Quick sketches

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Made a couple quick sketches on Paint using just a mouse. Wutchugaisfink?

flamingo.png

snail.png

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    They're cool.

Using a mouse is pretty darn hard, there's no accuracy with it. I got an Intuos4 a couple of weeks ago and the thing is beautiful. Here's some of my sketches; sorry for the shitty shading:

10mmwk6.jpg
    142dj0x.jpg
    [img][/img]
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nice ones, I couldn't draw those :p

My drawing by hand skills are limited to very simple figures. I can't shade properly even if my life depended on it.

However, I do take small pride in my above-average mouse handling skills. Nice to see noobs cry when I pick up a sniper rifle :cool:
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »

My drawing by hand skills are limited to very simple figures. I can't shade properly even if my life depended on it.

However, I do take small pride in my above-average mouse handling skills. Nice to see noobs cry when I pick up a sniper rifle :cool:

Same here.

Pretty fucking awesome at FPSs' too. Just redownloaded Combat Arms. What games ya play?
    edited July 2010
    Well I haven't played any FPS in quite awhile. Got bored of the repetitiveness. Used to play all the HL1 games like CS, DoD, and those other mods. Then played some BF2. Tried out a few MMOFPS, don't remember if I tried Combat Arms. Heh, these memories are itching my trigger finger. Maybe I'll take a look at Combat Arms later.

Mostly been playing shittons of SSBB lately and just recently took up EVE :p
    edited July 2010
    Well I haven't played any FPS in quite awhile. Got bored of the repetitiveness. Used to play all the HL1 games like CS, DoD, and those other mods. Then played some BF2. Tried out a few MMOFPS, don't remember if I tried Combat Arms. Heh, these memories are itching my trigger finger. Maybe I'll take a look at Combat Arms later.

Mostly been playing shittons of SSBB lately and just recently took up EVE :p

Eve? Eww man, come on.

I've been considering purchasing DoD from the steam store. Is it any good? Seems really outdated and it just got ported to mac. You oughta try CA and AVA. They're pretty decent for a f2P. Especially AVA.
    edited July 2010
    It's been a lifelong dream of mine to be the captain of my own spaceship. EVE is probably the closest I'll get :(

DoD is dated but it still holds up quite well. There's were still enough decent servers running on Steam when I logged into it briefly a few months ago.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    Made a couple quick sketches on Paint using just a mouse. Wutchugaisfink?

Pretty good for MS Paint and a mouse icon14.gif
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    They're cool.

Using a mouse is pretty darn hard, there's no accuracy with it. I got an Intuos4 a couple of weeks ago and the thing is beautiful. Here's some of my sketches; sorry for the shitty shading:

I do quite a lot of drawing with my mouse and it comes out pretty good, I kind of cheat though ;) The Blob brush in Illustrator CS4/CS5 is the best to do it with. It automatically smoothes out all the edges and gives you nice rounded curves, makes you feel like a pro :cool:

Try playing Killzone 2 on PS3. The sniping is pretty hard as the SixAxis motion sensor in the controller makes your characters arms move when looking through the scope, you've got to keep your hands as steady as possible.

It's ridiculously fun ;)