Hacking WEP keys

kidgokidgo Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
hey we have been restricted for excessive use over the last 24 hours and now am looking to errrm acess my next door neighbours router has anyone got any guides on how i would achieve this as have not done such a thing b4?!!!

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    Just go ask, you never they mite just say yes
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    naaa my neighbours hate me since i threw a massive party and people were pissing in their driveways!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Try this... or this...
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    thanks man
  • edited March 2011
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=simple_wep_crack

This is the tutorial I used when I was learning how to do this. I found it to be the best one out there, providing the best results and being very easy to follow. I highly suggest it!
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    any software you know of that will work in windows or do i need a linux emulator ?
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think you'll be able to do it using the Windows OS, sorry bro. I burned myself a copy of Backtrack 4 and just booted the Live CD. You might be able to get it working with VMWare, but I think there are some driver compatibility issues or something which stops it from working.
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    when i do it will i get the passphrase in raw txt or will it just crack the connection ? because i want it connecting my pc on windows
  • edited March 2011
    Once you've cracked it, the password will be presented for you in plain text. Then you'll be able to write the key down, boot in windows and then connect to the WiFi with the password :thumbsup:

I suggest changing your MAC address before you connect though, and make sure your computer name isn't something which will give away who you are. If the neighbors check their router's attached devices, you'll stick out like a sore thumb.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=simple_wep_crack

This is the tutorial I used when I was learning how to do this. I found it to be the best one out there, providing the best results and being very easy to follow. I highly suggest it!

This. muy bueno.
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    last MAC address i tried changing fucked up my pc roally!
  • edited March 2011
    kidgo wrote: »
    last MAC address i tried changing fucked up my pc roally!

Lmfao, it shouldn't do bro. If you're on Windows, use SMAC. If you're on Linux and still using that Backtrack disc, then use macchanger. It's really simple to do, takes less than a minute and won't mess anything up.

How are you getting on with the WEP cracking?
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    well just drove down the road and stole someone elses intewrnet to download linux - installed it ill do it tomorrow when i wake up now - really cant be arsed at the moment!
  • starfox223starfox223 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Nothing wep cracking related ever works on windows. In my experience at least.
  • edited March 2011
    When you boot Backtrack, make sure that you enable networking before doing anything! You can find that option in the menu under the Services tab, or you can open a terminal and type in;

/etc/init.d/networking start
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    open a terminal and type in;

/etc/init.d/networking start

Careful now, don't want to scare him, all this talk about terminals and shit.
  • edited March 2011
    ^ Well the whole concept of cracking the WEP key revolves around using a terminal, so he's got to use it at some point! :P
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    hush im not that much or an n00bie ...... im using aircrack ... its 100% terminal based program :P
  • edited March 2011
    kidgo wrote: »
    hush im not that much or an n00bie ...... im using aircrack ... its 100% terminal based program :P

Nice one dude :) Hope you're doing good. In short, here's what you should be aiming to do...

1.Start your network card on the same channel as the access point you want to crack.
    2. Test to see if injection is working!
    3. Start Airodump
    4. Fake authentication with the AP - you might need to use a MAC address which already exists on the network, effectively fooling the router into thinking that you're a computer which is already on the network.
    5. Start Aireplay in ARP request mode.
    6. Crack the key.

Obviously you'll need to read that tutorial I posted in order to get a better understanding of it :)
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    BUMP.

Alright, I just burned Backtrack 4, just boot right now right?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    BUMP.

Alright, I just burned Backtrack 4, just boot right now right?

Yup, good luck.
    edited March 2011
    Fuck I didn't burn the .iso as a bootable disc. Fucking hate macs.
  • edited March 2011
    Haha, nice one. After you've managed to successfully boot in Backtrack, do this to start networking...

UV.png
    edited March 2011
    The tut. doesn't help shit.

It says,

" This tutorial walks you though a very simple case to crack a WEP key. It is intended to build your basic skills and get you familiar with the concepts. It assumes you have a working wireless card with drivers already patched for injection."

The hell? Ugh, I have to reburn it now.
  • edited March 2011
    It should work straight out of the box. If not, install the madwifi drivers and you're good to go.
    edited March 2011
    Is any wireless card compatible?

I got a Netgear n600 wireless dual band.
  • edited March 2011
    Have a look through this - http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php

There are a few links in there which might give you some help in determining if you're compatible or not. Personally, I'd just give it a shot and see if it works straight away :D
    edited March 2011
    :thumbsup:

Burning the DVD AGAIN using ImgBurn on Windows 7.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm sorry if it's seeming a little confusing right now. Backtrack/Linux in general is a very big difference to Windows or Mac, involving a lot of learning and reading in order to get things working.

Stick at it though :D Oh yeah, make sure there are clients connected to the wireless point you're trying to crack. The more traffic there is on the network, the easier it is to capture IV's.
    edited March 2011
    I boot up Backtrack 4 Live CD and got this:

root@bt:~# _

Do I start typing the commands now?

Nvm, I did it and the interface/chipster/driver tabs showed up but there is no info below it.
  • edited March 2011
    Start the Backtrack GUI at that screen by typing "Startx" :D
    edited March 2011
    Is it going to install Backtrack? I don't want to install it or anything.
  • edited March 2011
    Noooo. It's not going to install anything unless you click on the "install.sh" file which is on the desktop. Just start the GUI with Startx, then start networking (which I showed in that screenshot earlier in the thread). Then get on with the tutorial :thumbsup:
    edited March 2011
    Yeah but I don't think it installed my wireless card. I'm wired right now and when I scanned with the Wcid crap, not networks show up. I check out the Madwifi drivers site and all the links are dead. snapshot1zl.png

OS is shit. :mad: