10 girls a day for 10 days.

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited July 2010 in Life
1). Picture in your mind the person you'd like to be.

Picture it in great detail. What that person is dressed like, the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he acts, the way he thinks.

Then start "acting" that person out. Pretend you're playing a role of that person. Keep doing it until you are the person you want to be.

2). Make it a target to approach 10 girls every day over the next 10 days.

That alone will give you a 100 experiences of approaching women. Doesn't matter if you get rejected or not, keep with the plan. Understand, that, most of the times you get rejected it's not because the girl doesn't like you - most likely she's just not interested in meeting new people at the moment for whatever reason.

3). Mental rehearsing. Every night , rehearse the events that happened during the day, when you think you acted in the wrong way. Rehearse the whole situation in every detail, but act the right way this time.
Eventually, when you face a similar situation in real life, you will not make the mistake anymore.

This technique is actually used in many fields - I know that a lot of athletes use it to perfect their technique. Imagining something in your mind in great detail for 10-15 minutes is almost as useful as doing it in real life.

If I were a mediocre-looking to hot chick, wouldn't I find it a little annoying that some random guy was coming on to me? Guys come on to chicks all the time.

Everybody hates "players"; I'm pretty sure that fad ended, seeing as that post was originally made in 2008. Is all that post is some crap by a player? Or do people actually expect it to work?

Even though I'm no longer interested in girls (no homo), I'd like to know the reasoning behind this. Not to mention it makes you come across as desperate.

Arrrgghh I hate myself for even making this thread, but I just don't understand this at all. If I was a hot chick I'd want to be left alone when I go out; not have some retarded guys constantly hitting me up.

Comments

• Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The truth is, girls dont get hit on all the time, not in every day situations anyway, maybe at bars, clubs etc, but thats why they are there, tell me, would you find it annoying if a friendly stranger of the opposite sex started a conversation with you?

This technique is simply designed to inspire confidence and positive self image if I'm understanding it correctly, and teach the user that rejection isn't that bad, might have a go at this actually, could meet someone nice.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Dog Boy wrote: »
    The truth is, girls dont get hit on all the time, not in every day situations anyway, maybe at bars, clubs etc, but thats why they are there, tell me, would you find it annoying if a friendly stranger of the opposite sex started a conversation with you?

This technique is simply designed to inspire confidence and positive self image if I'm understanding it correctly, and teach the user that rejection isn't that bad, might have a go at this actually, could meet someone nice.

That... actually makes some sense.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the "would you find it annoying if a friendly stranger of the opposite sex started a conversation with you?" bit. People of the opposite sex have done it before... it wasn't annoying; it was like, mediocre. I'm theorizing here, that if this happened constantly I would find it pretty annoying.

Hopefully what you're saying about girls not getting hit on all the time is true. Some girls have told me they get hit on a lot; maybe they're just saying it to be like "lololol I'm so popular!!!" and if that's the case... that pisses me off even more. :facepalm:
  • Dog BoyDog Boy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    Hopefully what you're saying about girls not getting hit on all the time is true. Some girls have told me they get hit on a lot; maybe they're just saying it to be like "lololol I'm so popular!!!" and if that's the case... that pisses me off even more. :facepalm:

Its either that, or they have no idea about normal social contact, and cant distinguish between friendliness and sexual advance.

And anyway, who cares whether they get hit on all the time, you are smarter, funnier and better looking than all the other guys that hit on them.

Ps: Best pickup line ever "I may not be the best looking man in the room, but I'm the only one talking to you." works like a charm ;)
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't just go up to girls and say "do you want to "hang out/get a coffee/fuck etc".

You have to build up to it. Start off just trying to make conversation. It's a lot easier with people you already know or if you're at a party or something similar but you can fit a reference to something about where you are you probably won't come off that creepy (eg in the park talk about the weather).
    That way you can make a smooth exit if things don't work out (just make your separate ways), but someone who's interested will be able to fire back at you.
  • grayboygrayboy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Lol a hot chick will get hit on ALL THE TIME. Thats why its important to ...indicate disinterest at first, to disarm her ......not to be nasty or anything just so she drops her ...defence sheils if you like that come up from being hit on all the time :)
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Let me try to explain.

