What's in YOUR Garden?

edited July 2010 in Life
100_1507.jpg

846287324-Picture.jpg

061842998-100_1191.jpg

Unfortunately, My Vaccinium got pretty burnt and my loph got a bit sunburned. Fortunately, they are xeric plants. My asain loph is beautful though its root growth is pretty damn slow. It still looks good.

Comments

• skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I only have veggies in my garden this year. My whole property available to me is covered in scrub mulberry trees, which are BITCH to handle (once you cut them down you have to keep taking off the fucking offshoots or they'll regenerate), so I have to cut more of those to put anything else in. Anyway, I have 25 tomatoes, 8 peppers, and ~30 potatoes. The potatoes have gotten so big and tall and are doing so well that they are growing over to the side and then later bending upwards. If we don't have any fucking hail (shit happens in Iowa) 'twill be a plentiful harvest.
  • edited July 2010
    skyclaw441 wrote: »
    I only have veggies in my garden this year. My whole property available to me is covered in scrub mulberry trees, which are BITCH to handle (once you cut them down you have to keep taking off the fucking offshoots or they'll regenerate), so I have to cut more of those to put anything else in. Anyway, I have 25 tomatoes, 8 peppers, and ~30 potatoes. The potatoes have gotten so big and tall and are doing so well that they are growing over to the side and then later bending upwards. If we don't have any fucking hail (shit happens in Iowa) 'twill be a plentiful harvest.

Rhizomatous plants can be a bitch to kill. Pueraria lobata is one around here that's hell. The best thing to do is cut that shit out of the ground, cutting under the crown. I would then proceed to till that shit up and add herbicide. Make sure not to let animals or any water supply be near it the latter is considered. Around here the soil has too high a clay content to grow potatoes; I envy you as I'm a lover of starches and carbs from Tubers. Be sure to keep seeds of the peppers; they contain the genes for piperidine. What strain of tomatoes btw? May aunt is growing some Romas and Cherry tomatoes now.
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Rhizomatous plants can be a bitch to kill. Pueraria lobata is one around here that's hell. The best thing to do is cut that shit out of the ground, cutting under the crown. I would then proceed to till that shit up and add herbicide. Make sure not to let animals or any water supply be near it the latter is considered. Around here the soil has too high a clay content to grow potatoes; I envy you as I'm a lover of starches and carbs from Tubers. Be sure to keep seeds of the peppers; they contain the genes for piperidine. What strain of tomatoes btw? May aunt is growing some Romas and Cherry tomatoes now.

It was one in the seed catalogue listed as "Celebrity". I also have a blueberry, so it makes me wonder what member of the family Vaccinium you've got growing. It looks like a blueberry to me, but I'm a n00b and rather uneducated. Whatever it is, it's a beaut. And yes, as soon as the times permit, I'm going to cut those fuckers out. My mom is an organic health nut, though, so no herbicides will get past her, and this year my garden is sort of for fitting her needs, as she'll likely be the primary consumer of what I grow. I'm looking at some psychoactive flowers to put in a different plot next year, though. Any recommendations besides the standard Morning Glory?

EDIT: I just looked up what Pueraria lobata is. FUKKEN KUDZU! :mad:
  • ArcadeArcade Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    I've got a lot in my garden

tomatoes
    green onions
    radish
    hot peppers
    cabbage
    few types of lettuce
    cucumbers
    dill
    raspberry's
    red current
    black currant
    white grapes

and more including flowers, I just can't remember right now...If I'm not feeling lazy later I'll take some pics and post.
  • edited July 2010
    skyclaw441 wrote: »
    It was one in the seed catalogue listed as "Celebrity". I also have a blueberry, so it makes me wonder what member of the family Vaccinium you've got growing. It looks like a blueberry to me, but I'm a n00b and rather uneducated. Whatever it is, it's a beaut. And yes, as soon as the times permit, I'm going to cut those fuckers out. My mom is an organic health nut, though, so no herbicides will get past her, and this year my garden is sort of for fitting her needs, as she'll likely be the primary consumer of what I grow. I'm looking at some psychoactive flowers to put in a different plot next year, though. Any recommendations besides the standard Morning Glory?

EDIT: I just looked up what Pueraria lobata is. FUKKEN KUDZU! :mad:

I recommend the next tier (of three, ime) of LSA, Rivea corymbosa. If you do decide to do this be sure to stratify them via scarring.

http://www.kadasgarden.com/Pcorymbosa.html
    http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3253174

Kudzu is hell 'round in GA. :D I know what you mean.

