Astronomy?

OsirisOsiris Acolyte
edited May 2011 in Life
I guess this is the right section.

I have a friend who's mother is a self employed astronomist? Anyways I cut some wood for her in exchange for a reading and I was pretty skeptical about it going in but I feel that it was legitimate. I don't think it is that far fetched that the enormous magnetic and gravitational fields coming from these celestial bodies would have a psychological effect on us. I also think the "unused" portions of our brains is an antenna of some sort, that may be a little more far fetched but I would bet money on it. Anyone else ever had their stars read? Also I am a Capricorn, what are you?

I don't remember if it is astronomy or astrology, but you know what I am talking about, that stupid "daily horoscope" crap, except this was done by some one that has been doing it for 40 plus years. Also are birth marks caused by past lifes?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    It's astrology. Astronomy is a science, astrology isn't. And what does this have to do with the outdoors?
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you kept a star inside of your house. As I just explained, I know the difference and really just don't give a fuck, because it really just does not fucking matter. I'm on the internet, if I wanted to know the dictionary definitions I would just look it up.

And way to add to the subject, I think I might be better off talking to rocks.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    If you think the difference doesn't matter, then you are a retard.

You said you didn't remember which one it was, so I explained it. Very much added to the subject.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Capricorn <---

Personally I don't give a shit about them but people around me constantly look them up and consider them a great source of whatever. In reality they may or may not affect us, it depends on the type of person you are. Do you just follow the same pattern everyone follows or do you try to change things. Scopes you read daily are general in nature and if a person believes something good will happen to him just because of his stars then it's quite possible something good will happen but in reality his is the one striving for that good.

It's like waking up in the morning and reading a peice of paper saying you're awesome and I had the best sex ever with you. Even if it's a lie you will still feel good and your day would be awesome and full of win. Same goes for the scopes.
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I bet you are an air sign Mayberry, so tell me what chya are.

You might be right dfg, but having an external source for these good things to manifest is extremely important to me. Even if these forces are part of my psychology and I only choose to recognize them as external. I must have something larger than my existence to be responsible for good fortune. This way I can be a humble man and yet still have larger forces working with me.

All the horoscope stuff on the internet is more or less bullshit, they might get lucky once in a while. But this past week has really affirmed my belief in this stuff. This woman is as professional as it gets in this kind of field and she has been one hundred percent correct so far.

I don't think it is that far fetched that the enormous magnetic and gravitational fields coming from these celestial bodies would have a psychological effect on us.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Osiris wrote: »
    I bet you are an air sign Mayberry, so tell me what chya are.

You might be right dfg, but having an external source for these good things to manifest is extremely important to me. Even if these forces are part of my psychology and I only choose to recognize them as external. I must have something larger than my existence to be responsible for good fortune. This way I can be a humble man and yet still have larger forces working with me.

All the horoscope stuff on the internet is more or less bullshit, they might get lucky once in a while. But this past week has really affirmed my belief in this stuff. This woman is as professional as it gets in this kind of field and she has been one hundred percent correct so far.

I don't think it is that far fetched that the enormous magnetic and gravitational fields coming from these celestial bodies would have a psychological effect on us.

Actually it isn't. If people can believe in GOD etc. then I don't see any harm in just following your own path. If it works for you, then more power to you.
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I have never seen an example of astrology that didn't just give cold readings and pass them off as a calculable result.

I regard it like I regard mediums. Sometimes they appear surprisingly accurate but if you think about it there isn't a lot of substance.