I hear voices early in the morning

Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
they wake me up. I strain to listen to them when I'm half asleep, then I wake up completely and they disappear and leave a void of silence.

then I go back to sleep.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Never heard voices, but this morning I had sleep paralysis for about 10 seconds, haha :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    It's called "your parents having sex but trying their best to keep it quiet" :o
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited October 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It's called "your parents having sex but trying their best to keep it quiet" :o

I live by myself.
    edited October 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    I live by myself.

Stop playing cassette tapes of your parents' sex sounds while you sleep :o
    edited October 2010
    Stop playing cassette tapes of your parents' sex sounds while you sleep :o

my parents have been divorced for 3 or 4 years now and prior to that did not sleep in the same room since 1999.
    edited October 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    my parents have been divorced for 3 or 4 years now and prior to that did not sleep in the same room since 1999.

Ok, I'll stop making sex sounds while you sleep next door :o
    edited October 2010
    Ok, I'll stop making sex sounds while you sleep next door :o

YOU!!!

your friend barged into my apartment a week ago, tell her I say she's a bitch and should look where she's going and that she is damn lucky I wasn't fapping or I'd have jizzed all over her a la grandma's boy.
  • greenerivergreeneriver Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    This is happening to me as well. I dont even know what this forum is for I just googled "I hear voices in the morning" and this is what I got. So I just thought I would share my experience, to see if I could find anyone who knows what the hell is happening to me. This is been going on for about a year now, but its starting to get out of my control. I now cant sleep at my condo by myself, I sleep at my parents house or girlfriends because I'm to scared. Every morning at 3:50 am to 4:00 am I hear people talking and whispering in my room. And when I wake up I still hear them. Only when I turn on the TV they go away, but I still feel people's presence in m room. They go away around 4:30 to 5. Then the room feels empty again and I know they are gone. I'm pretty skeptical and concerned about my mental health because, I have a Uncle and Aunt who suffer from Mental Illness. So I am going to a doctor this week to get a professional opinion. I am under a lot of stress, and just hope the doctor can tell me what this is. I dont do drugs of any kind, in my youth just recreational weed and drinking. But now Im a health nut. So now I just sleep with the TV on and it drowns them out a little, or I just stay awake through the times when they they start to talk. I hear them in the corners of my room or peripherals of my vision. And when I focus on where the voices are coming from its like they recede to the other corner of the room. And when I call out and say "hello" its like they hear me and someone says "shish" like Im interrupting their conversation, then they proceed to talk again, but I can never make out what they are saying. But every morning at 3:50 to 4:00 they wake me up with their chatter then they talk until about 4:30am then I am able to drown them out and go back to sleep. I have not had a good nights sleep in over a year now, and at my wits end. This is actually the only time I have ever told anyone other than my mother. You see she was wondering why I was sleeping over all the time, and when I kicked a hole in her wall from being so freaked out one morning, I owed her an explanation on what was going on. So she convinced me to see a shrink. So anyway Im glad I found that this happens to other people as well, and Im not alone. Again I dont even know what this forum is for, or what yall talk about, but if you can comfort me and share with me your experience, I will feel assured that I am not going crazy, and having a mental breakdown. Thanks for taking the time to read my crazy post. Truly yours the Insomniac.
    '
  • edited August 2011
    Damn, that sounds pretty freaky. I have no idea what might be the cause but the only thing I thought of is that you're still partially dreaming or something when you wake up. I think that this sort of thing might actually be more common than you think, I'm pretty sure that someone I know also has this problem.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited August 2011
    I've had that too, It's an auditory form of hypnagogic hallucination I think; I thought I heard voices too.
    Totally normal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia#Sounds