Breaking into Garages

edited May 2011 in Man Cave
How easy is it to break into a garage these days? I've seen a few videos on Youtube showing someone slipping a really long slimjim type thing down the back of the door and pulling the release inside the garage, but are there other ways? If possible, ways which are quick and quiet, and leave no signs of damage.

Comments

• edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    I'm bumping this in case anyone didn't see it. If you did see it and don't like the thread then I'll leave it to die :)
  • edited May 2011
    Does anyone know what type of locks are used on garage doors? I found a picture but I can't remember what the type of lock is :facepalm:

garageDoorTLock.jpg

They look easily pickable, requiring only a tension wrench and a standard picking tool (nothing fancy, even a paperclip could probably push the pins up). I reckon this would be a pretty quick method of entry to be honest, as long as you can pick well.
  • GazaThugGazaThug Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    I've never broken into a garage before but I'm thinking the best thing to do is go into the back yard and look for a back door, same applies if your breaking into the house aswell. Then turn the door knob, 90% of the time it will be unlocked. If it isn't, a window at the side of the garage is sure to be open.

Move slowly, dont rush.

Once inside, control your adrenaline - listen to every sound and watch every window and door.

Breath slowly and move quietly because somebody could be listening.
  • edited May 2011
    ^ Always pretend that someone is looking for you, or listening out for you. It forces you to act a whole load more careful and can save your ass from doing something stupid. Adrenaline can be slightly hard to control though, so it's best to work on that.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited May 2011
    What you want to do is find neighborhoods that have a car door as well as a human door to the garage. Just go on a walk through the neighborhood in the day and when you see an open garage door pop inside real quick and unlock the human door. record the addresses that you did it at and then go back late in the night and the garage is all yours.
  • GazaThugGazaThug Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Always pretend that someone is looking for you, or listening out for you. It forces you to act a whole load more careful and can save your ass from doing something stupid. Adrenaline can be slightly hard to control though, so it's best to work on that.

Just stay calm, if you stay paranoid thinking your being followed your gonna fuck up while trying to rush. Your right thought, you still have to be careful.

If the owner of the house wakes up you'll know. Lights will start coming on in the house, you'll hear someone moving about stuff like that. If someone broke into my house I'm not gonna try and sneak up on I'm running to where they are and delivering my own justice.

Adrenaline will subside with experience .
  • bra1234bra1234 New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    The long slim device is a fire fighter's tool that releases the lock on the garage door opener. It unlocks the door from the opener so all you have to do is lift it up.