My Solution to the Debt Crisis

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I was talking about this with my mom and sister earlier today and I got the ideal solution to our problem. The most American thing to do in this situation is to default on our loans. Fuck everyone over and start isolation ourselves from everyone. I mean come on, whats more American than living outside our means? Its the American Dream!

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    America doesn't really have 'debt' problem. It's perfectly manageable but Reagan era "any debt is bad" mentality still holds true to a lot of people.

In any case, if you're debt gets too bad you could start a new world war and destroy your competitors. It's why WWI was started.
  • edited July 2011
    There was a lot more to WWI than that...

Anyway you're right, we don't really need to do anything about it; it doesnt really harm us. In fact its healthy to have some debt.
  • edited July 2011
    Aren't there a lot of serious economic consequences that correspond with everyone defaulting on their loans and mortgages? Sure it would fuck the banks up and we wouldn't have to pay out bills individually, but there could be a lot of unintended effects, no?
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2011
    America doesn't really have 'debt' problem. It's perfectly manageable but Reagan era "any debt is bad" mentality still holds true to a lot of people.

In any case, if you're debt gets too bad you could start a new world war and destroy your competitors. It's why WWI was started.

I should have said financial crisis instead of debt crisis. Theres no way you can spin this in a good way. 14 trillion dollars in debt in not "healthy". and if you know anything about our shitty politicians you know this will only get worse. America has defaulted three times on our credit. Its nothing new. If we defaulted, a ripple effect across the entire world would happen almost over night. We owe china a shit ton of money for starters, I know they wouldnt be happy. The us dollar is the world reserve currency. It would have an effect on everyone.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    I really hope things don't turn out well for you guys and China gets mad. Then there will be a war which will lead to the events of...

...Fallout :hai: