Lol, zoklet got pwnt

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hellish I suggest that you make sure your identity is very secure. DFG you're in pakistan so you don't need to give a fuck.

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?p=2670686

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    LATE faggot.

http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=15245

And how the fuck was Zoklet pwned? No one in their right mind would free willingly put up a struggle against authority.

Hellish's mommy wouldn't have hesitated in doing so either.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited May 2011
    Well... I know this is probably going to cause a shitstorm, but what if this domain is transferred to somone not in the USA? Then they can subphoena jack shit.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    Lol, sucks to be themz hahahaha, "high" to the possible feds lurking.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    So now zok decides to explain ...
    As I'm sure many of you have read already, one of the users posting counterfeit coupons on both zoklet and 4chan was recently raided by the FBI.

Obviously we're not just handing over info to whoever asks - as I have said many times before: the only way to get info from the website is with a signed subpoena or court order. That was the case here. A few months ago I was sent a subpoena submitted by the FBI and signed by a grand jury for a certain user's IP addresses corresponding to specific posts. The subpoena came with a gag clause saying that I was unable to tell any third parties unless I'd spoken to the FBI about it first.

While I certainly value your right to free speech and your right to privacy, that only extends so far. Not supplying the authorities with info would mean facing a charge of obstruction of justice (which in most cases is a felony) - not exactly something I want to have on my record. Fighting the subpoena (quashing it) would mean tens of thousands of dollars (which I don't have) spent on lawyers and court.

This is exactly why I say: do not commit crimes on the internet and do not admit to having committed crimes on the internet. The user in question (Anonymous123) did both of these. It's even in the description of Bad Ideas forum - "do not admit to crimes on the internet!"

With that in mind, your privacy on the website is still of the utmost importance. Nobody here wants to hand over any of your info to any sort of authority - nor will we unless there's a subpoena involved. So for Pete's sake: don't do anything that WILL cause a subpoena to be issued and we won't have any problems!

I'd also like to mention that this was an ongoing struggle that Jeff had with totse.com. He warned folks over and over not to admit to crimes on the site (hence the phrase "SWIM" which became ever so popular on totse). I know for a fact that many times Jeff did have to surrender users' info to the authorities regarding illegal activities that they admitted to/committed on the site.

Sorry if anyone's dreams and visions about the internet being a magical place with no rules has suddenly come to an end. Sad but true.

tldr: someone made a bunch of counterfeit coupons (which is illegal) distributed them on the site (also illegal). Now they're in trouble with the law. Does this surprise anyone?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Well... I know this is probably going to cause a shitstorm, but what if this domain is transferred to somone not in the USA? Then they can subphoena jack shit.

It will most likely cause a shitstorm but if it helps cover our asses i'm all for it
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited May 2011
    Should be self explanatory ^^^. basic rules of the net lol
  • edited May 2011
    Damn Zok is articulate.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'll never feel safe on that place which is why I'm kinda thankful my IP is fucked up from browsing that place without using a proxy for nearly 2 years now. Just got used to using a CGI Proxy, now that we all know for sure the Feds and law enforcement are watching that place it helps. After all a bunch of CP was possibly posted by a user account similar to this one over there back in the day.
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    My opinion is plain and simple as I am.

When you advertise a site as a portion of Freedom of Speech you should then have damn excellent moderators to moderate possible threads or comments that might be illegal and edit them so to become legal , if the users continue to post illegal content and act like total idiots then the moderators should ban them and have a disclaimer before each comment that becomes visible that what is written should be in the borders of legality.

Here in Totse.info, there are lots of moderators, instead of faping and bullshiting one another , Admin Dfg and Hellish along with the server operator, Admin Vineman, should make sure that their moderators are implementing the legality of threads and comments with the ways I explained above.

It is obvious that the Net is not a magical place that you can say anything you like and get away with it.

