even if it was going to be the end of the world in 2012, wouldnt that be epic?

DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
only if it decimated everyone at once. if it lasts forever then thats stupid

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    But the world isn't going to end in 2012 so this thread is pointless. The Mayans never even said it would end in 2012 but idiot conspiracy theorists and new age faggots interpreted it that way.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't want the world to end per se, but I hope something awesome happens. Like the giant sun flare predicted by NASA hitting earth (predicted to occur around 2012). Which will highly likely destroy every electronic device and system simultaneously across the planet through electromagnetic radiation. No electricity, lighting, perhaps some cars, internet, no electronics at all. THAT would be epic as chaos would ensue and we'd pretty much be fucked as we're so reliant on technology.
  • DeepThoughtDeepThought Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Ive read every conspiracy theory and sciectific findings regarding 2012 with solar related activity and earth magnetics and polar activity.

what if we're in for something big? what if the earth violently rotates on it's axis, as God's revenge as we go through the center of the "dark" rift on dec.21/2012 - this is when it will be "dark" for three days just like in the bible

the best you can do is have a secret underground hidden base or facility. this is even good for nuke attacks or possible return of the annunaki

12250499.jpg&t=1
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    There will be billions of brainless idiots running around squealing at the top of their lungs, "Oh my God!... Oh My God... Oh My God!!!...", like a broken record, but the reality of the situation is that they never had a God in the first place.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    No, it's just an astronomical cycle the Mayans predicted. That 'dark rift' is the earth's passage through the very center of the galaxy which, at most, could bring some minor gravitational changes.

The world isn't going to end in 2012, not unless nuclear missiles start flying and hitting every major city in the earth.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I will make it end :mad:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Quite a good excuse to fuck a few girls...

"Well, only a few hours left..."
  • edited January 2011
    But the world isn't going to end in 2012 so this thread is pointless. The Mayans never even said it would end in 2012 but idiot conspiracy theorists and new age faggots interpreted it that way.

I know, and when you point out to them the flaws in their logic, they look at you and say in this weird voice;"Oh I dunnno', there are a lot of people, scientists even, that think something is going to happen". Bullshit.

I think there is some weird flaw in humanity that makes us think that the world is going to end, for some reason or another, within our lifetimes. If I was a psychologist, I would say that it is a transfer of death anxiety from an unknown to a perceived known. Thank god I'm a cook.

You want a good end of the world theory?, how about this; somewhere, nearby, cosmically speaking, a sun has just gone nova, right now a wavefront of highly charged particles is heading towards us at near lightspeed. Any day, any minute, any second now, it could all be over.

C/O
    "you could also get hit by a bus"
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    Not even the Son of God, Jesus Christ himself, knows the day and hour of the end of this corrupt and wicked system of things. Only the Creator Himself knows when it will happen. But we can tell from the signs given in the book of Revelations that we are indeed in the last days. Our generation will see the end, and some will see a new beginning.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2011
    Those old WWII films always flash into my head; A soldier making sweet, simple love to his 'gal' in his car, on the way home from the pictures.

The radio playing endless repeats of "we'll meet again" and only static on the TV.
    Religious nuts preaching in the streets, falling to death ears...looters pointlessly stealing things..mass suicide.

I think the sense of finality would be nice. Nothing to do but wait and perhaps get high.

EDIT: Of course, the world isn't going to end anytime soon.
  • edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Not even the Son of God, Jesus Christ himself, knows the day and hour of the end of this corrupt and wicked system of things. Only the Creator Himself knows when it will happen. But we can tell from the signs given in the book of Revelations that we are indeed in the last days. Our generation will see the end, and some will see a new beginning.

See what I mean? Seriously -Spectral, you seem like you might have a few years under your belt, have you not heard this stuff all your life from various sources? What makes you think that the prophecies in Revelations are happening now?

People through the ages have cherrypicked the bible and used it to support "end of days" theories. Why are those that interpret the bible today in support of this more correct than any before them? I am sure that in any given 10 years of the last 1000, theories have been put forward to say "this is the end of days, the signs in revelations tell us so".

C/O
    "we is all gonna die, hopefully you before me"
  • edited January 2011
    I'd quite happily see the rest of humanity die, but first if I could discover the key(s) to immortality and master the ability to create my own race of underlings who would worship me as a God, well... that would be nice.
  • edited January 2011