Discussion Regarding Personal Information

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Recents events have forced me to revise the PI rule and make it more clear and add more guidelines such as handling and removal of the information along with punishment for posting it.

Current rule:
Do not post messages with credit card numbers, calling card numbers, passwords to private computer systems, other user's real names and personal info (which includes any information that can harm the person directly), or unsolicited phone numbers.

I think I need to clarify some points. These rules were placed few days ago and they aren't completely enforced in some cases.

The old rule basically allowed PI but anything remotely harmful like CCV etc. was removed on the spot. User wasn't warned or banned. There was a conflict of interest when the new policy was in place because not everyone was on the same page and I think we need to make it more clear.

How to Report/Check/Handle PI

For PI to be valid if must NOT be posted by the owner. For example if Spectral posts his name on Totse.info and later tells us he considers it PI and wants it removed and users banned, IT WILL NOT WORK. Whatever you post on totse.info becomes community/public property. Remmeber that.

PI will not be removed unless it's contested, it means as the victim you MUST report it to Admin/Mod etc. with some valid proof. Trying to trick someone will result in you getting kicked.

Mods are authorized to remove/report PI. If mod spot some information and consider it as PI they have can unapprove that post and investigate further.

PI only applies to Totseans. You can post Obama real name etc. But you cannot do that to a Totsean, that applies to users registered on totse.info and not other communities. However, if someone comes from other communites and requests removal the information will be removed but the user will not be banned unless he posts it again. A PM should be send to notify the user.

Users who abuse PI constantly will be kicked off the forums and moved to a restricted group and later banned from totse.info. If you can't respect others rights don't expect others to respect yours.

If a user has posted PI in the past it will be removed but user will not be banned or warned for it. Since the new rules are in place it invalidates the old rules and old offenses are null and void.

Mods can PM the abuser and kindly request him to stop. This is the preferred method. An official warning follows if the user doesn't cooperate and after that a ban will be given.

We're adding a new Infraction for PI, it seems time has come to lock down some aspects of Totse.info to protest users.

Discuss.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Nice of you to change the rules after you hand out warnings. It is supposed to work the other way around.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited April 2011
    Finally.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Finally.

It takes someone putting me out there to change things.. :facepalm: i feel so violated
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited April 2011
    nah im ok. Fatty is just a little bitch.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nice of you to change the rules after you hand out warnings. It is supposed to work the other way around.

It should work that way but the already implemented rules were broken. Also, this was just pointed out quite recently and steps were taken to prevent any future harm.

Plus, except for few warnings which can get reversed nothing bad happened.
    edited April 2011
    Another issue that was brought up 6+ months ago and not dealt with until now. Sweet.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Another issue that was brought up 6+ months ago and not dealt with until now. Sweet.

Yeah 6 months you went with it. Now I had to force it down.
    edited April 2011
    I went with it? O lulz. Cause this wasn't discussed months and months ago LOL. Right. I'm not the admin. You are. You should have done something then when it was discussed.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    "What they found a loop hole????

FUCK them they cant do that....change rules....delete post

ahhhh much better. Site is good to my likings and safe again"

dfg you're a pussy
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    "What they found a loop hole????

FUCK them they cant do that....change rules....delete post

ahhhh much better. Site is good to my likings and safe again"

dfg you're a pussy

Fuck me :)

Again, posts were unapproved not deleted. They will show up again after getting approved. This applies to FATTY only,
  • edited April 2011
    Sounds good, now we have something to cover our asses with in case someone decides to be an idiot in the future. For the record, I don't care about whatever everyone is saying above ^ It's the internet, what's done is done. Now lets move on and post some more content/lulz :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    Bullshit Dfg.....:)

now tell me what is that site that you can upload a pic with time limit ?

I want to upload two screenshots to prove you that you just say bullshit :)

Quoted for bullshit by an Admin, I want your resignation Dfg.

or

Bring Hellish here to comment that you have his full support, the same for Vineman.....if both comment that they give you their full support then ok, you can bullshit all three of you but am outta here.:)

What the fuck are you talking about? We don't allow uploading of content on totse.info. Nick for fuck sake try to make some sense.

