Grilled Cheese +1

MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Okay we all know that normally when cooking grilled cheese, you butter up the pan. Well, I'm here to let you all in on a secret (that could already be known, but w/e). Try using mayonnaise in the pan next time instead of butter for your grilled cheeses. It is fucking delicious. The grilled cheese will come out more crispy rather than soggy, and the taste is just amazing. The sandwich will however be a tad more greasy, but fuck it, that's what makes food great, amirite?

Mayonnaise in pan > butter in pan.

Comments

• 4206942069 Regular
    edited July 2010
    defeats the purpose number one best use of grilled cheese, dunking in tomato soup
    I did it and could never go back to one without the other
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll stick with butter. I've never had a problem with crispiness and I hate mayonnaise
  • Gorilla GutsGorilla Guts Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    wouldn't that smell like shit? super hot mayo, no thank you.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2010
    It does smell sort of bad while cooking, but nothing intolerable. Trust me guys, try this. It will change your grilled cheese lives forever. I learned this little trick from this guy my sister in-law knows who is a chef at some fancy restaurant in VA Beach, if it's any consolation.

But seriously, don't knock it til you try it.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay we all know that normally when cooking grilled cheese, you butter up the pan. Well, I'm here to let you all in on a secret (that could already be known, but w/e). Try using mayonnaise in the pan next time instead of butter for your grilled cheeses. It is fucking delicious. The grilled cheese will come out more crispy rather than soggy, and the taste is just amazing. The sandwich will however be a tad more greasy, but fuck it, that's what makes food great, amirite?

Mayonnaise in pan > butter in pan.

You ever had a grill cheese from Dairy-O goddamn they make good shit
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome, is there anything mayonnaise cannot do?
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    You ever had a grill cheese from Dairy-O goddamn they make good shit

Where at do you live with a Dairy-O??? I've only seen one in my entire life and that was in Orangeburg, SC.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Where at do you live with a Dairy-O??? I've only seen one in my entire life and that was in Orangeburg, SC.

I live ~30 miles form orangeburg man
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »
    I live ~30 miles form orangeburg man

Really? Where at man?
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Really? Where at man?

harleyville area
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    at first, i was like
    0.jpg
    dats sum nasty ass shit

but then it actually turned out alright.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    So you don't put ANY butter in the pan? Just mayo?

I guess I'll try it. Doesn't even seem like that would work... :eek:
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    at first, i was like
    0.jpg
    dats sum nasty ass shit

but then it actually turned out alright.
    Hell yeah man. Let these naysayers know.
    Slice wrote: »
    So you don't put ANY butter in the pan? Just mayo?

I guess I'll try it. Doesn't even seem like that would work... :eek:
    Do it, and report back :) And yes, just mayo.
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Awesome, is there anything mayonnaise cannot do?

Mayonnaise is God.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome thread man. I'm going to test this next time I get more veganaise and fake cheese~
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Awesome thread man. I'm going to test this next time I get more veganaise and fake cheese~

Please do report back when you try it :)

And is your avatar some sort of phallus symbol?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's a large version of my site's favicon. It's the J from a funny font face, but I use it because it resembles a J, a bong, and a guy with a hardon, all of which describe me well. :)
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    It's a large version of my site's favicon. It's the J from a funny font face, but I use it because it resembles a J, a bong, and a guy with a hardon, all of which describe me well. :)

THAT. Is one kickass avatar you have there, sir.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nothing to do tonight..was hungry, looked at how much bread i had; then cheese...then i realized OH FUCK DO I HAVE MAYO? i spread some mayo on each side grilled it..turned out DAMN TASTY.
    edited July 2010
    Lethargica wrote: »
    Nothing to do tonight..was hungry, looked at how much bread i had; then cheese...then i realized OH FUCK DO I HAVE MAYO? i spread some mayo on each side grilled it..turned out DAMN TASTY.

Glad to hear it man! I'm telling you guys mayonnaise instead of butter for grilled cheese is fuckin' tits.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    This actually turned out pretty good.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Some other good things are Bacon in it. And peperoni isn't that bad either. I've also tried it with ranch and ketchup. another good combo. A fucking delicious thing is to sprinkle some mozzarella cheese in with the American cheese and add pepperonis, the dip it in ketchup or pizza sauce. Tastes like a pizza sandwich.