The Beginning of The End, Decent Attempt At Mind Fucking

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
A man finds a way to travel through time in order to avoid "The Big Crunch" but just before shifting back into the past, he finds himself dying. Now he must find a way to intervene with the help of himself in the past. The problem is, he can't remember seeing himself in the past to know how his future self died.

Watch the short and then open the spoiler.
The 1st future Cory is actually the 2nd future Cory. The 2nd Cory just shifted in before the 1st Cory did so he could prepare the present Cory for what was about to happen. That's why 2nd Cory said "things will get weird but everything's fine". If the 2nd Cory didn't prepare present Cory then the 1st Cory would get his ass kicked for being obnoxiously stupid. That's why the kicking scene was in black and white... because it ended up not happening since the 2nd future Cory helped prevent it. After preparing present Cory for the events ahead, the 2nd Cory shifted back in a little later to be the 3rd Cory. This is why he knew the present Cory would open the door. So that's when the 3rd future Cory gave present Cory the gun. 3rd Cory felt that if he could avoid getting his ass kicked by changing the past then he could avoid getting himself killed by changing the near future. 3rd Cory knew that present Cory would be ok because if present Cory didn't survive the murder then 3rd Cory wouldn't be there in the first place. So the present Cory was the only one who could put a stop to it. 3rd Cory then shifted one more time to see if things had changed but unfortunately his timing was bad and he got a little cocky with the door. It was too late. In the end, the recoil doesn't kill present Cory. It knocks him out making him forget the whole experience. But unfortunately the only thing the 4th Cory could do was try to go back into the future and try to warn the 1st Cory "Don't open the door!" before he died. See! If this was a feature film I wouldn't have to cram all this story into a 5 minute YouTube video. Now watch it again and see if you get it : )

THE BIG CRUNCH THEORY: In the future, the expansion of the universe will come to a halt and all the combined gravities within the universe will begin to pull themselves back together. The force will become so great that the universe will collapse into a reverse Big Bang Theory.

DO I BELIEVE IN THIS THEORY?
I'm not saying I believe this theory is right. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was proven to be wrong. Either way, I'm just having fun with it.

ADDING TO THAT THEORY:
If the universe would be collapsing then travel between spaces of time may be possible since everything is now moving backwards. This "big crunch" may also be the universe recycling itself which would give birth to the "big bang" all over again. With that being said, could life repeat itself in a same way? Could this be why many of us experience deja vu's? It's an interesting concept to dwell on.

Comments