Bandwidth Use - Does this look right?

edited March 2011 in Tech & Games
Dj.png

I've been playing TF2 today for about 2 hours - is 129GB of download right? It seems extremely high to me!

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Dj.png

I've been playing TF2 today for about 2 hours - is 129GB of download right? It seems extremely high to me!

Holy shit, I was thinking yeah it looks fine. but then, 2 hours? No that doesn't look right.
  • edited March 2011
    I think that program must be glitching then, because I just played for another 20 minutes and the download number has shot up to 156GB :facepalm:

Must be glitching. Piece of shit!
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited March 2011
    Your connection would have to be almost 18MB/s constantly downloading to make that.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I think that program must be glitching then, because I just played for another 20 minutes and the download number has shot up to 156GB :facepalm:

Must be glitching. Piece of shit!

Yeah sounds like it, hence the reason I never liked bandwidth meters, they often fail completely. You could host a 32 man TF2 server 24/7 with people in and out maxing that servers capacity out and you wont come close to 100GB of bandwidth used in a month. Probably far less than even Totse's 60GB in a month.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Are you transferring anything using LAN? You must have configured it incorrectly.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, it's all configured correctly. It's been working well for the last few months but recently decided to have a massive spazz. I uninstalled it and decided to leave it all as it's not really something I need any more :D Thanks for the suggestions though.