How Do You Like the Totse of Tomorrow?

RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Without bitching or derailing the thread this time, I'd like to ask the question - how do you like the totse of tomorrow? In this thread you should offer thoughts and opinions on the direction that Totse is heading in, and how the site is progressing during it's time on the internet. Is there anything you'd like to see added or changed? Maybe you really agree or disagree with something here. Whatever it is, this thread is for you to voice your opinions in, using a sensible and informative tone. No bitching, no three word posts - keep it serious. Maybe this thread will turn into something which everyone can help out on, to make the Totse of tomorrow a much better one!

Go go go!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I think this place has a lot of potential. I love doing my job here as an editor, but I don't like seeing so much drama over the boards. I think we all need to chill out, and above all, get some information flowing! Totse is all about the sharing of free information, so I think more effort should be put into writing some more content for the site. Replies should be longer, threads should be more about interesting matters rather than "what did you have for breakfast today", new and interesting information needs to be published and without this, I do not believe that Totse will succeed to do what it's set out to do!

We have some amazing members here. We, together, have the combined IQ of over 9000, and that's not a meme. We need to USE this knowledge and write some interesting stories, interesting content, and get it published so that people from all over the world can flock here and see what an interesting community we are! I want less of this drama, less of the retarded posting, less of people picking apart the community for a few mistakes which may have happened in the past. Because at the end of the day, who gives a fuck?!

Information. Discussion. Freedom.

READ, KNOW, DO.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Like trx said, the drama gets to me. This place is like my second family and the old users have been in my mind for the past 6 years or so. It's a shame to see people leave or piss others off because of a website. We can't build a community on hatred and bitching.
    The &T of tomorrow looks promising. These blogs being implemented are a new twist - I just don't like the narcissistic aspect, but I'm sure they will be used to discuss the work done here.
    Teamspeak is a new aspect, too. Sure not everyone agrees with it, but it's useful to discuss new additions in real time. As for future plans, I'm not one to add my support in Facebook etc as I am convinced it's an FBI honeypot for sites like this - not least with the Cyanide selling etc. However legit or not.
    All we can do is continue to attract people with our mindset. It's becoming more difficult as people would rather add a status to their social network about what dinner or clothes they have instead of sharing info on how to say, cook that meal or make those clothes. People these days are used to information here and now. Instead, people need to see that everything takes work in life, and this site needs those people. You won't get anything without putting anything in.
    So let's make up, get on and keep rolling. I wish I could wave a magic wand, but I can't do that or turn the clock back. Inspiration is needed, but once you get it, I believe this site will go even further in terms of guides and text files.
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    I agree completely. We need to unite as a community, seperate ourselves from the losers who do nothing but come here to cause drama and disruption. We need to develop content, put thought into replies, and get transfer knowledge through those posts. People come here to learn as well as socialize, so I think we need more of the informative threads rather than those asking about peoples days. Of course, general discussion is still good as it keeps things moving. However, I don't think we're using our heads enough here. We have a few very dedicated people on board, but the rest of ya need a kick in the rear end ;) I'm sure every single one of us here has something useful to share.
  • edited August 2011
    I agree completely. We need to unite as a community, seperate ourselves from the losers who do nothing but come here to cause drama and disruption. We need to develop content, put thought into replies, and get transfer knowledge through those posts. People come here to learn as well as socialize, so I think we need more of the informative threads rather than those asking about peoples days. Of course, general discussion is still good as it keeps things moving. However, I don't think we're using our heads enough here. We have a few very dedicated people on board, but the rest of ya need a kick in the rear end ;) I'm sure every single one of us here has something useful to share.

And unite we shall, for Totse needs a giant kick in the ass. People need to post threads with meaning, write replies with meaning - show some dedication for Totse. We're all here because we're trying to build a community, right? Well then, we all need to get helping.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    There is so much potential in this site, and we have been handed the opportunity to create something special. We have dedicated members, mods, and admins on this site which means we have a solid foundation from which we can grow. I think if a bit of elbow grease is put in, then we follow this website to fruition and end up with a forum board that we can all be proud of.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited August 2011
    You folks should compare this thread and go back exactly ONE YEAR ago to the same kind of tripe in August of 2010. Only difference between these threads is the old ones had more members posting on them. :facepalm: