Do you even fall in love...

Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
edited March 2011 in Life
Do you even fall in love, after you are out of your teen years, and the chemicals in your brain become relatively stable?

Looking back, the dynamic with my feelings was having the most powerful ones when I was 14-15, slightly less so for a different girl at 16-17, even less so at 18, and since then it's been just pretty much "yeah, I'd tap that" at best.

Is that how things are?

Even the girls that I used to love, looking at their recent pictures makes me wonder what I found in them in the first place. Once girls are out of their teenage years, they really lose this kind of a "spark" about them - it's not something you can really describe, pretty weird.

Thing is, with all my current affairs, I can't help but compare the intensity with the standard that was set when I was younger. And the high is not nearly the same, it's not even close, which is a bit depressing. Perhaps I'm not alone in this, and it's one of the reasons why people turn to drugs?

Comments

• ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited February 2011
    People turn to drugs for various reasons and i wouldn't stress yourself about it. I mean you'll know when you meet someone, maybe you're just swimming in the wrong pond ((or)) some other gay ass shit
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I know exactly how you feel! I still retained the "eh I'd tap it" mindset though. I feel in love with someone, but I will always have that side to me :D
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    I fell in love at 37, for the 3rd time in my life.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    I'm a hopeless romantic and am in love currently at the age of 23. Granted she is 18.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Of course, don't you watch movies and tv?
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Of course, don't you watch movies and tv?

Actually, I don't.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    "Teen love" is not the same as love (for sake of argument we'll call it "mature love"), its more like infatuation and crazed hormones.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Agent 008 wrote: »
    Actually, I don't.

thats why your all fucked up.

Love comes and goes. If you look for it.

You wont have shit sitting on your ass everyday posting

here crying about life.

Its a large planet go explore. :thumbsdown:
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    "Teen love" is not the same as love (for sake of argument we'll call it "mature love"), its more like infatuation and crazed hormones.

this, you confuse lust for love.
    edited February 2011
    this, you confuse lust for love.

Not really.

When you're a teen, you lust after every girl, but you only really think about one.
  • lazybumlazybum Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    in psych, love is just a combination of interest and happiness *there's 10 basic emotions, all the other emotions are a combo of these 10* so if u're interested about a girl and she makes u happy, that's called love bro
    edited March 2011
    lazybum wrote: »
    in psych, love is just a combination of interest and happiness *there's 10 basic emotions, all the other emotions are a combo of these 10* so if u're interested about a girl and she makes u happy, that's called love bro

But that's not the same as the chemical cocktail you have when you're 14/15 and find yourself in love.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited March 2011
    Agent 008 wrote: »

Thing is, with all my current affairs, I can't help but compare the intensity with the standard that was set when I was younger. And the high is not nearly the same, it's not even close, which is a bit depressing. Perhaps I'm not alone in this, and it's one of the reasons why people turn to drugs?

Yeah. Nothing beats the rush and pleasure of being in a new relationship. The thrill of the chase. But into your mid twenties and on, jumping from relationship to relationship is often not possible, or easy to do, as many women and men want to settle down...and do.
  • i<3Shroomsi<3Shrooms Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Find the right one and you can sip that chemical cocktail allll day long :)

You need to be around people who share your passions, interests, and general mindset about life...there are fluctuations on the spectrum as with everything else, but when it comes, you will know.

But I can tell you one thing, be positive and confident, and you will not only attract a girl you love, but one that actually is a catch, and thinks the same of you. Just be yourself, be sure, certain, and comfortable; and read books. xD

Thats all I really need to say..

Good luck on your hunt!