First of all, the aim of that is not to "get laid". So it doesn't matter if girls like being approached in the streets or not. The aim is for you to get completely comfortable with this sort of thing. You go out there, expecting absolutely nothing to come of it.

Go to a nearby town if you're not comfortable doing it where you live... Doesn't matter.

Just understand this: it is actually very difficult to make acquaintances, let alone friends, in today's world, once you are out of school. There are plenty of girls I know that just go to work, come home, and have no clue how to meet someone. Bars and clubs are boring. Girls are not approached by strangers nearly as often as you think they do.
    Since you'll be making 100 approaches, you'll get to try everything once, but I'd recommend you do what Greenbull said: just be friendly. Get rid of all the high school cliches, you're not there to "ask her out". Just have a chat, laugh a bit, ask her questions, try to find some common ground, and if things go well try to find some common interest and arrange some future activity together. If she's boring? Not a big deal, move along.

Again, people are generally open to new acquaintances. And the ones that aren't are not worth knowing anyway.

By approaching 100 girls, you'll hopefully end up realizing that it's not a big deal at all.

Here's an example. A few weeks ago I happened to be walking on the beach, in another country, at night, alone. At some point I noticed there was a beautiful lady, lying on a recliner, wearing a dress and reading a book. It looked like she was alone, I was bored, so - why not? - I came up to her, asked if she minds if I join her.
    She said "not at all", so I lied down on a recliner next to her. I then told her a somewhat funny story of how I ended up being alone on the other side of the world, asked her a few questions about herself. Eventually I found out that she's married and runs a bar in town, so I got the name, said I'll go have a drink there sometime, and then left, as it suddenly became a lot less fun when I found out she wasn't available.
    Point of me telling you this? Talking to female strangers is not a big deal. Had she been single, this could've easily been a beginning of something... Yet nowhere was I "hitting on her". Just having some fun, being friendly, and doing some light flirting in the process, slowly trying to see how much I can get away with.

So, yeah. This is all about your outlook and your experience.
    edited July 2010
    Agent 008 wrote: »
    Let me try to explain.

First of all, the aim of that is not to "get laid". So it doesn't matter if girls like being approached in the streets or not. The aim is for you to get completely comfortable with this sort of thing. You go out there, expecting absolutely nothing to come of it.

Go to a nearby town if you're not comfortable doing it where you live... Doesn't matter.

Just understand this: it is actually very difficult to make acquaintances, let alone friends, in today's world, once you are out of school. There are plenty of girls I know that just go to work, come home, and have no clue how to meet someone. Bars and clubs are boring. Girls are not approached by strangers nearly as often as you think they do.
    Since you'll be making 100 approaches, you'll get to try everything once, but I'd recommend you do what Greenbull said: just be friendly. Get rid of all the high school cliches, you're not there to "ask her out". Just have a chat, laugh a bit, ask her questions, try to find some common ground, and if things go well try to find some common interest and arrange some future activity together. If she's boring? Not a big deal, move along.

Again, people are generally open to new acquaintances. And the ones that aren't are not worth knowing anyway.

By approaching 100 girls, you'll hopefully end up realizing that it's not a big deal at all.

Here's an example. A few weeks ago I happened to be walking on the beach, in another country, at night, alone. At some point I noticed there was a beautiful lady, lying on a recliner, wearing a dress and reading a book. It looked like she was alone, I was bored, so - why not? - I came up to her, asked if she minds if I join her.
    She said "not at all", so I lied down on a recliner next to her. I then told her a somewhat funny story of how I ended up being alone on the other side of the world, asked her a few questions about herself. Eventually I found out that she's married and runs a bar in town, so I got the name, said I'll go have a drink there sometime, and then left, as it suddenly became a lot less fun when I found out she wasn't available.
    Point of me telling you this? Talking to female strangers is not a big deal. Had she been single, this could've easily been a beginning of something... Yet nowhere was I "hitting on her". Just having some fun, being friendly, and doing some light flirting in the process, slowly trying to see how much I can get away with.

