Angry Birds

Has anyone played the Iphone/Android app called Angry Birds? It's fantastic, and an amazing game. You basically have to shoot a bird at some blob things using a catapult. Here, have a video demonstration...

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    DUH.

I got it on my iPhone and occasionally play it when I'm bored. What got me pissed is that the recent 1.50 update deleted my stats so I gotta start all over again.

Have you tried it on the Mac? It's fucking amazing.
  • edited January 2011
    Haven't tried it on the Mac, no. I started from the beginning the other day and I'm trying to complete the whole thing. There's also another one out called "Angry Birds Seasons" which has Christmas and Halloween themed levels :D
  • randomcheeseguyrandomcheeseguy Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    its seriously kick ass when played on iPad
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited January 2011
    Old. It was an awesome game back when it first hit the app store but now it's so overplayed by everyone. When my dad sent me a text asking me how to beat one of the levels I just figured it was time to give it a rest :facepalm:

lol ur dad needs cheatcodes.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2011
    I sat on the behind a woman on the train today playing some kind of chopping fruit game where fruit would fly on the screen and you would chop them using your fingers. She played it for about an hour.

I was later told that that game had made the authors millions of dollars.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I sat on the behind a woman on the train today playing some kind of chopping fruit game where fruit would fly on the screen and you would chop them using your fingers. She played it for about an hour.

Welcome to the 21st century. You don't need a quality product when you have marketing skills.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Never played it but heard lots about it.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011

You mean Fruit Ninja?

fruit_ninja_02.jpg

And BTW Mayberry, it is a quality game. It's pure innovation. Much better than the other generic game modes like FPS and racing.
    Not to mention it's cheap, entertaining, and a great time killer.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh kool. But it's still a generic statement that holds true :o
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited January 2011
    hell yea. if you like iphone games, try the "Alpine Crawler" set of games. only two out now, but they're fun. side scrolling car driving game basically.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited January 2011
    I have Angry Birds on my Droid X. It's a fun way to kill time on the subway or during a lonely cigarette break at work.
  • edited January 2011
    I love angry birds. The "blob things" are pigs by the way. Great time killer.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Torrent for Windows [x86/64]: http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2525019/33316389/

Tested and working.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    My girlfriend doesn't stop playing this. Stupid birds getting all my action...
  • edited February 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Torrent for Windows [x86/64]: http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2525019/33316389/

Tested and working.

Nice dude, didn't realize you could get this to run on a Windows platform. Thanks for the post :D
  • edited February 2011
    I was about to complain about not being able to play it, but now I have the torrent in progress. Thanx guyz!
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    its seriously kick ass when played on iPad

Absolutely this. It's alright on iPhone/Android (I've played on both) but iPad has a much higher resolution and you can get a lot more finesse on your shots.

Shit was addictive. I got three stars on every single level, apart from two stars on two of the Christmas ones which I just can't figure out. I don't play it anymore now though, kinda got Angry Birds fatigue.
  • edited February 2011
    This game is quite addictive, and it's great when I have to kill a little time waiting for something to finish downloading. It has gone viral in my household and it seems like everyone is "chucking birds" whenever they have a spare moment to kill. I played "war" on the Apple IIe when I was 10, and "Scorched Earth" on my 386, and it's neat to see the evolution of the ballistic game.

C/O
    "got you, now drink"
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited February 2011
    Got Angry Birds for my Mac and finding it very addictive.
  • edited February 2011
    MrBenn wrote: »
    Got Angry Birds for my Mac and finding it very addictive.

I don't blame you. I just love how many levels there are for such an awesome game. Apparently there was an update last night which I remember downloading before I went to sleep, but I haven't yet played it so I'm not sure what it was all about.

Any ideas?
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited February 2011
    There's a similar kind of game called Cut the Rope, check it out it's pretty fun.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited February 2011
    +1 cut the rope. good game
  • SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
    edited March 2011
    I need to upgrade to an Iphone apparently or get an Ipad, both are so damn expensive.
  • edited March 2011
    Speedbags wrote: »
    I need to upgrade to an Iphone apparently or get an Ipad, both are so damn expensive.

HTC FTW dude.