I was cockblocked!

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited July 2010 in Life
So today I decided to start talking to random people, as seen by the other thread. There was a self help seminar, so I went in and sat around with everyone. There was only three other people there, and one was a chick in my age group.

I was nervous as hell, but she talked to me every so often, and I like to think she was looking at me at once point. Not sure.

Anyway, I said something funny, and she laughed. Things were going good.

Suddenly this other guy said "what the fuck, you liar" even though I wasn't lying, I was joking! :( Jokes are basically implied lies. He said it, and the room went quiet, and my face went red. I could feel it. I didn't say anything, and then the seminar continued and eventually I left.

FUCK!

Oh I should point out I didn't even want to score with her because women are gross no homo, but I did want to make some friends at least. Now everybody there probably thinks I'm a liar.

ITT: Talk about times you were cock blocked, or cock blocking in general.

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Next time have a line ready like "Chill, dude, it was a joke" or something like "Sense of humor, man. Do you have one?" That way you put the pressure back on him.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Next time have a line ready like "Chill, dude, it was a joke" or something like "Sense of humor, man. Do you have one?" That way you put the pressure back on him.

Definitely don't have the courage to do that just yet. But yeah, this uhh talking to people thing is breaking me out of my shell.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah man you shouldn't have kept silent. Gotta earn some respect from niggas that interrupt you like that.
  • Oink The PigOink The Pig Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    you hear that - those are your balls shrinking. didn't think it was possible because they were already so small, but they can always get smaller mate
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    wat i cant hav small balls motherfucka
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »

Thaaaaaaaaat :mad::mad::mad:

Okay I'm not really mad but reading that frustrates me a lot. I want to take a time machine back to that moment in your body
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Man don't get punked off just say something like "hey I wasn't talking to you now butt out" or "do you want fucking train marks around your eyes kid?".
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited July 2010
    Man don't get punked off just say something like "hey I wasn't talking to you now butt out" or "do you want fucking train marks around your eyes kid?".

lol Damn

I don't usually advise the violent route but describing how you'd fuck his shit up is still better than saying nothing
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    It seems you have encountered what many people refer to as a "douchebag." when you encounter one of these, use phrases such as "fuck off," or "mind your own goddamn business" to make them go away. If these do not work, you may be forced to beat a niggas ass.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Good work dude.
  • abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful you simply should of said "Mate, it was a joke. Do you know what that means?" or "Mate, I was kidding around, lighten the fuck up emo"
    edited July 2010
  • MasterMaster Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    It seems you have encountered what many people refer to as a "douchebag." when you encounter one of these, use phrases such as "fuck off," or "mind your own goddamn business" to make them go away. If these do not work, you may be forced to beat a niggas ass.

This is even funnier when you read it in the voice of the host of unsolved mysteries, lol.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    What did you say that made him call you a liar?
  • GrenGren Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Cockblocked? I don't use my cock for making friends personally, just sayin'.
    edited July 2010
    Gren wrote: »
    Cockblocked? I don't use my cock for making friends personally, just sayin'.

5040260a2c426a753.jpg
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    Guy probably thinks hes a player and wanted to show you that he is the biggest rooster on that pile of shit. By remaining silent, you proved to everyone that you allow yourself to be dominated by him. :(
    edited July 2010
    Rupture wrote: »
    Guy probably thinks hes a player and wanted to show you that he is the biggest rooster on that pile of shit. By remaining silent, you proved to everyone that you allow yourself to be dominated by him. :(

This is true. Guys like that often follow one of two patterns. Some start shit expecting people to stay quiet so they can look cool. They will back down if you don't stand for it. The other kind start shit to look cool and will continue their bullshit if you challenge them, because they either want attention, just like being a douchebag or think they know everything and are, therefore, deluded.

Both are easy enough to defeat. The best thing to do is to stand up for yourself, but not to be extreme about it. If you stand up for yourself, a lot of times people like that will back down. If they do, you win as long as you don't act like a bigger douche than him. If they don't back down, then you need to basically take a step back, act very calm and be the reasonable person. Say something like "whoa dude you need to chill out" "relax, it was a joke, you know? Humor?" That way the pressure is on the other guy for acting like a douche and people will side with you, making him the idiot in front of everyone.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    my ex was about to let me fuck her but then her friends talked her into breaking up with me (i have a shitload of enemies where i used to live). stupid cunt anyway to let her friends convince her, but she was kind of cute
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dunno if that falls into to the category of cock blocking, still, that guy sounds like an ass.

What everyone else is saying is true though. A simple, "Chill out, bud, it's a joke," would have worked just fine. The girl would have liked watching you stand up for yourself and later on if you were to end up hanging out with her outside of the seminar you would be able to have a laugh about the douche with no sense of humor.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    So today I decided to start talking to random people, as seen by the other thread. There was a self help seminar, so I went in and sat around with everyone. There was only three other people there, and one was a chick in my age group.

I was nervous as hell, but she talked to me every so often, and I like to think she was looking at me at once point. Not sure.

Anyway, I said something funny, and she laughed. Things were going good.

Suddenly this other guy said "what the fuck, you liar" even though I wasn't lying, I was joking! :( Jokes are basically implied lies. He said it, and the room went quiet, and my face went red. I could feel it. I didn't say anything, and then the seminar continued and eventually I left.

FUCK!

Oh I should point out I didn't even want to score with her because women are gross no homo, but I did want to make some friends at least. Now everybody there probably thinks I'm a liar.

ITT: Talk about times you were cock blocked, or cock blocking in general.

You should've reacted this way...

"Apparently you do not know the definition of humor you rude shitbag (<insert racial/biting remark). You will adress me as sir, and if you treat me with disrespect again... It will be the last thing you do." Say that quickly, then go right back to flirting with the girl. If he wants to fight about it, kill him.