Abercrombie and Fitch seeks end to Jersey Shore links

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As much as I hate the preppy image and Jersey Shore, it's nice to see the 2 fall out somewhat. Silly Guidos.
US clothing brand Abercrombie and Fitch has offered to pay the rowdy, hard-partying cast of MTV reality show The Jersey Shore not to wear its clothes.

The company said their association with the clothing was "contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand".

It singled out Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, saying he could cause "significant damage to our image".

More.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Nobody wants to be associated with those filthy guidos.

EDIT: The Situation already has a lot of money, I think. If I were him, I'd troll them by only wearing A&F from now on.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    getting paid to not wear shitty a&f? sounds awesome :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2011
    Fuck, I haven't even seen that show but the trailers annoy the hell out of me. I'm sitting there watching South Park or something and suddenly an advert comes on featuring some faggot pretending to be an answering machine :facepalm: I can see why Abercrombie and Fitch want to end that relationship.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I hate A&F and wonder why I don't get paid to wear their clothes. If I wore them and continued my normal, regular life, they'd probably pull the plug. Also who the fuck aspires to be a clone of everyone else? HURRDURR JACK WILLS, ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH HURRRR
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited August 2011
    Not true It actually could have increased sales for them. People want to be like the Fun,outgoing, fist pumping guidos they see on tv Thinking by dressing like them they to can be cool.At the same time the mom who bought those 80 jeans for her kid doesn't want her child to be wearing an expensive name of clothing if some trash on tv is walking around flashing it. who knows who cares.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    Interesting. I'd actually consider The Situation to be the least embarrassing/trash of the whole group. Other brands should be paying Snookie not to wear their clothes/carry their purses.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited August 2011
    Aha the plan fucking backfired on a&e for being haters, their stock dropped 9% today to an all time low. Everyone wants to hate on Jersey shore cast, fuck it everyone's just jealous. Its good TV,if you don't like it then turn the channel.
  • RetrogradeRetrograde New Arrival
    edited August 2011
    Echidna wrote: »
    Its good TV,if you don't like it then turn the channel.

This. People who typically hate it are nerds or shutins anyway so their opinion is irrelevant anyway.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Retrograde wrote: »
    This. People who typically hate it are nerds or shutins anyway so their opinion is irrelevant anyway.

LOL it's Nielsen rating is only 4.4.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited October 2011
    A&F's action has brought them down to the same level of jersey shore...I can tell this company will not have a place in the future
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2011
    i dont understand why they are bitching about free advertisement.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    As far as I am concerned they are both commercial trash and belong together.