So, yeah. This is all about your outlook and your experience.

Hmm. Wow man. So you're saying that I don't need to be in school to make friends? I can just make friends with strangers?

I honestly might try this tomorrow; in a different part of town. Why not? I can't make excuses anymore. I've lost weight, I have a license, I have good clothes, a good haircut, and no more acne. All the stuff that held me back, that I used to complain about on totse's S&A in 2008 is no longer there. Fuck. This is it. It's finally time for me to do this.

Goddamn, I'm nervous. So where should I drive to? What girls do I talk to? What do I say to them? Have any more examples of you talking to random people?

I know, I know, I said I was no longer interested in girls - but I'm not trying to make a romantic relationship or get laid. I just want friends, I guess. Sick of being antisocial. And it'd be homo talking to guys. Argh, I don't know. I might try some guys too, no homo.
    edited July 2010
    Hmm. Wow man. So you're saying that I don't need to be in school to make friends? I can just make friends with strangers?

No. You just make a bunch of friends in school, and then throughout your whole life you don't get to know anybody else.

You've got to be kidding me.
    I honestly might try this tomorrow; in a different part of town. Why not? I can't make excuses anymore. I've lost weight, I have a license, I have good clothes, a good haircut, and no more acne. All the stuff that held me back, that I used to complain about on totse's S&A in 2008 is no longer there. Fuck. This is it. It's finally time for me to do this.

Goddamn, I'm nervous. So where should I drive to? What girls do I talk to? What do I say to them? Have any more examples of you talking to random people?

Why are you nervous? This isn't a big deal at all. You are talking to me now, and I am a stranger.
    When you play a computer game, and you've got to approach another character and ask them some questions to advance the plot... Are you ever nervous? I hope not. :p Do you ever pass an opportunity to talk to someone in a game? No, because talking to other characters is fun. Well, again, what is the difference? There is none. Imagine that it's all a game when it comes to talking to people.
    I know, I know, I said I was no longer interested in girls - but I'm not trying to make a romantic relationship or get laid. I just want friends, I guess. Sick of being antisocial. And it'd be homo talking to guys. Argh, I don't know. I might try some guys too, no homo.

You sound needy. Just be cool. Are you cool?
    edited July 2010
    No. You just make a bunch of friends in school, and then throughout your whole life you don't get to know anybody else.

You've got to be kidding me.

I always see people complaining about how you can't make friends after you leave college or something. And so people kill themselves when they have nobody on Christmas.
    Why are you nervous? This isn't a big deal at all. You are talking to me now, and I am a stranger.
    When you play a computer game, and you've got to approach another character and ask them some questions to advance the plot... Are you ever nervous? I hope not. :p Do you ever pass an opportunity to talk to someone in a game? No, because talking to other characters is fun. Well, again, what is the difference? There is none. Imagine that it's all a game when it comes to talking to people.

That's a really good way to think about it. I Love talking to everyone in Zelda and shit. I'll pretend I'm link. No homo.
    You sound needy. Just be cool. Are you cool?

I'm cool, I'm cool. Tomorrow will be a life changing day. It better be. Will report back in less than 24 hours with either lolz, good news, or both.
    edited July 2010
    I always see people complaining about how you can't make friends after you leave college or something. And so people kill themselves when they have nobody on Christmas.

Well exactly. Because it is actually difficult to meet people. That's why most people are open to new acquaintances.
    I'm cool, I'm cool. Tomorrow will be a life changing day. It better be. Will report back in less than 24 hours with either lolz, good news, or both.

I can't promise you a life-changing experience, but hey, I am sure it's gonna be fun.
  • trickstertrickster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    That's a really good way to think about it. I Love talking to everyone in Zelda and shit. I'll pretend I'm link. No homo.

But... but...

Link never speaks :eek:

But for serious, this does seem like a pretty reasonable way to meet people and build interaction skills. Personally, I'm too lazy for 10, but the basic idea sounds pretty solid. I go to a lot of rave-esque parties, and usually make a few new friends each time. Quite often I find that sharing a cigarette is a good way to start things off.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2010
    I honestly always thought the whole pickup artist thing was all disinformation. Smart guys who got girls all the time told the wrong shit to the masses so that they themselves would have more girls.

