how to get tons and tons of free chips

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited September 2011 in Life
if you have a frito-lay distribution center near by go into there dumpster the site is usualy a smaller idustrial looking building with frito-lay trucks park around it

we go once a week and bring home huge boxes of chips the boxes are like 4 feet tall the only problem with the chips are they are only 1-2 days past sale date u can even find peanuts and cookies i sugest not eating the beef jerky

Comments

• edited August 2011
    That's cool, we used to dumpster dive the bin outside the local milk bottling plant in the winter for expired ice cream, probably not the brightest move, but when you're 12 free ice cream is worth the risk.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited August 2011
    That's cool, we used to dumpster dive the bin outside the local milk bottling plant in the winter for expired ice cream, probably not the brightest move, but when you're 12 free ice cream is worth the risk.

haha we used to do the same thing at dunkin doughnuts
  • ChukChuk Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, one time a friend got a big mouthful of chunky milk from that dumpster, it was kind of gross.
  • edited September 2011
    Chuk wrote: »
    Yeah, one time a friend got a big mouthful of chunky milk from that dumpster, it was kind of gross.

LOL, thanks for showing up dude, was that Jake?
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    if you have a frito-lay distribution center near by go into there dumpster the site is usualy a smaller idustrial looking building with frito-lay trucks park around it

we go once a week and bring home huge boxes of chips the boxes are like 4 feet tall the only problem with the chips are they are only 1-2 days past sale date u can even find peanuts and cookies i sugest not eating the beef jerky

Is jerky not preserved so that it doesn't go off?

I've never dumpster dived for food, but I used to steal tonnes of chips from the school tuckshop when I was about 10. They used to leave huge boxes of them outside the school (yes, just sitting outside the front gate) and never seemed to notice a box gone. One box would last me around a month, at which point I'd grab another box. This was great until my shit school decided to go 'healthy' and get rid of anything that was mildly nice. Fuck that.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited September 2011
    im notg sure found a box of beef jerky over a year old it tasted alful beef sticks are even worse
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited September 2011
    it was donuts for me...donuts have a long shelf life even after the legal expiration date has occured. I could imagine chips having a long shelf life as well.. those are probably the "safest" dumpster dives
  • xbcnfujvxbcnfujv Regular
    edited September 2011
    if i found a box of expired beef jerky and/or chips, i would set-up a booth at the nearest high-school football/baseball game and sell that shit.

...with the expiration date wiped out, of course... :D
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited September 2011
    damn i wonder if there's a company near me :) one of you guys should do a night op , take pics of what to look for . are the boxes just out in the open? are they inside the factory?
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited September 2011
    there usualy just bags of chips layingong on the dumpster theres usualy 2 dumpster one for just cardboard and the other for chips