The importance of discipline

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm having an argument with my wife over how to raise our son, and I would like to hear your perspectives on disciplining children.

This all started because last night I came home from the bar to find my son had left his toys all over the floor. In my house you clean up after yourself or you face the consequences. He was in bed asleep, but I yanked him out of bed by his wrist and beat him till the little coward wet himself. It really made me sick to watch the sniveling little shit cry on the floor in a puddle of his own piss, but god damn it he WILL learn to obey my rules. Of course during all of this my wife is screaming and crying saying that I'm "drunk" and "quit hurting him" and throwing herself in front of me, I had to push her down on the floor multiple times before I could finish giving him his medicine.

My father was a good strong christian man and when my brothers or I would get out of line, we knew we were in for a thrashing. He would beat the living shit out of us, especially when he was drinking but he knew that discipline was the key to raising a responsible citizen. He would come home late at night a few times a week, wake up my brothers and I, and have us line up against the wall and recite bible verses. God help us if we had forgotten or screwed up the verse he chose for us to recite. I remember watching him beat my older brother to a pulp for one such transgression, he went off to the hospital with a fractured orbital and a ruptured spleen. We were forbidden to avert our eyes when one of the family or even our mother was being punished.

He made men out of us and so help me god I will make a man out of my son even if I kill him trying.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    You gotta beat your kids.

You know why so many Chinks are so smart? Because their parents beat their asses.
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Discipline is good and therefore we shall discipline our children. Fuck, I wish everyone did, so we didn't have to sit through crying brats bawling their eyes out on a train.

Yeah, keep it up...admittedly, the piss wasn't as far as I was taken as a child....maybe your son is just weak.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    My Parents were pretty Liberal when I was growing up. Thankfully I've done all the "cool" shit before I was 18 and now am bored of it. That's more than can be said for the Hispter cunts who's Daddy's left them and feel the need to rebel.

He'll only hate you if you control him too much. I have a few mates who are young fathers and have taken a more hands-off approach to certain aspects of life and so far have done a pretty damn good job.
  • AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited March 2011
    You're not funny.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited March 2011
    I was abused as a child. Now I am bitter and overly sensitive.
    Fixed.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited March 2011
    You should have made him lick his piss after. Than wash his mouth out with soap for being such a filthy heathen. Then burn his flesh to make new soap, he shouldn't have tried to eat all your fucking soap. Then pepper spray the shit of his eyes, you don't care if he's crying, he shouldn't be crying like a fucking woman. Then you should give him a stern talking to.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    This is why you beat them preemptively!
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm guessing this is a troll post.

But for the sake of discussion...

I was beat 6 out of 7 days every week, from the time I can remember when I was a kid. My first step-father was in the Air Force, SSgt.. I usually got home from school about an hour before him. I used that hour to make sure EVERYTHING in the house was and perfect as it could be. But it was never good enough. After my mother divorced him, she took over whooping my ass. Till I was 17, and I hit her back.

I don't think getting beat all the time helped me much in life, I mean shit, I am posting on &T. The only thing it really accomplished is making me a hard mean fucker. Usually my first response when someone pisses me off is to hit them. And that isn't right.

That being said. I think corporal punishment is warranted, when the child is or has done something that would get them killed or seriously injured. For example, Me and my girlfriend were crossing the street, and her daughter pull away from her and started running across the street, and very nearly got hit by a car. Luckily the person in the car was paying attention. That she needed to be swatted for.

And by hitting I mean 1 maybe 2 swats on the ass or hand, depending on the circumstance.