Taking stuff through Airport or Port security/Customs.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
Instead of putting this in Travellers Trevails, I figured it's a bad idea.
As I am going away on Sunday to stay with Family and within a few hundred metres of Il Papa in Rome, i was thinking of the Airport fun I have had over the years.
Not a single time has passed where I do not try and bring some items back to the UK, be it oversized loads of alcohol, tobacco and prohibited items. It's all part of the rush for me. At the age of 13 I went to Calais for the first time with my Dad when "Booze Cruises" were worthwhile, and I figured I'd bring back the elusive 'French banger' aka Firecracker. Friends of mine would have them and I would want some, as I loved explosives, being born into the &ToTSE mindset. So at the age of 13 I brought back 300 firecrackers and a load of smoke bombs with my Dad, walking through and past the leering Customs Officers.

Germany was another good place, as well as Spain, as I brought back a load of Spirits and Flick-knives at the age of 15 to the UK, and Germany saw me nervously bring back CS Gas and a Police baton. Not once did Customs stop me, not once did I look suspicious. I guess it's nothing to do with the way I portray myself, so must be the way I refuse to "feel" guilty. I have learnt that has a major factor in successfully smuggling, as well as other crimes.
When I went to Austria last year I was eating a cannabutter sandwich while being patted down by Heathrow security. Needless to say, that was the best flight ever until turbulence rattled my nerves a bit.

Tempted to eat any leftover shrooms before I get on my flight to Italy this weekend. Leaving from an Airport I have never been to before, so we shall see.

What have you done or brought back through Customs or Security? You don't have to admit to things, and I won't post pictures of my loot. I don't keep it on my person or at my house either.

Also, tune!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Unfortunately I've never even been in an airport, let alone leaving the country. Kinda sucks, but I figured that I could use this post to link in the guide which was written regarding How to Smuggle Items Into the UK.

Was watching something on TV the other day about people getting caught by customs, smuggling retarded amounts of cigarettes. They were basically begging to get caught, and their body language didn't really help either.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I probably would try if I could, as long as it isnt from some country that time forgot. I've seen enough 'Banged Up Abroad' documentaries to know that I don't want to be locked up outside the EU (Pakistan or something).
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've never even been in an airport, let alone leaving the country. Kinda sucks, but I figured that I could use this post to link in the guide which was written regarding How to Smuggle Items Into the UK.

Was watching something on TV the other day about people getting caught by customs, smuggling retarded amounts of cigarettes. They were basically begging to get caught, and their body language didn't really help either.

Yup! When I first brought back my virgin load of contraband there was a guy who was coughing, spluttering and dropping fag packs. At the tender age of 13 I realised this was the first thing that would get you fucked. I even made stash tins which I never used, too. Best time was when I went to France with the School and was seen buying firecrackers, but not how many. I gave a pack of 10 to the Teacher and said sorry etc as they made a big fuss about it all. Still, it was my 3 euros or whatever. They, nor any other loudmouth classmates didn't see the other hundreds I had at the bottom of my backpack. For me it was teh ultimate adrenaline rush.
    That said, I recall my biggest smuggle thanks to my ex. A revolver from France. Now THAT was the scariest trip through Customs. Just gave it to a mate and kept the imitation one. he can deal with the heat if he wants it. He's not the sort to show off or kill anyone, just in case Mr Cop is reading this.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    Just booze when I was underage.
    A guy at work got caught with 30kg of baccy and got it back after going to court over it.

Im allways tempted to go to asda and hide tiny amounts of weed in the cheep suitcases
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    I've never actually smuggled anything through Airport Security or Customs but I do know a few people who have. I have helped a friend of mine make a plan for sneaking some shit back to the U.S.
    The biggest factors in getting through customs are your body language and how well the shit is hidden.

A good collection of e-books that could help you out a lot with this can be found here: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/426-Social-Engineering

Social Engineering plays a huge role in smuggling things past customs.

Now, as for the actually hiding of the items, it all depends on what you are smuggling from where, to where. A good example for something you could do to smuggle weed back home would be to wrap it in saran wrap, then tin foil, then another layer of saran wrap, then spray it with some cologne, then a few more alternating layers of foil/saran wrap and lastly put it in a zip lock baggy. Next you buy some form of souvenir like a teddy bear or another stuffed animal. Using a seam ripper or a knife, undo one of the seams in the stuffed animal, pull out some fluff and stuff that shit in there. Then re-insert the fluff and sew that bitch back up. You could probably spray something on the bear itself to mask it some more but cologne might be fishy if they check it out, maybe you could just smoke a cigarette and blow the smoke on to the bear so that you could play it off like you smoked while carrying it.
  • edited July 2011
    I've got a friend who's taken his leatherman through by accident; they didn't even notice. Wouldn't try it with drugs or anything like that though
  • edited July 2011
    You're probably at a massive advantage if you don't even realize that you're taking something through. You won't show any signs of nervousness, you'll basically give them no reason to search you other than because they just feel like it.
  • edited July 2011
    That's a good point....but I'd bet a lot of them don't really give enough of a fuck to put that much effort into watching for that kind of thing.