EDIT: I reread your posts and it seems you're talking about something else and don't really know what this thread is about FUCK me for trying to make sense of it.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011
    the ..this..is the first amendment....not the no law...lol

Your location says 'greece', last time I checked greeks don't have a first amendment.

And there are actually limits to free speech in the US, you can't yell fire in a crowded theatre or incite violence.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    0TT7WYZ26550RRslOD77H82n1yh42Xj0wnrPawzu6VFMjjUkTnVjalD4s696BJ3xEaCp733B3.png

and for ducks shake Dfg , how difficult is to put up there a tag for spoiler insertion lol.!
    3x.png
    So tell me Dfg, saying all the above with the position of Admin of this site, how do you expect from us the members here to respect your position as Admin when you practically are saying that you have no intentions to respect our rights and not only that but you intend to fuck everybody that goes against of how you personally perceive the Freedom Of Speech, that's dictatorship Dfg, not FOS.

So again, explain me how do you expect new members if your attitude as Admin of this site is the one above ?

Note to Hellish : In case you read what Dfg wrote, please share with us if you approve it or not and if you do approve it , explain to us which normal thinking person will become member of Totse ? with such delusional Freedom Of Speech :)

i8cZfAv0i2Z7Ofpit5bA3Gf1htyzOvp2xgo8U2wwqQpG329fdO6e4x2J39Mt7xzF4Cg6bHiR3VP6.png

S3Xp5q16G1lA9YxPBb1zG53GyYE25z892dAnHo7v92kL6I7J5aLak9l290p2T8DD7VjgsTox774RmqF1yN9GPAzqAwF3P3pp.png

The above are without limits, why to limit them lol:)

And now all together........

Freedom of Speech (featuring Pinocchio aka Dfg)

?

This is currently a discussion thread. Nothing is finalized yet. What you're quoting is a sentence not written in a clear manner. What I meant to say, if you can't respect users personal information and you keep on posting it and exposing them then do not expect us to keep on totse.info. I didn't mean we're going to leak your information etc. I meant we would kick you out.

Nick, consider this, what if someone starts posting your real name and then your Credit Card information and then you're daughters naked images all for lulz. Would you enjoy it?

Now, if that person gets warned and then banned and he later comes back and does the same stuff again and again, is it right to allow him back again and again?

I was trying to aim for that point.

Oh referring to reporting of ISP. You're an idiot. Every major website can do that and it falls without our limits. If you plan to attack or hack Totse.info and are targetting it's members then we will do whatever it takes to defend them.

Plus, none of those actions were taken.

In short, Nick you failed to understand the point and you went all mad about it. FoS isn't limited here but FoS doesn't mean you can start harming users IRL.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Your location says 'greece', last time I checked greeks don't have a first amendment.

And there are actually limits to free speech in the US, you can't yell fire in a crowded theatre or incite violence.

^That, plus we're hosted in US. Which means we're forced to follow some limitation and even though we try to ignore them they exist. Nick you're not the one getting a lawsuit in the end, a lawsuit that can potentially take down totse.info.

In short, don't be an idiot.

And thanks Skunk :)
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited April 2011
    Can someone explain what the fuck Nick is talking about? Its easier to understand Brandon.
  • edited April 2011
    *Walks into thread*

*Sees thread contents*

*Quietly tiptoes away*
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    I WOULD NOT be surprised if people like spectral started saying

"THIS IS A VIOLATION OF FREE SPEECH. I CAN SAY W/E THE FUCK I WANT AND I SHOULD NOT GET BANNED" "PUNCH EACHOTHER. KILL YOURSELVES WHILE I WATCH" "I CAN DESTROY YOU GUYS"

omg guys dfg is controlling what we are allowed to say because we are not allowed to post PI. Seriously DFG in power is getting out of hand it needs to be stopped.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    I WOULD NOT be surprised if people like spectral started saying

"THIS IS A VIOLATION OF FREE SPEECH. I CAN SAY W/E THE FUCK I WANT AND I SHOULD NOT GET BANNED" "PUNCH EACHOTHER. KILL YOURSELVES WHILE I WATCH" "I CAN DESTROY YOU GUYS"

omg guys dfg is controlling what we are allowed to say because we are not allowed to post PI. Seriously DFG in power is getting out of hand it needs to be stopped.

I hope that was sarcasm? Because I just trying to enforce old totse rules anyway.