It is obvious again that in sites like this one and Zoklet, the users tend to believe that they magical can say anything they like , so it's the mods responsibility to warn the users and edit their content so to approach the legal part of that, and that is simple in most cases as only the way that is written one thread or comment has to change so to be total legal.

At this point of time , totse.info, has no moderation of such kind in any kind of thread and that puts in danger every member of them.

Placing the server on a country that don't give a fuck will not change a lot the things as the main server Operator is from USA and he will get haunted if something goes wrong and he will of course give any info to any kind of Authority that will ask from him such thing.

The same will do Hellish and Dfg, the big words of the kind...I will protect you and will sent you an email and such sayings...are just for diplomatic reasons....no one will risk for anyone but himself, that written on the genes and so don't expect something magical to happen.

However, flushing the ip's..not keeping logs at all....whilst moderating illegal contents ..can make this site become one of the best on Net.

If not , then they are bound to be one site that will just be a cocoon for snitching members.

Except of words...let's do actions...if you can't understand what am talking about , make me for 1 week, Global Mod Dfg without access to ip's but with access on editing posts and you will understand what moderation means.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    A) We don't edit posts HOWEVER your post can get removed if it breaks the rules [CP etc] I think I need to revise the rules to fix this problem.
    B) IP flushing has been discussed and it's a go.
    C) I will add another reminder and in BI and even in PM when a user joins about not admitting crime on the Internet and using proxy, tor etc. to cover your ass.

As I mentioned before we will not let anyone get access to things but it doesn't mean it can't happen, so we need to be prepared for anything.
  • JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    A) We don't edit posts HOWEVER your post can get removed if it breaks the rules [CP etc] I think I need to revise the rules to fix this problem.
    C) I will add another reminder and in BI and even in PM when a user joins about not admitting crime on the Internet and using proxy, tor etc. to cover your ass.

As I mentioned before we will not let anyone get access to things but it doesn't mean it can't happen, so we need to be prepared for anything.

lol......now am :mad:hehe...can you please invite me to any torrent sites that you have invitations ??? I want to download tons of terabytes...just because they think they can trace for fun...I will show them how funny it is.:mad:
  • edited May 2011
    Damn Zok is articulate.

It's a skill that comes in very handy when you're explaining why you sold someone's ass out.

Sounds like he's had lots of practice.
  • edited May 2011

When do IP addresses begin to get flushed, and how often will they be flushed? I want to start browsing through TOR only, and I don't want any of my previous IP's to be in the logs :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    When do IP addresses begin to get flushed, and how often will they be flushed? I want to start browsing through TOR only, and I don't want any of my previous IP's to be in the logs :)

When Hellish gets the script ready. We can do weekly or monthy but it will fuck up the Multiple Accounts issue but at least users will be protected in some way.
  • edited May 2011
    That's cool then. Will you let us know before you start the flushing? I'll definitely start using proxies and TOR from then onwards, just because I'm a paranoid asshat :D
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    it will fuck up the Multiple Accounts issue .

What do you mean it will fuck up the MA issue, you won't be able to keep track of them?
  • edited May 2011
    Good thing the FBI is protecting us from the evil coupon-counterfeiters.

They almost certainly spent more money catching him than his fake coupons were costing in the first place.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    What do you mean it will fuck up the MA issue, you won't be able to keep track of them?

Exactly.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Exactly.

Ugh....tough call.

Feds be able to rape all of us, or Master Yoda has open reign to unleash an army of Ewoks on us. :eek:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    Good thing the FBI is protecting us from the evil coupon-counterfeiters.

They almost certainly spent more money catching him than his fake coupons were costing in the first place.

Hahaha! Ain't that shit teh truth bro. :D

It's a shame when the only crime worth injecting vast amounts of funding into is revenue related loss. Good to see they have their priorities in check. :thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'd also like to mention that this was an ongoing struggle that Jeff had with totse.com. He warned folks over and over not to admit to crimes on the site (hence the phrase "SWIM" which became ever so popular on totse). I know for a fact that many times Jeff did have to surrender users' info to the authorities regarding illegal activities that they admitted to/committed on the site.

