Minecraft

edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Who plays Minecraft here?

More importantly, who DOESN'T play Minecraft here?! You have to be insane to not try it out, because you should believe me when I say that it's well worth the money. My friend gave me a free 2 week trial run of the game and although I was reluctant at first, I gave it a shot and now I'm hooked. Who'd have thought that building shit out of little pixellated blocks would be so much fun! Before playing this game, I just thought it looked like a pretty dull, un-fun game which had no playability... And for the past few days, I've been playing non-stop. I'm totally buying this as soon as my trial runs out.

Minecraft - you play it?

Comments

• TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    Back when I still had school there was a bunch of people passing it around. It was pretty fun to play during class but eventually I got got bored of it after playing it for 4 hours every day for weeks.

I enjoyed building cool ass mines and forts though. I think I'm going to play it again later today.
  • edited August 2011
    Hahaha, it's good fun to build stuff. Me and a friend have built a massive house/mansion/castle type thing which has many floors, rooms, corridors and underground shit.

Download a texture pack for it, the HD ones look pretty sweet.
  • blink182blink182 Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    minecraft is overrated as hell. its fun for like a week or two. then you quit for 3 months. then you play for like a week. quit for 4 months. play for a few days. cycle repeats and eventually you just quit. ultimately the developer of the game is a complete and utter dipshit who has no idea how to manage a game. he got lucky with a good idea and he honestly should just sell the game to someone. im all for indie devs but not if they suck, and this guy and his little team does. like i said its a good idea to start but its a spineless, glitch infested game.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Played it and loved it and then got bored of it. Even helped in Z minecraft but it's boring work with little or no productivity.
  • edited August 2011
    blink182 wrote: »
    minecraft is overrated as hell. its fun for like a week or two. then you quit for 3 months. then you play for like a week. quit for 4 months. play for a few days. cycle repeats and eventually you just quit. ultimately the developer of the game is a complete and utter dipshit who has no idea how to manage a game. he got lucky with a good idea and he honestly should just sell the game to someone. im all for indie devs but not if they suck, and this guy and his little team does. like i said its a good idea to start but its a spineless, glitch infested game.

Sounds like you need to get the Adventure update when it comes out :D
  • edited August 2011
    I don't have the time to waste. Which surprises me.