What's the best way to break into a vehicle?

edited April 2011 in Man Cave
What would be the best way of breaking into a vehicle, such as a car or van? I was looking around the internet and didn't really dig up much information other than that on a certain, extremely shitty car, you can unlock the door using a tennis ball :facepalm: Anyway, would the window be the best method?

Is it possible to jimmy open a car window a little bit, and then push it down into the door of the car? This way, there would be no broken glass at all and no noise made.

I was also thinking about taping the window up and then using a ninja-rock to smash it, just like you can do when breaking into a building. Any ideas?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Seems like whatever you try, the alarm will just go off anyway. I'm thinking that the best way would probably be to just smash it, grab your loot and get the fuck out of there as quickly as possible. That way, there would be minimal effort on your part, a quick entry and escape, and less time for someone to see what you're up to.

Amirite?
  • edited April 2011
    Well if you just wanna break in.... Ninja rox?

http://www.allproducts.com/handtools/homesoon/01-443.html

or one of those glass hammers.... I remember seeing a crackhead use it to great effect on bumfights a few yrs ago in LV parking lots...
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Spark plug to the window my friend. ;)

The white part of a plug break it into pieces then throw it and shatter

the glass.

As for alarms, well you got me on that one.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    With a bit of skill, a car door lock can fairly easily be picked with a double sided wafer pick.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    A) A4 Sized paper.
    B) Some Tape.
    C) Go behind the car and tape the A4 paper directly in line with the rear view mirror.
    D) Go hide some place and wait for the driver to come.
    E) Driver wont notice the paper but once he drives back, he will notice the paper and get of the car to remove it.
    F) Jump him when he comes out, steal his mobile phone and wallet and take the car away.

These types of attacks are common in Karachi, most people stop the car and use guns to get the driver out.
  • edited April 2011
    With a bit of skill, a car door lock can fairly easily be picked with a double sided wafer pick.

Please, can you explain a little more? This sounds interesting, and I recall reading about this when I was reading some random PDF file on lockpicking :) I don't care about alarms - let's say that our target car is too old to even have one. Elaborate, please :D
  • edited April 2011
    ^ I just wanted to know a little more about the double wafer lock and how easily it could be picked. I'm actually curious now - you mentioned that they can be picked using a tension wrench and a regular pick? That's pretty cool - how long would this take? (Assuming you had a good set of picks, and average experience).

Also, this would unlock the door as if it were a real key, so there'd be no alarms, right?
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Please, can you explain a little more? This sounds interesting, and I recall reading about this when I was reading some random PDF file on lockpicking :) I don't care about alarms - let's say that our target car is too old to even have one. Elaborate, please :D

All that much skill may not even be necessary as shown in this video.

It irritates me a little bit to see a guy with fancy tools like that just trying to jiggle the lock open. Whatever works I guess.

The tension wrench he uses isn't needed. You would want one that looks more like this:
    Tension%20wrench%20forked.gif

If the car is really old, it won't even have double-sided wafer locks.
  • edited April 2011
    Spark plug to the window my friend. ;)

The white part of a plug break it into pieces then throw it and shatter

the glass.

As for alarms, well you got me on that one.

The ceramic parts of spark plugs are in essence ninja rocks, are they not?
  • edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »

Hahahaha You could tell she was half-assing the throw :P
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd say the best way would be to wrap the whole cabin area with a horizontal length of detcord and cut the top of the car off. Then just push the entire upper section onto the ground, jump in, loot the interior, then run off into the night, laughing maniacally.

In all seriousness, a modern car is going to be very difficult to break into without setting off the alarm, so it's probably best to use a brute force method and divert the tactical effort into planning a rapid and effective escape.