Operation Backlink

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
When searching bad ideas on google, zok's totse archive is #2, while we are on page infinity. This is very bad, because we all know that half of the totseans came because of BI, including myself. Therefore BI needs some backlinks.

How to boost our google rating:

*Comments on blogs; in the "website" field put http://www.totse.info/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14
*If you have a thousand something posts on another forum, put a single pixel link in your sig like this. . People probably won't find it but googlebots will.
*If you own a website, Include a hidden page with a link to BI. Make sure that it is included in your sitemap or googlebots won't find it.

We need to be #1 on the search for "Bad Ideas"

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think this is a bad idea.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Gimme 48 hours or less. It will reach the top :). You might see tons of BI content here and there. I would need to do some proper SEO to reach the top.
  • edited April 2011
    When searching bad ideas on google, zok's totse archive is #2, while we are on page infinity. This is very bad, because we all know that half of the totseans came because of BI, including myself. Therefore BI needs some backlinks.

How to boost our google rating:

*Comments on blogs; in the "website" field put http://www.totse.info/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14
    *If you have a thousand something posts on another forum, put a single pixel link in your sig like this. . People probably won't find it but googlebots will.
    *If you own a website, Include a hidden page with a link to BI. Make sure that it is included in your sitemap or googlebots won't find it.

We need to be #1 on the search for "Bad Ideas"

The idea of having backlinks is to have some GOOD keywords in your links. Putting a single pixel in a link to BI isn't half as good as putting "TOTSE Bad Ideas" or something similar!
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    The idea of having backlinks is to have some GOOD keywords in your links. Putting a single pixel in a link to BI isn't half as good as putting "TOTSE Bad Ideas" or something similar!

Googlebots don't give a fuck.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011
    dfg have you setup the rss feed to be posted automatically to social networking sites? If not, I would recommend doing so.

Hootsuite and twitterfeed are two websites I'd recommend for advertisement in this area (fb, twitter, myspace, etc).
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited April 2011
    Ok so they do then.

Now how do we get BI on google?
  • edited April 2011
    Ok so they do then.

Now how do we get BI on google?

Backlinks, like you said. Just with the correct anchor text, such as "Totse bad ideas". Get a lot of traffic directed at BI (preferably through these links) and we'll start heading up the ranks.
  • edited May 2011
    Why is this a sticky in BI? It's a pretty bad idea but I don't think it warrants a sticky, do you?