New Front Page + VB4

DfgDfg Admin
edited May 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Well, the new front page which was in development for quite some time is now finished. It's still open for suggestions. I am going to use the same layout for other pages like FAQ etc.

Thanks to Bornkiller and Skittles for the awesome gradient and colors and thanks to everyone for helping out. Thanks trx110 for the border idea. Hopefully, we will keep on improving this website.

Also, Vbulletin 4 is now installed on totse.info. I am currently working on the layout. VB4 is a big task for me because it uses CSS for everything. I can't import this layout and I have to remake everything bit by bit. So far I have made some major changes and at this stage the layout is better than totse2 BUT I want it to be perfect and as close to the current layout.

VB4 offers some great features plus we won't need the Hot Topics bar which we're forced to use for now.

Anyway, I need to rest a bit. Thanks to Hellish for the support and for the VB4 installation and thanks to Vineman and Abrn for this amazing host.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    You sound like a drum and bass MC giving shout-outs!

Looks great so far though man, loving the new look. I think that the main page looks a little plain on the right hand side though :( Where the old adverts were on the old TOTSE, we have blank space now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Hush, we will have ads etc in few hours. I just need to find a working script,.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't notice any differences, is this the vb4 forum or is that still private?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    VB4 is still set to private. Only developers and mods/global mods can see that section.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm interested to see how you integrate it into the forums, lemme know if you need help with customizing vb4 as I've spent the last two weeks tweaking the damn software.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    I'm interested to see how you integrate it into the forums, lemme know if you need help with customizing vb4 as I've spent the last two weeks tweaking the damn software.

Well, I am going to work on the style. Once that's done we're going to upgrade to that version and the DB will get updated. Then we will import the style and tweak it.

Honestly VB4 is a lot different and complex. It also, doesn't give me much control over things. In the end I might be playing with direct php files just to make things work. I will keep you posted and even give you access to VB4.
  • edited February 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    VB4 is still set to private. Only developers and mods/global mods can see that section.

Uh... We can? Link me bro :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Referring to site developer section lol.

PM me and I will give you the pass for VB.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited February 2011
    When you learn to be something other than a jackass.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Working on VB4 theme with BK.
  • edited May 2011
    So, what does this VB4 board look like so far? Can we get a screenshot or something?