The private you and the public you

Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
edited March 2011 in Life
The you that you know when you are on your own, especially for longer periods of time, and the you that people know - how different are those?

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    The private me is like the public me. I just think more about the darker side of my mind more, that's all.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    I try to be the same at all times. I guess the private me is more serious though.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited February 2011
    "A man has as many social selves as there are individuals who recognize him." - William James.

I'm more goal-oriented while alone.
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Gallows wrote: »
    "A man has as many social selves as there are individuals who recognize him." - William James.

That seems to be true.

I mean, many things stay the same, but I can say that very few people really know me.

Then again, after living a while without others, you realize that perhaps it is interactions without that even make the "you", and without them the concept doesn't even make much sense.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    The private me and the public me are two different people. The public me can be anything it needs to be in order to the job done. The private me is carved in stone and does not change.
  • edited February 2011
    The public me is a lot different to the private me. No one really knows that I sit at home posting on fringe forums and reading about network security. It's a whole different person to be honest - one which my friends probably wouldn't like very much.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    public me faps more. but really, i consider myself the same, i can agree with the goals part, when i'm alone i have more time to focus on me and what i want. when with friends that just goes in order 2 have a good time.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    I got 4 mes..

I'll give you all 4.

if you want.
  • lazybumlazybum Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    When I'm by myself, I'm alot more intelligent lol, maybe that's because I dont have to worry about being the fucking funny guy and act like a retard and say DERP things....
    Be urself to urself and act as somebody better around others
    thats what this whole society is fucking based on