Wish me luck, Totse.

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I have a job interview today in about 3 hours with Carmax. It's for an inventory associate or some shit like that. From what I understand Carmax is a really good company to work for, I hear they start out at like 11-12 bucks an hour with great benefits, which is kickass (if true) because I'm only 18 and this would be my second job. Plus I need this shit bad. So, Totse, I ask of you to grant me your blessing in conquering this interview today.

I'm ready to go in there, kickass and chew bubblegum. With a celebratory "IjustfuckedshitupcauseI'mawesome" cigarette afterwards. I'll keep you fellas posted on this matter.

Who wouldn't want to hire someone with a very impressive history of Pokemon research and science?

Comments

• mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good luck Professor!
  • edited July 2010
    Good luck bro, I'm sure you'l get the job anyway - you're professor Oak!
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well I went to the interview, all went well. Carmax has three different interviews you have to go through, I've done two so far. You have to do an online interview, then another interview with just a regular manager..a "meet'n'greet" then after those two, you wait a week-10 days for the like...head manager to call you for another interview. Then you finally get to know if you got the job or not. Fuck.
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    Professor, good luck.
  • Issue313Issue313 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    GL dude.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    You will get it.

Good luck.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good luck Professor
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good luck, bring me back a Pokemon.
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for all the good luck wishes guys :)

I have but one question. Well, I dropped out of high-school this past year, I know I know, bad choice. On all of my applications that I fill out I always say that I DO have a diploma, because I don't want to be singled out or judged based on me not having one, and the one doing the hiring completely disregard my application because of it. I damn well know that I can do everything someone with a diploma can do, hell I can probably do it better. I'm getting my GED this month, but I wasn't able to wait for that. What are the chances this will have a negative outcome? I know that it CAN happen, but I'd really like it not to. I guess if they do actually check that, hopefully they'll ask me why and I can explain to them. In my opinion it's a fair reason to "lie" about that.

Education=/=Intelligence
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Go out and win some pokemon battles if you want money. :mad:
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Go out and win some pokemon battles if you want money. :mad:

Haven't you read my sig, man? In my younger days I was quite the Pokemon master, however I have grown old and my saggy testicles, scoliosis, and cancer have limited me to researching Pokemon from the comforts of my laboratory.

Also, Nurse Joys grandmother used to be quite the fox :cool:
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    God speed! Take Charmander with you, just in case ya know...shit goes bad.
    edited July 2010
    Come on guise :( I'd really like a serious answer to my question. I'm quite worried.

But..I chose Bulbasaur as my companion in my day. I love grass types :cool:
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd be open about it when it gets to the interview stage and just tell them you're going for your GED.
    edited July 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »
    I'd be open about it when it gets to the interview stage and just tell them you're going for your GED.

I considered that. It didn't come up in the interview I had today (Carmax does three different interviews before they hire you), I feel like if it does come up in the second interview I probably will say something. Then again...I also feel like if I do tell them the truth they may rage and not hire me for lying. Even if I do have a somewhat reasonable explanation.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's carmax brah, In a fucking nigger ridden town. You're white, you can obviously read and comprehend. I'd say that puts you in the top 1% of applicants they get in your town.
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    It's carmax brah, In a fucking nigger ridden town. You're white, you can obviously read and comprehend. I'd say that puts you in the top 1% of applicants they get in your town.

I live in Charlotte, NC :(
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    I live in Charlotte, NC :(

thought u were still in o town yo

PS lie, they wont check
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    thought u were still in o town yo

PS lie, they wont check

Haha I hope they don't check, up to this point I've gone with the lying strategy. And I left that shit hole Orangeburg around two months ago.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha I hope they don't check, up to this point I've gone with the lying strategy. And I left that shit hole Orangeburg around two months ago.

Orangeburg? What the fuck happened to Pallet Town?

your name etcetcetc
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Orangeburg? What the fuck happened to Pallet Town?

your name etcetcetc

Oops...I meant Pallet Town...in the Kanto region. ;)
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=nc

Looks like NC is one of the states where a homeschool = a private school. What you can do in Texas is pretty much just make up a homeschool diploma (create a name) and transcript (go to the local high school and get a course catalog; it'll show you what you're supposed to have taken) and that's accepted because your parents can 'graduate' you whenever they feel like. You'll need to do a bit of research to make sure it's the same in NC though.
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=nc

Looks like NC is one of the states where a homeschool = a private school. What you can do in Texas is pretty much just make up a homeschool diploma (create a name) and transcript (go to the local high school and get a course catalog; it'll show you what you're supposed to have taken) and that's accepted because your parents can 'graduate' you whenever they feel like. You'll need to do a bit of research to make sure it's the same in NC though.

No need. I'll be getting my GED later this month. That does sound like a really kickass way to beat the system though.

I just need to know what the chances are of an employer actually checking on these types of things.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I was just throwing it up there in case you needed something in the mean time. If they demand proof now, you could use that and then just use the GED for next time you need a job.

Since it's entry-level though, no one really gives a shit, just pass drug and background. When you get into jobs where they want to see a degree, they don't give a shit about diplomas there either, as far as I've heard.

My only qualifications here are that I've joined two service-sector jobs and the military, and the military are the only ones who wanted proof.
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just throwing it up there in case you needed something in the mean time. If they demand proof now, you could use that and then just use the GED for next time you need a job.

Since it's entry-level though, no one really gives a shit, just pass drug and background. When you get into jobs where they want to see a degree, they don't give a shit about diplomas there either, as far as I've heard.

My only qualifications here are that I've joined two service-sector jobs and the military, and the military are the only ones who wanted proof.

Employers not giving a shit seems to be the general consensus, which makes me feel a lot better and more optimistic. I do hope you guys are right.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    edited August 2010
    After calling them pretty much everyday since the interview, for the past 2 weeks, just trying to show how much I wanted the job..ya know..being "that motivated guy"...they filled the fucking position. Finding a job fucking sucks.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    ^ lOL probably why they gave it to the other guy, kept bugging them about it. patience my friend.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Go catch them all!
    edited August 2010
    blindbat wrote: »
    ^ lOL probably why they gave it to the other guy, kept bugging them about it. patience my friend.

Well I didn't call EVERY day. After the week-10 day waiting period after the first interview I called every other day to check up on it and show that I really wanted the job. I figured it was what I was supposed to do.