NFL Playoffs

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I lost 20 bucks on the Ravens loss. :mad: Ill bet double next week against the steelers to get it back + more. I pick atlanta over the packers, pats over jets, and bears over seacawks.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm surprised that so many people thought Baltimore would win. Their receivers are just too slow to be effective against Pittsburgh's defense. All of the other home teams are probably going to win this weekend as well.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm surprised that so many people thought Baltimore would win. Their receivers are just too slow to be effective against Pittsburgh's defense. All of the other home teams are probably going to win this weekend as well.
    Baltimore plays hard and they almost pulled it off. Rice's fumble cost them the game when it comes down to it. They still could've won it if houshmandwhateverthehell didn't drop the damn ball on 4th down smh.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah why do you guys thought the ravens would win? LOL
    edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Baltimore plays hard and they almost pulled it off. Rice's fumble cost them the game when it comes down to it. They still could've won it if houshmandwhateverthehell didn't drop the damn ball on 4th down smh.

Rice fumbled. Flacco fumbled a snap. Boldin dropped a ball in the endzone. As for Housh, the poor guy heard the footsteps lol. Pittsburgh's defense got mad and Flacco got scared.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Green bay just gave up a kickoff for a touchdown. Not a chance in hell they're winning this game on the road like this.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    Rice fumbled. Flacco fumbled a snap. Boldin dropped a ball in the endzone. As for Housh, the poor guy heard the footsteps lol. Pittsburgh's defense got mad and Flacco got scared.

That fumble was the center's fault, bad hike.
    edited January 2011
    That fumble was the center's fault, bad hike.

But the point is that Baltimore as a whole was as fucked up as a football bat in the second half.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    HOCKEY all the way fuck football!
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    HOCKEY all the way fuck football!

I like hockey too (go Flyers!), but this is a thread about football.
    So why don't you either make a thread dedicated to hockey or fuck off?:angry::angry:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I like hockey too (go Flyers!), but this is a thread about football.
    So why don't you either make a thread dedicated to hockey or fuck off?:angry::angry:

how about i say go sabres and fuck the flyers and leave it at that.
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    how about i say go sabres and fuck the flyers and leave it at that.

How about you stop derailing this thread and discuss hockey here
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9732
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    How about you stop derailing this thread and discuss hockey here
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9732

i did. btw go steelers and falcons! YEAYA
    edited January 2011
    Falcons got their asses STOMPED.
    edited January 2011
    And the football world must now endure another week of the Jets talking shit.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    And the football world must now endure another week of the Jets talking shit.

:facepalm: I hate Rex Ryan. Did you see his fat ass running to congratulate Shonn Greene? He could barley even get there lol
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't believe the jets beat the pats! Now I have to root for the jets next week against the steelers ugh.
    edited January 2011
    steelers are gonna pound the jets :facepalm: sorry
    edited January 2011
    Steelers-Packers for Superbowl.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    I lost 20 bucks on the Ravens loss. :mad: Ill bet double next week against the steelers to get it back + more. I pick atlanta over the packers, pats over jets, and bears over seacawks.

Are you betting with friends or with a book? If you are betting with a book see if he takes action on the money line. That is how I make money in the playoffs almost every year.

In case you are not sure what the money line is, or for anyone who is reading and might not know, betting the money line means giving up the point spread and getting odds. For example in the Jets Steelers game Pittsburgh opened at a 3 1/2 point favorite at the Las Vegas Hilton with the money line at -180 +160. So if you bet the money line and take the Steelers all the Steelers have to do is win but for every $18 you bet you only win $10. If you take the Jets on the money line you give up the 3 1/2 points and the Jets must win but for every $10 you bet you win $16.

In the Wild Card round I laid $150 on Green Bay over the Eagles and got them at +185. So when my guy paid me I won $277.50. This week in the Divisional Playoffs I once more picked the Packers to upset and got them at +155 against the Falcons. I set my $150 aside and bet the $227 of the books money back at him and tomorrow I will pick up $352.

