Ever made a silly justification?

acid_dropacid_drop Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Yeeeahhhh... I've not owned a console since Sega Genisis, and pretty much only play games on the computer anyhow. But I think I'm going to buy a Ps3... for one game.

Actually, it's kind of sad the only reason I'm even considering it is for fucking Little Big Planet :facepalm:. I'm a grown ass man, and still liked playing that game quite a bit the few times I have. I've played it at a friends house a , and she said she has the new one and it's fucking sweet.

My tax return is going to be pretty fat, so it's not like I'll be missing my hard earned monies. I may buy FIFA or something too. The only games that are utter shit on computer compared to consoles are sports games. And I miss playing soccer and hockey games.

Comments

• MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    I would buy a Ps3 just to play Demon Souls.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    I would buy a Ps3 just to play Demon Souls.

Yeah, even though I'm usually very uninterested by those types of games, this review of it actually made me want to play it.

I know I'd probably get pissed off and rage quit because I like playing games primarily when I'm fucked up... but still, looks neat.
    edited January 2011
    Well I guess it wasn't that video I was thinking of I guess. He is funny though. Another review I saw by someone else made it seem pretty neat.

EDIT: This is the video I was thinking of. I guess by now It's obviously I only like reviews that are sprinkled with either offensive cynical commentary, or some other kind of odd humor I don't know what to call. I probably like this review because it reminds me of a pot head friend I have and can usually make me laugh.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited January 2011
    Not really. I never had a Genesis, but I played and liked the game Taz: Escape from Mars. There aren't really any games these days that catch my attention. Down the road, I may get a Wii and The New Super Mario Bros, but that's about it. The only new systems I ever had were a game boy color, and a gameboy advance. Other than those,I've always had second hand consoles right from my first Atari 2600. I loved that system (and still have one) My ten favorite games were Astroids, Centipede, Circus Atari, Defender, Space Invaders, Ms. Pacman, Pacman, Vanguard, Phoenix,
    and then Video Pinball, along with Infiltrate, DigDug, Atlantis, and Cosmic ark. then had a Super Nintendo, and my favorite games were Super Mario All-stars, Contra III, and Sparkster. For the Nintendo 64 my favorites were Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, and The New Tetris. I recently purchased a Nintendo Gamecube, but I don't really have a favorite game for it, although I kind of like Splinter Cell and Luigi's Mansion. I also found an original Gameboy at a salvation army store for $2.50 that was paired with Legend of Zelda, but I don't use it much as some of the LCD doesn't work. Sorry for the Drunk Ramble.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    Not really. I never had a Genesis, but I played and liked the game Taz: Escape from Mars.

Fuck I have that game. Shit was hard as fuck, I only made it to the castle level without cheating.
  • edited January 2011
    I wanted a PS3 for a few games about a year ago, but I wouldn't buy it now. I'm glad I didn't buy one in the end actually, I'm quite happy with my PC gaming. I've made a few stupid justifications like that before though, especially when I was younger.

I remember assuming that The Simpsons Wrestling game for PS1 would be amazing because it had The Simpsons in it... I was terribly wrong.
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

I remember assuming that The Simpsons Wrestling game for PS1 would be amazing because it had The Simpsons in it... I was terribly wrong.

I remember learning that lesson with the first Simpsons game I played. Haha. NEVER AGAIN.

But meh. It's not like I don't have the money. And I liked LBP when I played it as does my girlfriend who I live with. So it would be something for both of us to do. I just put off a console for so long as I wasn't home 99% of the time until last year, and none of the games that were on consoles exclusively really appealed to me. LBP was about it, but there may be a few more now. Who knows. I hate hate hate paying 60 dollars for a damned game I'll get bored of in a week.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited January 2011
    fifa and the nhl games are more than worth it. i cant stop playing those enough and its great when you have friends over. thats the only reason i will ever own a console. i cant get the same experience playing sports games on the computer no matter how hard i try. LBP is great too dont get me wrong. I have played my fair share of that and love it.
    edited January 2011
    For sure. Like I said, aside from LBP, the only other thing I miss about a console is sport games. I miss FIFA and NHL. I even used to play a lot of baseball games with my brother.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I always make silly justifications, and it kills me to do so...

"Another bowl/pill?"
    "Nah, brain. Not today"
    "But it's Wednesday!"
    "Ah what the hell..."
  • edited February 2011
    Don't know if this counts but I once traded in about 10 psx games to get Xenogears and a third party controller. One of the games I traded was Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. I really regret it now, it was in perfect condition, the booklet was never even opened, the box had one crack in it which was there when I bought it brand new for 35 USD. I've seen scratched copies with no box or booklet sell on eBay for well over 100 USD. The game was pretty boring even for the time, but i loved the story. What really grinds my gears is that I never finished it once, I think after 100+ hours of training just to get stomped at the last dungeon was what pushed me to sell it.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited February 2011
    i thought kill zone was fun, if you are into those kind of shooters, although most games end up getting boring after a week or two. there is nothing wrong with getting the system for a really good game that you enjoy, and you never know. you might stumble onto something else really bad ass that you may like. you can DL ff7 on the online store! can you think of any old school ps1 or ps2 games that you loved. i would definitely find a copy of Red Faction if i couldn't DL it from he Sony store. another good idea if you get a console, is to sign up for a rental/delivery service. like gamefly.com, its something like 8-10 bucks and they bring the games to you, and you return them when your done. sounds like that's the way to enjoy console games to me. i haven't tried it myself, but it's what i would look into.