MMORPG: World of the Living Dead

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
I just received my Beta testers key for this and fuck! It's addictive as meth. Some screens
wotld.png

inventoryx.png

Wiki: http://wotld.wikia.com/wiki

Just wondering if anyone else has a Beta key or knows any info about this game. I will be happy to answer any questions, but I've only been playing an hour or so.
Fuck academic work, I WILL SURVIVE! (anyone who knows me knows I am obsessed with the Post Apocalypse genre)

Comments

• SemSem Regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks highly addictive. I'm waiting for my Beta key now. :)
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Never played an MMORPG. Seems interesting.

*Requested Beta key.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited February 2011
    How long did it take for you to get a key? I just requested one.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it mostly text-based?
    edited February 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Is it mostly text-based?
    STFU please.

Thanks.
    edited February 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    STFU please.

Thanks.

no u
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    How long for a key? About a week? I forgot about the email until yesterday.

Text based? Well it's mostly point 'n' click, incorporating a turn-based move. Like you can only walk so far on a journey before having to click "Go" again as you have to increase your team's stamina etc. Pretty well designed.
    edited February 2011
    Ah I see. Looked text-based from the screenies. I've been wanting a good casual text-based game to play for awhile, but I'll check this one out :)
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    So is it truly a "survival" game or do you kill lots of shit too?
    edited February 2011
    It's a bit of both from what I can gather. In moving through neighbourhoods to survive and scavenge, plus finding other survivors/factions, you kill zombies with weapons you have

http://wotld.wikia.com/wiki/Firearms
    http://wotld.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Also I have a Beta invite (just the 1) if anyone wants it now. PM me your email and I can send it. First come, first serve.
    edited March 2011
    I finally got my beta code. Anyone else get one yet?
    edited March 2011
    I have 3 members in my team now and 2 safehouses. One outside the City and one on the West side of the City. Just have to start long-term plans now. Hope you enjoy the time playing, tw ;)
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone else have an invite? I'll give it a go.
    edited March 2011
    I don't have any invites, how do you get them?
    edited March 2011
    I got my code today. Want it?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I got my code today. Want it?

You know I want it. lol

Please.

Thank you.

Taylor Swift is the most beautiful talented person ever. A goddess, she should be canonized after her death.

That help?
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited March 2011
    Well I have requested a key from the site so we'll see how it goes.
    edited March 2011
    I found a kid to add to my squad! Also built my 2nd safehouse and have a fucking epic arsenal of shotguns, pistols, assault rifles and melee weapons. Now to chill and recover my fatigue/fear levels :cool:

And if we are staying with music, remember that kid I found? Well time to lock him in my safehouse.
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    You know I want it. lol

Please.

Thank you.

Taylor Swift is the most beautiful talented person ever. A goddess, she should be canonized after her death.

That help?
    I used the key already and quit the game. Haha.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I used the key already and quit the game. Haha.

Douche, Taylor Swift would be very disappointed with you.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    looks shit
  • lazybumlazybum Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    do they try to make you use real money to win the game?
    like is it restrictive on ur char if you dont use real money
    to buy items / upgrades to play? or is it all free
  • xionousxionous Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    lazybum wrote: »
    do they try to make you use real money to win the game?
    like is it restrictive on ur char if you dont use real money
    to buy items / upgrades to play? or is it all free

Most online games that are free have an item shop to use real money to buy items but i have rarely heard of one that requires you to buy items to win, in 99% of the cases buying items just helps you win faster. The reason for this is because a free game has to generate revenue to stay alive it costs lots of money to run servers to host a game especially when having a proper internet connection comes into play. Renting a server to host games on is also expensive most cost $130+ USD a month to rent. There are a lot of great free games out there that wouldn't be possible if it weren't for RMT ( Real Money Trade ).
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    MMORPG's are stupidly addictive if you love the game that ever ends?! i got the the stage with FFXI when it was first released playing fro 16 hours a day non stop for like 3 months ! got max gil in game sold it all to a chineese company and quit with no life and £3000 so on average was earning about £750 a month ish :P
  • lazybumlazybum Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    well, money makes the world go round
    edited May 2011
    Doing pretty well in it now. Somewhere like level 26, and upgraded my characters nicely. Been a few updates to add realism to the game, such as degradable items, different calorie requirements and delivering/collecting Lab samples and Equipment to work towards giving the Humans the upper hand.

Screens:
    FireShot%20capture%20%23155%20-%20%27World%20of%20the%20Living%20Dead%27%20-%20worldofthelivingdead_com_equipment_show_squad_id%3D10924.jpg

FireShot%20capture%20%23156%20-%20%27World%20of%20the%20Living%20Dead%27%20-%20worldofthelivingdead_com_equipment_show_squad_id%3D10924.jpg

I also have 5 invites if anyone PMs me an email to send one to.

Oh, and it's free. You have the option to spend RL money on "NECRA Points" but you don't have to. Doesn't do too much other than give you some upgrades which you can get through non monetary means.