I find it pretty easy to pick one strong upset in the most playoff schedules every year and that is where I concentrate my efforts. Now this week I really don't see a strong chance for a dog to upset with the Packers opening as 3 1/3 point favorite over the Bears and the Jets only getting 3 1/2 against the Steelers. But if I was forced to bet a dog on the money line I think the Jets have more of a shot at beating the Pittsburgh than the Bears having of upsetting Green Bay. That being said I am holding back the $352 and betting the original $150 on Green Bay -3 1/2 against the Bears and will just watch the AFC Championship game for fun.

I just think that even though the Jets defense handled Tom Brady and the Pats offense with relative ease that this weeks match up is going to be a defensive battle and Pittsburgh has a clear advantage on Defense. So if you must bet on the this game give up the points and bet the Steelers.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited January 2011
    Green bay just gave up a kickoff for a touchdown. Not a chance in hell they're winning this game on the road like this.

rodergers.jpg
    unstoppable
    edited January 2011
    This is the time of year I hate. The best part of the NFL is here but there are only 3 games left (Pro Bowl is not a real game). Baseball is still 2 months away and Basketball sucks. Of course there is the NHL but the only hockey I like are the farm teams. That is where the good fights are and they don't televise those.
    edited January 2011
    Everyone knows the Steelers are gonna win it all... If they dont they're just in denial
    edited January 2011
    Everyone knows the Steelers are gonna win it all... If they dont they're just in denial

They still have to get past the Jets. Regardless of what you might think the bookmakers see this one as pretty close. The Steelers only opened as a 3 1/2 point favorite and they are playing at home. Move this to a neutral venue and Pittsburgh is only a 1/2 point favorite. Then they have to face the winner of the NFC Championship game. I am not a Steelers fan by any stretch of the imagination but if I were I would be rooting my ass off for Da Bears next week because Green Bay has the potential to open a can of whoop ass on Pittsburgh.
    edited January 2011
    They still have to get past the Jets. Regardless of what you might think the bookmakers see this one as pretty close. The Steelers only opened as a 3 1/2 point favorite and they are playing at home. Move this to a neutral venue and Pittsburgh is only a 1/2 point favorite. Then they have to face the winner of the NFC Championship game. I am not a Steelers fan by any stretch of the imagination but if I were I would be rooting my ass off for Da Bears next week because Green Bay has the potential to open a can of whoop ass on Pittsburgh.

jets are gonna be the biggest problem but after that its smooth sailing
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    JETS PACKERS SUPERBOWL. J-E-T-S jets jets jets
    edited January 2011
    steelers vs packers in the bowl with a steelers victory
    edited January 2011
    OK I got my bets in and I went with Green Bay -3.5 and I gave up the points and took the Jets on the money line at +180

See you suckers after the games.
    edited January 2011
    The Bears' offensive line got smashed. :thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    The Bears' offensive line got smashed. :thumbsup:

Yup, this game proved once again that defense wins championships. Anyhow my Green Bay money is locked but I am not liking the way the Jets look so far.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'n not a jets fan but my hatred of the steelers is making me hope they they dont win this and get another fucking superbowl:mad:
    edited January 2011
    I'n not a jets fan but my hatred of the steelers is making me hope they they dont win this and get another fucking superbowl:mad:

Even if they win tonight they are no match for the Packers defense and their secondary will get shredded by Aaron Rodgers.
    edited January 2011
    Even if they win tonight they are no match for the Packers defense and their secondary will get shredded by Aaron Rodgers.

Steelers defense is better than Packers defense by far.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    Steelers all teh way.

I think Steelers or Jets would beat Green Bay.
    edited January 2011
    Steelers defense is better than Packers defense by far.

Not according to the numbers, the steelers were rated number 1 on D and the packers number 3. But the packers played for a good portion of the regular season without the benefit of many of their starters. Green Bay has been underrated all year. Which is why I have been making money betting them. This packers defense is much tougher than the numbers portray.
    edited January 2011
    Looks like Green Bay and Pittsburgh are going to Texas.
    edited January 2011
    the packers fucking suck the only reason they're going to the superbowl is because all the other teams in the NFC suck more..... #7 for the Steelers
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    the packers fucking suck the only reason they're going to the superbowl is because all the other teams in the NFC suck more..... #7 for the Steelers

This. NFC blows
    edited January 2011
    fuck, i hate the steelers and rapelisberger, now they're going to play in the cowboys stadium. i'm pulling for the pack on this one.
    edited January 2011

Funny, because all the experts see Green Bay winning this one.