And did Jeff not spend a lot of time (and possibly money) fighting anything that came his way with help of JCstanton or did I just imagine this one night?

I do know he had decent coucil on a retainer.

One should also question if this was a subpoena ad testificandum or a subpoena duces tecum - the first one is an order to appear at court, the second to produce evidence. I could imagine zok seeing the term subpoena and handing the keys over right away. Either way, it is allways worth checking with a brief as a lot of the time, due process has been fucked up some where in the document rendering it worthless. If that had have been the case, he would not have been forced to do anything or be bound by any terms in the document.

Does anyone know if you have to serve notice of intent in Ohio?
    edited May 2011
    If the FBI is monitoring Zoklet then there's a possibility that they're also watching us so we need to use caution whilst posting illegal stuff.
    I tend to agree with :mad: on this.
    Personally, I think we have been and still are monitored, but they don't have shit on us yet. So fuck the pooolice. :o
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    Didn't I post a thread not to long ago about not talking to the fucking cops.

Read the thingy..

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/illegal-couponing

They told that fuckwad he was free to go, and yet he stayed and ran his mouth. Just after admitting that the anon username belonged to him he was arrested.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    thats why you fuckers should post from a public library when you want to

break the rules....

High Feds, I'm about to score 30 pounds....:eek:

of baking flour....

haha go fuck yourself FBI!
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to serve notice of intent in Ohio?

Here is a brief layman's write-up of the laws regarding subpoenas in Ohio....

http://www.ohiolegalservices.org/public/legal_problem/courts-hearings/documents-and-papers-from-a-court/subpoena/qandact_view

Of course one has to remember, this was a New York State subpoena....and I would never consider myself legallyshrewd enough to understand the cross-state implications.

One part of this link I think is important, at least in regard to the naive idiots saying..."Zok could do nothing, he had to comply or else he would be raped himself".
    You may object in writing to any subpoena, listing all the reasons you think it is unfair for you to appear or to produce the requested documents or objects. Objections should be filed with the court immediately.

The rule gives you a maximum of 14 days to file an objection, but do not wait until the date you are required to appear or provide the documents. You may want to work with a lawyer to make sure that your objections are filed correctly and on time.

If it is impossible or extremely difficult for you to appear at the time required in the subpoena, call the lawyer for the party who sent the subpoena..

He could have very easily started the process himself without even retaining legal counsel, as he WAS very well within his rights to begin written documented protest. Hell, he could have bought himself a couple of months time easily just claiming "hardship" considering they were asking him to travel 2 states away....and by then he could have given enough fair warning to the userbase that something was afoot.

Instead, Zok sold everyone out without any cause, care, or remorse, and he has proven he'll do it with eagerness yet again if asked. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg, I say flush the IPs twice daily, or turn the logging feature off entirely. Sure it will fuck up the MAI, but it is better than having users go to jail. Besides, it's fairly obvious when people are using multiple accounts anyway.

Zok is a sell out, and if hellish receives a suphoena he might hand over the IPs too. But what if there is nothing to hand over?
  • edited May 2011
    Dfg, I say flush the IPs twice daily, or turn the logging feature off entirely. Sure it will fuck up the MAI, but it is better than having users go to jail. Besides, it's fairly obvious when people are using multiple accounts anyway.

Zok is a sell out, and if hellish receives a suphoena he might hand over the IPs too. But what if there is nothing to hand over?

I support this measure.
  • edited May 2011
    I also second this. Plus, the more often the script is run, the less strain it will have on the server as it will have less work to do every time :) Oh, and what about the "Registered IP address" field which appears on people's records after the user signs up to the site - does this get deleted as well?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011

I support this measure.
    I also second this. Plus, the more often the script is run, the less strain it will have on the server as it will have less work to do every time :) Oh, and what about the "Registered IP address" field which appears on people's records after the user signs up to the site - does this get deleted as well?

