"Alien" Project

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Alien Prequel is Scrapped For Something More Original
noomi_rapace-300x200.jpg
Those holding their breath for the Alien prequel to go away, or to pass over without doing much damage to the franchise can breathe easy now. They may even want to use that fresh influx of oxygen to cheer.

Deadline Bisbee is reporting that from the bones and ashes of the Alien prequel comes Prometheus, rising like a phoenix who invented fire. Mixed metaphors aside, the universe of Alien is expanding and opening its arms for an original story with original characters.

Noomi Rapace is on board to play a scientist named Elizabeth Shaw, and the second major role of Vickers is being battled over by Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie.
Fucking people keep changing there minds. :mad:

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Sounds pretty cool. I love the Alien series accept for number 3 which sucked imo.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I wasn't sure about this until I saw that Ridley Scott will be directing. I'm glad it's not James Cameron.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited January 2011
    Can't wait to see what they come up with in the prequel. I'm a huge franchise fan.
    Alien Prequel Not Called “Paradise”; Casting Reports False; Will Only Be One Movie
    Yesterday, it looked as if we were getting a huge amount of info on Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel. Vulture reported that the film was called “Paradise”, and that Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) and Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) were being offered roles. But last night, Chris Petrikin, 20th Century Fox’s Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications, took to the Twitter machine to make some clarifications. He first stated that the title is not “Paradise”. Presumably, “Paradise” could just be an alias for the production. It did seem odd that Fox would make an Alien movie and not put the word “Alien” in the title.

In other clarification news, The Playlist reports that according to a source who’s close to the production, the casting rumors regarding Fassbender and Yeoh are “just plain wrong.” Hit the jump for more rumor control on the Alien prequel.
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni6064566/

This was posted 1 day after the article the OP is quoting
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited January 2011
    Well despite the misinformation that I was really excited about because I personally feel that two part movies are better than cramming the story into one I'm still very excited about this. Thanks for the info. its the first I've heard of it.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it too. I hope it has the best qualities of all the movies, except 3. The only good scene in that movie is when the dude puts on his goggles when about to rape Ripley.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011