On another note the AFC Championship would have been a much better game if both teams had played both halves.
    edited January 2011
    Steelers rush defense is going to halt Green Bay dead in its tracks.
    edited January 2011
    Steelers rush defense is going to halt Green Bay dead in its tracks.

That is what everyone said about the Bears rushing defense which was rated number one in the league vs the run.
    edited January 2011
    That is what everyone said about the Bears rushing defense which was rated number one in the league vs the run.

Pittsburgh had the best run defense in the league by far this regular season with Chicago at a distant second. I think 3rd was Baltimore, not sure about that though.
    edited January 2011
    Pittsburgh had the best run defense in the league by far this regular season with Chicago at a distant second. I think 3rd was Baltimore, not sure about that though.

You might be right I am going off what I thought I heard the announcer say during the NFC Championship.

The point is the Packers are not the same team they were early in the season. They were riddled with injuries with 11 starters on the IR list at one point. They have been called a one dimensional team all season due to a lach of a running game. In the last 4 weeks that has all changed and they have all their starters healthy.

I see this one coming in with a score of about 21 - 17 Green Bay.
    edited January 2011
    You might be right I am going off what I thought I heard the announcer say during the NFC Championship.

The point is the Packers are not the same team they were early in the season. They were riddled with injuries with 11 starters on the IR list at one point. They have been called a one dimensional team all season due to a lach of a running game. In the last 4 weeks that has all changed and they have all their starters healthy.

I see this one coming in with a score of about 21 - 17 Green Bay.

I just looked it up. Pittsburgh allowed on average 62 rush yards per game, Chicago 90.

That nasty Steelers defense is only allowing an average of 52 rush yards per game in the postseason.
    James Starks has been performing well for Green Bay the past few weeks compared to how their rush attack was during the regular season. He was struggling against the Bears though. Anything could happen but I really think Pittsburgh is going to crush Starks.
    Rodgers is going to have hell to pay if there's a weak run game.

The Packers also have the same problem that Atlanta had...only 1 offensive player accounting for a majority of the offense.Driver is old and a butterfingers, Jones is a young version of Driver. Greg Jennings pretty much IS Green Bays' offense. Him struggling means a bad day for Rodgers.

I still think it's going to be a great game.
    edited January 2011
    I just looked it up. Pittsburgh allowed on average 62 rush yards per game, Chicago 90.

That nasty Steelers defense is only allowing an average of 52 rush yards per game in the postseason.
    James Starks has been performing well for Green Bay the past few weeks compared to how their rush attack was during the regular season. He was struggling against the Bears though. Anything could happen but I really think Pittsburgh is going to crush Starks.
    Rodgers is going to have hell to pay if there's a weak run game.

The Packers also have the same problem that Atlanta had...only 1 offensive player accounting for a majority of the offense.Driver is old and a butterfingers, Jones is a young version of Driver. Greg Jennings pretty much IS Green Bays' offense. Him struggling means a bad day for Rodgers.

I still think it's going to be a great game.

I agree with this assessment and would add that either Clay Matthews or Troy Polamalu will be the difference maker.
    edited January 2011
    I agree with this assessment and would add that either Clay Matthews or Troy Polamalu will be the difference maker.

That's a believable prediction as well :D.

So who else is also excited for the commercials?
    edited January 2011
    That's a believable prediction as well :D.

So who else is also excited for the commercials?

The best commercials all year are during the Super Bowl.
    edited January 2011
    The best commercials all year are during the Super Bowl.

this fa sho. but i really want to watch the game. don't lie, you guys are excited about the black eyed peas :o
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    :( I was hoping to see Janet Jackson's tit again.