Breakfast.

street carpstreet carp Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Life
I work nightshift but abide by social norms and have my breakfast in the morning at the end of a shift. Because I've usually eaten a big meal at around midnight I keep it light and usually have a couple of pancakes or some small bread rolls with soft cheese, an orange or banana and a cup of coffee. Very much a continental breakfast really.

So totse, what do you eat for breakfast?

Comments

• KowKow Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Lately it's just leftovers but if I'm feeling like it, I'll make some rice and cook up some fried rice.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    I like to make pancakes or crepes. I usually include berries or bananas. If I have some, I usually like to top off the pancakes or crepes with cream. Include that with a few eggs on the side, maybe a couple slices of bacon, a BIG glass of orange juice, and a hot cup of black coffee. I'd say its a pretty good start to the day.
  • street carpstreet carp Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Kow wrote: »
    Lately it's just leftovers but if I'm feeling like it, I'll make some rice and cook up some fried rice.
    Are you Asian? My girlfriend is a Filipina and she eats rice for breakfast... I find it fucking weird though.
  • KowKow Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Are you Asian? My girlfriend is a Filipina and she eats rice for breakfast... I find it fucking weird though.

Nah, but my roommate is so I've picked up a lot of eating habits from him.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Whole wheat toast with a little butter, 2 eggs, blueberries, strawberries, and then green tea, coffee or OJ. If I have bacon or sausage I'll eat some of that too. Crepes and waffles are good, but I don't like messing with them most of the time.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    If there's something ready in the fridge such as leftovers, I'll eat those. Otherwise, it's usually something involving bread with eggs as a commonly used ingredient.

Lately, I've taken to having eggs in a basket with the bread lightly charred and the yolk still runny. Sprinkle with salt and top with a spoon of salsa.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mother fucking scrambled egg and fried bologna sammich, topped with american cheese and mayonnaise. So good. If I don't have much time/don't feel like doing much, it'll be the same thing minus the scrambled eggs. Or cereal. Coffee and cigarette after the morning meal. Mmmmmm :D
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    if it's the weekend I make scrambled eggs. during the week I never have any time in the mornings so I just shove a piece of whole wheat bread in my mouth and call it done.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Egg, toast combo.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    lately, its been sausages and corn
  • PsyntheticPsynthetic Regular
    edited July 2010
    A bowl of Raisin Bran and a glass of OJ.
  • edited July 2010
    I work third shift and eat my breakfast early morning too. Lately I've been eating scrambled eggs, bagels with cream cheese, toast and bacon. Sometimes I'm lazy and don't feel like making shit when I get home so I just stop at McDonalds for breakfast. :o
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    If I have to work in the morning I'll just eat cereal or a bagel and coffee.

I can't believe no one has said grits yet! If I actually have time in the mornings I'll make grits, toast, scrambled eggs, and maybe roasted potatoes. Or pancakes.
  • edited July 2010
    Usually, I just get out of bed and eat a few bowls of cereal. I'm not bothered which kind, as long as it tastes good.

Fried food is awesome though, nothing beats Bacon, eggs, sausages, toast and fried bread.
  • monotonedmonotoned Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    If I have leftovers I eat those.
    If I have no leftovers and no time I just hard boil an egg or not eat at all.
    If I have time I make a nice grilled cheese sandwich, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, with milk or juice. Or just whatever I feel like.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Coffee 4 outta 7 days and if I eat its oatmeal.