Portal 2

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hoooly Shit. I can't wait for this game! It looks awesome, and none of the videos have disappointed me at all.

I mean, look at these specs;

PC System Requirements
Processor: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 (or higher) or AMD64X2 (or higher)
Memory: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
Video: Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).
Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible

I mean, REALLY?

I'm so excited. Who else is CREAMING for Portal 2?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Played Portal 1, wasn't that bad. But I don't mind giving this one a shot.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited February 2011
    I'm all set for it:thumbsup:
    My new pc can play anything.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    It looks interesting. I've heard great things about the first one but never got around to playing it. Too bad my computer is too shitty to play the new one.
  • edited February 2011
    Portal 2 is going to be fantastic. If my shitty laptop refuses to play it I might have to just kill myself
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Is the cake real this time?
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who can't run Source games. Your hardware must really, really suck.

But yeah Portal 2 is going to be fucking awesome.
  • edited February 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who can't run Source games. Your hardware must really, really suck.

I use a laptop. The original HL2 game runs fine, but as they started making the games prettier I started to have to decrease my settings. I can still play them just fine, but not at maximum awesome. Portal created some graphical lag issues for me because of the portal rendering as well as very quick movements, but at lower settings I can play just fine.

But, have you seen Portal 2? It looks amazing. It looks like they took a huge step up in graphics, which will inevitably tax the system resources more. So I'll probably be able to play it, just not at any graphics setting that actually does it justice.
  • edited February 2011
    Looking forward to this game's release, it's going to be hugely epic. Just got to make sure I have enough money left over in order to buy it!
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this game's release, it's going to be hugely epic. Just got to make sure I have enough money left over in order to buy it!

I'd recommend pre-order to ensure you have money to play it first day of release.
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Very very excited for this! I loved Portal, and the requirements for Portal 2 are quite reasonable...nothing crazy at least.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
  • cpktcpkt Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    Portal 1 was awesome, so I hope Portal 2 will be even better! :)
  • LococobLococob Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    I'v already Preordered it. :)

It does look REALLY Great, and I LOVED the first one. So I don't think Portal 2 has any chance of disappointment.
  • edited March 2011
    I wonder what the soundtrack is going to be like in this game... The original Portal had an amazing soundtrack, and everyone loved the song called "Still Alive". I wonder what they're going to do for the next one... Is Jonathon Coulton going to write another song? :D Who knows, but they're gonna have to pull something out of their ass for it.
  • edited April 2011
    Preordered (which I don't tend to ever do) and hopefully will have a new PC ready to go for it also!
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Is the cake real this time?

The cake was real last time
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    Since today is the opening release of portal i thought this was apropriate 279985447.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303254046&Signature=pmqN1aFMY8V%2FvTgHdyoU7zTKNng%3D
  • edited April 2011
    ^ LOL, that's awesome. All my friends have been playing Portal all day long, but I didn't even get around to buying the game :facepalm:

Thirdrockfromthesun is STILL playing right now. What a bongo.
    edited April 2011
    lol it was basically a professor telling his class that all of his 4/19 classes are canceled because portal 2 is out:p
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, Reviews have so far given it the highest ratings of the year, and I agree.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited May 2011
    it was pretty bad ass.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2011
    I finished it last weekend,I have to say that its the best game I've played in awhile.Although the puzzles didn't seem as hard as in portal 1 they made it very enjoyable.
    edited May 2011
    The dialogue was pretty cool too.

SPAAAACEEEEE
  • edited June 2011
    I just played thru Portal for the first time; breezed thru it until final escape slash boss fight which took me as long as the rest of the game combined i think....

DLing Portal 2 now, I'm pretty stoooooked :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Just ended it, loved it. Had a strong crush on the computer voice, it gets pretty boring if you're playing it alone. It would be awesome if I played with someone else but still, I am glad I played it. Portal 1 and now portal 2 might be the only games I ended. I usually don't end games but the end credits and the special song were worth the effort. Highly recommended.
  • SujiSuji New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    shesh, this makes me want to go buy portal 2 even more since it seems like such an awesome game
  • edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Just ended it, loved it. Had a strong crush on the computer voice, it gets pretty boring if you're playing it alone. It would be awesome if I played with someone else but still, I am glad I played it. Portal 1 and now portal 2 might be the only games I ended. I usually don't end games but the end credits and the special song were worth the effort. Highly recommended.

Loool the bitch who does the computer voice is like 60
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Loool the bitch who does the computer voice is like 60
    I never said I would fuck her, I just love her voice nigga.
  • edited July 2011
    I still need to get this game but I don't have the money :( Someone should gift it to me on Steam, that would be good. I played through Portal 1 the other night just because for some reason, I hadn't unlocked the advanced chambers since I'd formatted recently. I also tried completing the camera and radio achievements - missed a couple of both :mad: Still, awesome game though and it was fun to play through even on the 2323th time.