I say this because I had friends who later became pickup artists, they went to training in different countries and florida and shit. They paid 10k just for this one session one time. I caught up with them at a local nightspot and their game was just awful. These dudes would get girls in high school but the shit they pulled was fucking awful. Magic tricks, number games, and shit like that. It was all fucked up

The one thing that holds true is strength in numbers. Go for quantity. Girl A says no, Girl B says yes.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    It is difficult to meet people after college. If you do grad school you might make a few friends, but it's a stressful and busy time, so they won't want to go out. The most annoying thing for me was graduating from college and then losing pretty much all of my friends when they moved away. It was like omfg I'm suddenly without friends. I had a couple that didn't move away, so I stuck with those and tried to make more. Grad school pretty much destroyed any chance of a social life, but now I'm done with that and trying to make more friends. It's difficult and it takes time. I think it's important to be patient and realize that friendships don't just happen. You have to work at it. Be social, talk to people wherever you go, ask questions, and then maybe get their # and arrange to do something.

I've been lazy since I graduated like 2 months ago. I've made a few friends, done some fun shit, and I'm going to find some lame ass job to work for a year while I relax and don't have to worry about continuing my education. Use the time you have to enjoy life. Friends make life better. Realize that you'll be dead in ~80 years and then you won't be able to give a fuck or feel embarrassed because some girl wasn't interested in you.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dog Boy wrote: »

This.

I'm pretty sure that the writer didn't intend this as a "How to screw 100 girls" guide but more of a way of getting lots of experience in a short amount of time. And honestly, practice makes perfect. It's not a bad idea.
    edited July 2010
    echidna wrote: »
    i honestly always thought the whole pickup artist thing was all disinformation. Smart guys who got girls all the time told the wrong shit to the masses so that they themselves would have more girls.

I say this because i had friends who later became pickup artists, they went to training in different countries and florida and shit. They paid 10k just for this one session one time. I caught up with them at a local nightspot and their game was just awful. These dudes would get girls in high school but the shit they pulled was fucking awful. Magic tricks, number games, and shit like that. It was all fucked up

the one thing that holds true is strength in numbers. Go for quantity. Girl a says no, girl b says yes.

hahahahahahahaha!
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    One thing I've been wanting to do is take a non-busy weekday and spend the day walking somewhere alone and talking to anyone I encounter that aren't just passing by.

I might go as myself or do some roleplaying. Just something I've been meaning to try since summer started, but haven't had the time nor the motivation to do so yet.
    edited July 2010
    Echidna wrote: »
    I honestly always thought the whole pickup artist thing was all disinformation. Smart guys who got girls all the time told the wrong shit to the masses so that they themselves would have more girls.

It's much simpler than that, it's all about money.
    edited July 2010
    It's much simpler than that, it's all about money.

Yep. You never actually see David D'Angelo out getting women. The guy is fucking nasty looking. I'm sure his whole routine works on boring/easy girls, but any self-respecting girl wouldn't touch the guido. The guys selling this shit are the same kind who sell penis enlargement pills. The only difference is following this advice might actually work some of the time.

Your best bet is still numbers, though. If a woman isn't interested in you, move on. That seems to be the core tenet of PUA game and the only reason it works (aside from getting socially awkward guys to have some confidence and not have their heads up their asses). The only reason people have success is they get over rejection and keep trying til they find a woman who wants sex.
    edited July 2010
    Yeah that's what Boomhaur on King of the Hill does. He just keeps asking out women. It'd be awkward running into them again later though with your family, which is why I have to do it out of town.
    edited July 2010
    Yeah that's what Boomhaur on King of the Hill does. He just keeps asking out women. It'd be awkward running into them again later though with your family, which is why I have to do it out of town.

Learn the two fine arts of: ignoring people and not giving a shit. You will be happier.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Learn the two fine arts of: ignoring people and not giving a shit. You will be happier.

This.

Here is a scientific graph to back up this claim:

Not_giving_a_shit.png
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Watch the movie yes man :D