Mah blueberry is a highbush (whether Southern or Northern I know not; possibly a hybrid) and that Bermuda high kicked its ass nigh to the point of dormancy. 80% of the leaves turned red, another 5% went brown due to cell death and the rest is now starting to grow a little. We got rain yesterday for the first time in nearly three weeks. Luckily, they are xeric plants.

Also look into S. divinorum if you want an easy to grow (after properly acclimated) indoor/indirect light outdoor plant. The humidity is high here to please consider the RH of your location. This can be found at http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Orlando+FL+USFL0372 under details.
  • edited July 2010
    Arcade wrote: »
    raspberries

There's one you need to be careful on. Rubus spp. in general are EVERYWHERE around here (and just about every temperate climate) and can take an unused plot over in a matter of two or three growing seasons.

Arcade wrote: »
    red current
    black currant
    white grapes

Mmmmmmmm... I envy you. We have muscadine grapes that grow around here, but currants .... Oh man :p You is lucky. I wish you a bountiful harvest. Perhaps when I get some Passiflora incarnata seeds, we could talk?
  • edited July 2010
    I found some P. incarnata day before yesterday and it's already rooting in nothing but tap water ... Pics to come.
  • ZosZos New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    currently... some diesel, blueberry and sensi star just finishing up.

2 strawberry cough, and some deathstar about a month in.

possibly super lemon haze if the babies come though.
  • edited July 2010
    Zos wrote: »
    currently... some diesel, blueberry and sensi star just finishing up.

2 strawberry cough, and some deathstar about a month in.

possibly super lemon haze if the babies come though.

SWIM has schwag growing. Thinks two girls one boy he has.
  • ZosZos New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    SWIM has schwag growing. Thinks two girls one boy he has.

one dick can ruin your whole party.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    a Red Tree
    some Shrubs
    a Bush

lol that's 1000 dollars of plants. You can imagine :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    one dick can ruin your whole party.

SWIM loves lesbo action too. But seriously, they be mothers, so SWIM doesn't care if they get a lil pollinated. There's someone within a few miles of this random place who also does (and keeps the males, I guess) because they have pollinated SWIM's White Widow before. Seems to be a catch-22.
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited July 2010
    My garden is nice and weed filled. (Not the drug)

I did have some tomato cultivation going on a few years back, but they came out weird.
  • edited July 2010
    My garden is nice and weed filled. (Not the drug)

I did have some tomato cultivation going on a few years back, but they came out weird.

My garden from year before last is like that too. Only there still are onions flowering in it :D. Would you care to define how weird the growth was?
  • ZosZos New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    SWIM loves lesbo action too. But seriously, they be mothers, so SWIM doesn't care if they get a lil pollinated. There's someone within a few miles of this random place who also does (and keeps the males, I guess) because they have pollinated SWIM's White Widow before. Seems to be a catch-22.

If my nice highly bred boutique strain were to get knocked up by some mongrel rope plant i'd be tracking back upwind and cutting a bitch.
  • edited July 2010
    If my nice highly bred boutique strain were to get knocked up by some mongrel rope plant i'd be tracking back upwind and cutting a bitch.

I couldn't hate on a person for that. That's the way shit goes. If SWIM had done it in the woods, there is a chance it would happened there as well. And I will admit that the different heritages have better flavors, somwhat different euphorias and the such, the real deal maker or breaker is in the drying and curing process. SWIM grew schwag next (had perfect luck of two f3mal3s out of two) to said White Widow and it did just as well. The flavor was not as sweet (but the colas were thicker than that wispy sativa), but SWIM couldn't complain. It was pretty potent stuff. Anyway, there are woods for a few miles up North, so SWIM doubts the perpetrator could be found anyways.

NOT MY PICTYURE (;;) WW

Picture286.jpg
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    Really jealous of that peyote :).

I have a bunch of flowers/shrubs etc. Some kind of beans, aubergines (eggplant to you Americans), chillies, sweet chillies, tomatoes and probably best of all... a shit load opium poppies.
  • edited July 2010
    Vermicide wrote: »
    Really jealous of that peyote :).

I have a bunch of flowers/shrubs etc. Some kind of beans, aubergines (eggplant to you Americans), chillies, sweet chillies, tomatoes and probably best of all... a shit load opium poppies.

Ehh, they're not as difficult to obtain as you may think. That one, L. diffusa, contains little to no mescaline and loads of atropine like compounds. right now it's battling some rust due to the lack of airflow, but I've got that fixed with constant doses of antifungals. If you ever to obtain one (if you look around on ebay under headings like echinocactus, ariocarpus, astrphytum, etc. you can find them) be sure to give it good airflow. I've wanted to grow pooppies, but the soil here is extremely stifling as it's composed of clay. Maybe one day I might try to prepare a bed. Even if inactive, they still are aesthetically pleasing.