I support this too, I am currently researching this. In the end, I don't give a fuck about MA, I just want everyone to be safe.
  • edited May 2011
    Awesome. I think we have a good enough team of staff to deal with any drama caused by alt accounts anyway.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Awesome. I think we have a good enough team of staff to deal with any drama caused by alt accounts anyway.

Except when its the staff themselves that is causing the drama by abusing alt accounts. :thumbsdown:

Speaking of which, I just went to find an old member to throw a quote into these talks.....and realize his entire existence has been wiped clean from the records. :p

Just WTF ever happened to Yoda, any how? :facepalm:
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    It's a skill that comes in very handy when you're explaining why you sold someone's ass out.

Sounds like he's had lots of practice.

OMG SLAVE YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly cried my eyes out on zoklet when I learned you were leaving.

Do NOT, and I repeat, NOT ever leave us again, ok?
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    If the FBI is monitoring Zoklet then there's a possibility that they're also watching us so we need to use caution whilst posting illegal stuff.

lol, cute
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    WAN wrote: »
    lol, cute

OMG WAN, I sadly did not drown as you requested in my sail around the world.

Welcome. ;)
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    OMG WAN, I sadly did not drown as you requested in my sail around the world.

Welcome. ;)

lol buddha, we go way back, old buddy

didnt you start a thing where people farm together in a community or something? how did that go
    edited May 2011
    lol, cute
    WAN IS SAFE! meditation.gif You won't get narc'd on here. Welcome home. ;)
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    WAN IS SAFE! meditation.gif You won't get narc'd on here. Welcome home. ;)

YAY people still remember me! and yes this place does indeed feel more like home than zoklet. i intend to stay!!
    edited May 2011
    YAY people still remember me! and yes this place does indeed feel more like home than zoklet. i intend to stay!!
    For real?....Awesome. :):):)
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited May 2011
    lol buddha, we go way back, old buddy

didnt you start a thing where people farm together in a community or something? how did that go

Holy fuck, you really don't want to know. It would of worked out fine if the dudes land we were on wasn't fucking his daughter, and having kids with her.

Crazy shit.

Might make a post about "how not to run a farm"
    edited May 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Holy fuck, you really don't want to know. It would of worked out fine if the dudes land we were on wasn't fucking his daughter, and having kids with her.

Crazy shit.

Might make a post about "how not to run a farm"
    Sounds like his farming skills were up to par thar brah. :confused:
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    For real?....Awesome. :):):)

;D

5char
  • edited May 2011
    Welcome WAN. You should make an introductory post so everyone can say welcome once again.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011

I support the measure also.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    Welcome WAN. You should make an introductory post so everyone can say welcome once again.

omg I am positively being showered with kind words, warm wishes and the like. One more welcoming post like this I am gonna say this is NOT like the harsh old totse i know ;D

anyway, what was your username back on old totse? I must have known you
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited May 2011
    stfu WAN, u faggot :o
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    stfu WAN, u faggot :o

*sniff* i missed this
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited May 2011
    I hear there's a herd of feds headed over here now that Zoklet is emptying out.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    I hear there's a herd of feds headed over here now that Zoklet is emptying out.

hey spectral is here. who said he got banned a while ago
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited May 2011
    hey spectral is here. who said he got banned a while ago
    I had been "shut up" by Dfg and his fair-weather goons because they didn't like what I had to say to them. I was very critical of their policies and behaviors, and so I had to be silenced. Just like wires did to DaGuru's account on Zoklet.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    I had been "shut up" by Dfg and his fair-weather goons because they didn't like what I had to say to them. I was very critical of their policies and behaviors, and so I had to be silenced. Just like wires did to DaGuru's account on Zoklet.

Unlike wires you're allowed back without any conditions imposed on you.