:facepalm:
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    How in the hell is star wars realistic you idiot?:facepalm:

It's not, which is exactly the point Rolf is trying to make, :facepalm:'s Rolf.
  • edited January 2011
    It's not, which is exactly the point Rolf is trying to make, :facepalm:'s Rolf.

herp derp
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Why is Star Wars not realistic? It happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    I used to play Combat Arms, Alliance of Valiant Arms, and MW2 before getting BFBC2.

Even in legit servers, the gameplay is unbearable. I'm not used to realistic FPS'. Not even MW2 tops this game in realism. The RPG7's recoil is WDF.

I know this thread is old but are you serious? BC2 isn't realistic at all. You knife doors and they fucking explode for chrissakes. It's best taken as an arcadey shooter because that's what it is.

Just because you suck doesn't mean the gameplay does. It's great fun once you get the hang of it.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    BC2 is awesome. I have it and the vietnam expansion.

If you go in thinking you can play it like COD, you will be sorely disappointed however. Run and gun solo style just doesn't work. Which I'm glad for. It's really satisfying when you get a squad/team that actually works together. The worst is when a good portion of your team are snipers and are like OMFG Y R WE LOSING? Derp.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    BC2 isn't realistic at all. It's best taken as an arcadey shooter because that's what it is.

This, states Rolf, it's a fun game to play every couple of weeks and is a decent arcade shooter, it's definitely nowhere as poor as the Call of Duty series, but Bad Company 1 and 2 are anything but realistic, states Rolf.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    This, states Rolf, it's a fun game to play every couple of weeks and is a decent arcade shooter, it's definitely nowhere as poor as the Call of Duty series, but Bad Company 1 and 2 are anything but realistic, states Rolf.

Agreed. But just like ArmA, simulators are almost as boring as the real thing. If you made it as realistic as possible, it would be total :facepalm:. BS work, digging foxholes, driving around, walking for fucking miiiiillllesss. Yadda yadda, no one wants to play real life. That's why they are video games, and there aren't games like "Get a job at mcdonalds and work as a fry cook for 3 years before you go to college and get a real job."
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    BS work, digging foxholes, driving around, walking for fucking miiiiillllesss.

Thou forgot being the one ordered to make a pit latrine because thou answered the "does anyone have a motorcycle license?" honestly, states Rolf. Not to mention the masturbation and having to follow the orders of an inexperienced idiotic 2nd Lt, continues Rolf.

Either way, Rolf agrees with the wisdom of thou, possibly why so called "simulators" remove most if not all the "non-combat" part of the simulation, Rolf has yet to see a simulator which makes thou iron the uniform of thou or clean the mud off the vehicle of thou's tyres, states Rolf.

The main issue Rolf has with this thread is the overused word of "realistic", because most of the games mentioned in this thread have been very low on the scale of realism, what said masses mean is probably "immersion", not "realism", USE THE RIGHT WORD OR THOU SHALT BE FED TO THE CAMELS OF THE KHANZADA, screams Rolf.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll take blatantly unrealistic and entertaining gameplay over ultra hardcore realism any day. Real war sucks; I just want to blow shit up, which BC2 excels at.

I do wish that it wasn't so consolized, and that pubs were less completely infuriating. "Hey guys we're attackers let's sit on the other side of the map and snipe all day while our tickets slowly dwindle hurrrr"