Buying Headphones

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2011 in Life
Headphones are a vital part for any Audiophile. I love building Surround sound systems and configuring them. Currently my system is capable of doing 7.1 but I don't have a AVR. But if you just use 3 different stereo units you can make a good old 5.1 Surround easily. Since, one of my circuits [which was actually a bare dirt cheap circuit] got pwned, I am now left with 4 Channels.

The sound isn't good-by any standards. Since the units are custom-made and are really poor when it comes to Audio performance, I rarely get to enjoy anything.

So, I tried using Philips Headphones [borrowed from Raven] and they were decent but nothing special. Then I tried some other headphones and none of them were any good. Raven then gave me his old Altec Lansing headphones. I had to repair them but they did perform well. Used them for months but one side was broken and 24 hours ago they get fucked. I was thinking about repairing them but then raven offered me some other headphones which I am currently wearing. They're from HKT company and compared to what he is using these are shit.

I am not a fan of noise cancellation headphones or those pointed ones but I can see why majority likes them.

So, to cut short, I had my share of desperate times with headphones. I prefer speakers but in reality headphones are handy when you need to cancel out the world. I need to write things here and there, I would love to cancel everything out.

So, I checked some websites and it seems Original Altec Lansing Headphones are now available.
Link: http://www.galaxy.com.pk/headphone.htm
I am NOT a fan of Razer since I don't game and they're a bit expensive. I am in favor of;
ALTEC LANSING MUZX-IN EAR EARPHONE (MHP136AP)
ALTEC LANSING MUZX-IN EAR EARPHONE (MHP306AP)

I like the MHP136AP better due to its superior audio performance and plus IT's FUCKING WOOD! But users have complaint about it and this really doesn't go well with me. The other headphones are a bit expensive then the rest but it does offer some extra features.

In short, I will be ordering 306 or 136 on Monday. Help me decide which is best. Oh btw, you can check the list and recommend other brands but it's Pakistan and these are the best I can find using the power of Internet.

Comments