The ability to control time around you is clearly the best superpower

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
It's such a brilliant superpower, far better than shapeshifting! Think about the fun you could have by pausing time, raping someone and resuming time as if nothing ever happened...

Obviously rape isn't the only thing you could do, but this is Totse and it's the first thing which came to mind.

Discuss.

Comments

• LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited February 2011
    Actually controlling time itself means you can do litterally everything. For example:

you can reduce the time it takes for you to get killed when being shot, stabbed.
    You can increase the time it takes for a particle to combust.
    You can reduce the time it takes to get from point A to point B.
    Reduce the time it takes to convince someone
    Reduce the time it takes to find a way to make millions.

To .000000000001 of a second or something.

I think it's best to say what are some things you CANNOT do when you have that superpower.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Way to go all geeky on it.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    Time manipulation would definitely be the best and most dangerous superpower. It makes all other superpowers null. Why fly somewhere when you can get there in less than a second? Why be invisible physically when you can just stop time? Get shot: rewind time and then slow it down so you can avoid it. Fuck up your relationship: rewind and literally take back what you said. What effect would this have on age though? To calculate your actual life span to date you'd have to keep tally or a watch that somehow doesn't get fucked up by the constant time travel. Then you'd have a clock that people would always tell you was wrong.
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Since rape has already been mentioned I'll have to go for my number 2 reason, we can rob banks easily, not for any reason...I just always wanted to know what it would be like to rob a bank.

This is more or less why I mentioned it in the shapeshifting thread.