I want the old nickelodeon back.

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Where the fuck is all that, rugrats, invader zim and hey arnold? Cartoons on now are stupid as fuck.

And where the hell is the orange soda?

Comments

• GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited June 2011
    Netflix empathizes with your nostalgic needs.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited June 2011
    are you afraid of the dark
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    you grew up dipshit.

times change and now 'our' children watch shit and they enjoy it.

Just like you did.

:thumbsdown:
  • edited June 2011
    WTF they cancelled Rugrats and Kenan and Kel? :facepalm: They were fucking awesome :mad:
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited June 2011
    kenan is on SNL now poor Kel...what about double dare or ren and stimpy :(
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    I used to watch 'The Wonder Year' on Nick. repeats though, was a little too young for the original air dates. Great Series.

Does anyone remember earthworm Jim ?
  • edited June 2011
    I remember Earthworm Jim existing but I never watched it :( I heard it was good.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't Just Sit There
    You Can't Do That on Television
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete
    Hey Dude
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    I never watched Nick. My parents were too poor to afford cable. I would rush home to catch some Clifford and Cyberchase after school. I would watch iCarly at a friend's house. I do miss old Disney shows. :(
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    I miss all the old cartoons. now we have shit like Adventure time. i donno what that cartoonists tripps on but i want some.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited June 2011
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited June 2011
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited June 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »

:hai: :thumbsdown::thumbsup: Total win!
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    What about Tiny Toon Adventures or Animaniacs?

Or some early 90's Disney gems...

TaleSpin
    Ducktales
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    Darkwing Duck
  • GreyusurperGreyusurper Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    You Can't Do That On Television

The whole reason Nick has slime (see 7:33)... Bet most kids don't know that fact anymore. Sad thing is, this show is still better than most it's successors by a lot! Fun fact, it's also a Canadian import. Christine, the oldest girl in the clip would go on to play the wife of Frank Black on Millennium.

Doug

Just a great early to mid 90's show that followed the exploits and imagination of its title character and his surrounding cast.

Salute Your Shorts

Another great live action show, this followed the campers of camp Ottawana(?) on their many misadventures. Very similar premise to another show, Hey Dude! (Which had more of a cowboy/West type atmosphere).

Shows that are givens:
    Ren & Stimpy (Everyone knows this! It's timeless.)
    Clarissa Explains it All (another classic that iCarly now fills the void of.)
    Rugrats (though I liked this at first, I actually grew tired of it shortly after.)
    Are You Afraid of the Dark (Nick has yet to fill the void left by this show, I still remember it's first episode premiering on Halloween night.)

Recent hits include:
    Invader Zim (now like most few good Nick shows has been CANCELLED.)
    Wolverine & The X-Men (Though season 2 was planned, it got CANCELLED.)
    Action Adventure Time (Though why do I suspect that this show will also get cancelled?)
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited June 2011
    Rocko's modern life.
  • edited June 2011
    How can you sit there and watch crap which replaced the classics like Kenan and Kel though? A lot of the time it doesn't even have a good storyline, it's dumb animated characters walking around with really annoying voices etc.

I could easily still watch back to back episodes of Kenan and Kel but there's no way I could watch any of the newer crap. That says something, right?
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't watch the new crap. It's just crap, so I get my fill of cartoons on [AS].
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited June 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    Netflix empathizes with your nostalgic needs.

Just found Rugrats, Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life. TY :thumbsup:

I wonder if Doug ever quit being a bitch and fucked Patty.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    I bought all of the AYAOTD episodes on DVD from eBay (VHS ripped to DVD) years ago before torrents became popular. I still watch them, and can't wait to show them to my kids some day. Even the "stupid" series reboot (with the annoying little brother heading the pack) is 1000x better than the braindead crap on TV today.